Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Education topics

My friend invented a deal to filter rso and solvent to 5 microns. It didn't flow well so he added air pressure to the tank. It flowed better (we found later he blew the filter apart) but when cooking it down it was half sludge.

Turns out the material came from a guy that threw about everything in a jug of iso and let it sit. For months, lol. Roaches, bad weed, old weed, whatever.

And this all at a camp demonstration to show how to make rso. Quite the demo, lol.

My friend invented a deal to filter rso and solvent to 5 microns. It didn't flow well so he added air pressure to the tank. It flowed better (we found later he blew the filter apart) but when cooking it down it was half sludge.

Turns out the material came from a guy that threw about everything in a jug of iso and let it sit. For months, lol. Roaches, bad weed, old weed, whatever.

And this all at a camp demonstration to show how to make rso. Quite the demo, lol.
Well, they showed you alright.
One step up, standards.

@Killick, this is amazing, and congratulations on the teaching gig!

I would suggest informing people that tolerances vary. And, they way they ingest their cannabis can produce different results.
Edibles and vaping take longer for effects to kick in and start giving relief compared to the almost instantaneous effects of smoking.

I may cause an issue by saying this, but it is possible to overdose with cannabis. Understand I'm not saying it's the same as a stereotypical heroin/other drug overdose, but I have on occasion over indulged. For me, it's not a good feeling.
I think it's important for people new to cannabis to start slow and build up their tolerance. Especially with edibles which can take up to two hours for effects to be felt.

:twocents:

@BD9 thanks! And thanks for the pointers!

The introductory oil class covers dosing and side effects. The first few days will be 'different' for new users. I tend to get them making their own oils, and when they start taking it they are advised to start low. 3 drops can be either too little for some, and too much for others, but it's not an unmanageable dose to start. After the first couple of days they can start adding a drop to their dose to see how they respond. The first indication that is working tends to be better sleep. One had client experienced nightmares at 3 drops, so we got him on 1 drop for a week, just to get started. He's 83. The oldest one I've worked with is 96, and she's great at self regulating her intake.

Someone mentioned coconut oil congealing - MCT is a great non hardening variety. Olive oil is a great base, as well. Cocoa butter, on the other hand, makes a great base for homemade chocolate, and is covered in a more advanced course.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back