Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Edibles made with wax

Cierraw2014

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on making edibles with wax. I made a batch of fruity pebble treats and I’m not quite sure where I went wrong I used 1 gram of wax and I decarbed it at 200 for about 25 minutes. Should I have cooked the decarbed wax with the butter for awhile? Any feedback is appreciated!

I'm about to make some tincture with crumble
Ill decarb in stainless steel at 220f (104c) for 20 minutes
Think your time and temp looks good for decarb

A little more detail on your entire method would help
You may have 1 or 2 treats that are super charged and 10 that have nothing
Things like baking temps, how you mixed your ingredients can all make a difference

So after it’s decarbed should I let the wax cook with whatever fat I’m using for a little bit. I read someone saying that it needs to bond with the fat but then others say you don’t. Also I didn’t bake it afterwards I made rice crispy treats.

Also what do you think is the best fat to use? I’ve read a lot of people like coconut oil, I used butter. When I added the wax I had it on the end of a fork and had my torch on low and then it just melted into the butter. Then I just stirred up together til the wax was mixed in then added my marshmallow.

Butter is a fine choice as a carrier, better to clarify it first (ghee)
Coconut oil is the preferred carrier in a lot of stoner circles and the fat of choice for me, depends on what you are making

Am I to assume you did your decarb, let the wax solidify and liquified it into the butter and mixed
Then made your treat mixture with it but no more heat in the process

If this is close then there may be an issue with your decarb
Is your oven or other method of decarb accurate temperature wise, this is a common problem, buy several oven thermometers and check your temps
This method tells you where your oven temps really are and you can get rid of or return any thermometers that were way off from the others
Not expensive and a must if using an oven for decarb

If the decarb is not the issue then maybe dosing
This could be too little concentrate in a lot of butter or the aforementioned 2 killer treats and ten duds

So,
Is your decarb accurate?
How much butter did you use?
It is rarely an issue but was your wax potent?

Edibles are easy once you get your decarb down and perfect your transfer method

Edit:in the above posts I spoke about using stainless steel to decarb my crumble
Instead going to try silicone cupcake liners
IMG_20210221_183226.jpg

Last edited:
I think I might have messed up in my decarb process. I used 1 stick of butter to 1 gram of wax. I think next time I’m going to try and put it at a higher temp when decarbing in the oven. I will purchase an oven thermometer as well.

I also did not clarify my butter. After making them and doing research I see that maybe that could have been an issue as well!

I think I might have messed up in my decarb process. I used 1 stick of butter to 1 gram of wax. I think next time I’m going to try and put it at a higher temp when decarbing in the oven. I will purchase an oven thermometer as well.

I also did not clarify my butter. After making them and doing research I see that maybe that could have been an issue as well!
There is a process with concentrates that requires observation
During the decarb process concentrates bubble
When this bubbling subsides a lot of folks consider this a sign the decarb is nearly complete
Wish I could have helped more, just starting to work concentrates into my edibles

I'm an ethanol extraction and reduction disciple
May want to explore ethanol extraction, never let me down

I decarb at 240f (115c) for 40 minutes, times and temps may differ around the net but this is a good base to work from in the future
Clarified butter makes working the concentrate in a little easier
Better dispersion and suspension

If you want to spend a few extra dollars after you calibrate your oven with your new thermometers, buy one with a probe and alarm
If you imbibe while decarbing the alarm will alert you to time and temp

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back