Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Enail Kits and Bits

The enail in my signature works with the sic halo just fine. My heater is years old and warped to an oval shape now a days, but other than that the sic halo puts out serious vapor on my setup. I'm running hotter than some at 580F. I can't exactly remember what the dish temp was, 465F or something.

That dnail carb cap fits like a glove. Hard to not recommend it. Should last forever FWIW.

Is there a cheap carb cap for the halos that's 80% as good as the d-nail carb cap? maybe i could get one 3d printed from some heat resistant something.
Would the SiC halo work with any of those flat coils from dhgate or 710coils? Though I'd probably just want to torch it for a while.
I really am an utilitarian cheap bastard, not one for extravagant things like sapphire inserts.
I have used a glass bowl/slide for combustion use that was never used before. I would turn it upside down and use the 14mm male end as a carb to control airflow. It let in a lot more air which I liked. I felt it allowed me to increase how quickly I could vaporize a dab in comparison to when I use the dnail carb cap. I always loved and stood by the dnail carb cap and I tried the new vape Ti carb cap and some others but I only saw the dnail carb cap as the way to go. The glass slide seemed to vaporize faster and taste slightly better.

I have heard of another guy using an 18/14mm reducer as a carb cap with great success similar to mine! Is @biohacker on this forum?

Is there a cheap carb cap for the halos that's 80% as good as the d-nail carb cap? maybe i could get one 3d printed from some heat resistant something.
Would the SiC halo work with any of those flat coils from dhgate or 710coils? Though I'd probably just want to torch it for a while.
I really am an utilitarian cheap bastard, not one for extravagant things like sapphire inserts.
The saphire insert is okay
Makes it taste better
I do not use a lot though as the clean etc is less fiddley without it

any flat coil will work, I use the flat coil that came with my auber all good

I would get an auber or some other unit though it makes a big difference to torching whether using QBs or the Halo SiC

I also am looking for a good carb cap for the Halo

I currently use a ti cap I got complimentary in another delivery but it is a little small for the Halo
I also use a ceramic cap that came with a dhgate glass piece for free and it is slightly bigger so works well

But neither are quite big enough to fit over the cap fully

So if anyone has suggestions for the cap I also am interested

Is there a cheap carb cap for the halos that's 80% as good as the d-nail carb cap?

Not IMO. The D-nail cap....with forked dabber...is essential equipment in my experience.

Remote control PID, look pretty good, lots of colors to choose from;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017...d=384115780729565195#s1-0-1b;searl|3841984971
rBVaI1htqQWAdgBVAAFftqIIq-M371.jpg

I like the remote idea, I might get it and the 20mm Ti nail to start me down another rabbit hole, I will only be using it for reclaim to start with. I also liked this one,-again, remote control, a bit more expensive though;

fancier-f710-electric-e-dab-nail-box-complete-kit-dry-herb-vaporizer-aluminium-case-gr2-titanium-nails-carb-cap.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/fanc...ail-box-complete/392349701.html#mfavit-4-null
I noticed the remote...
The unit looks nice to me

I would still look at a halo and/or 710 banger though

I have other nails and ceramice nails and glass nails and other bangers....

Shanes QBs and the Halo Sic are the only two that are worth it....there is a big diff

I like the heating unit though....very nice looking and fast heat up in vid plus the remote and case for same price as an auber.....

So look what I got today, only 7 days to receive from China, stuff usually takes 4-5 weeks to get here from there;
Nice box,
IMG_20181219_140333.jpg

It even came with an Aussie style power plug,
IMG_20181219_140436.jpg

So if a cheap Chinese PID controller can be delivered in such nice packaging why don't other vape manufacturers do the sane?
Time to vape some poop! Start at 666f?

Edir;
I purchased rhe enail kit from;
https://www.dhgate.com/store/20284342
I had great service from Howard, they were out of stock of the 20mm nail I ordered but got them back in stock a couple days later and I was kept informed of this. After they got the coils they must have sent it by priority mail because I now have it only 7 days after ordering, most stuff from DHGate takes 4-5 weeks to get to Australia.:cheers:

Last edited:
I have been testing the Enail and it heats up to 650F in well under a minute and the accuracy of the temperature is amazing, my non-contact thermometer read the same as the enail within 2 degrees!
The reclaim made a mess of the bail, black encrusted baked on goo even though I iso swabbed after each dab. I tried cleaning it in a jar or iso with salt in the ultrasonic cleaner but that did not budge it:disgust: still black. I then placed the nail directly in the straight water facing down, 30 minutes later the nail was like new (but now a golden colour)
IMG_20181220_151751.jpg

I have had a small problem with the carb cap not seating properly, the carb cap hits the coil before it seats and that makes it sit crooked;
IMG_20181219_194357.jpg

IMG_20181219_194446 (2).jpg

I think I might shave off 3.4mm from the bottom of the carb cap to make it seal/sit properly....any other suggestions for a fix or am I just doing something wrong?
As you can see, I have tried the coil on both ways.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have been testing the Enail and it heats up to 650F in well under a minute and the accuracy of the temperature is amazing, my non-contact thermometer read the same as the enail within 2 degrees!
The reclaim made a mess of the bail, black encrusted baked on goo even though I iso swabbed after each dab. I tried cleaning it in a jar or iso with salt in the ultrasonic cleaner but that did not budge it:disgust: still black. I then placed the nail directly in the straight water facing down, 30 minutes later the nail was like new (but now a golden colour)
View attachment 6592
I have had a small problem with the carb cap not seating properly, the carb cap hits the coil before it seats and that makes it side crooked;
View attachment 6593
View attachment 6594
I think I might shave off 3.4mm from the bottom of the carb cap to make it seal/sit properly....any other suggestions for a fix or am I just doing something wrong?
As you can see, I have tried the coil on both ways.:thumbsup:
Just a cheaper nail I think that doesn't fit properly....It will work for you for now - save for a 710 or halo set up :)

you should be able to torch clean the nail after dabs if you want to keep it clean as it is Ti

you can torch the QBs clean too

The halo has a "self clean" mode where you just turn the coil up to full for an hour or two once it is too dirty then iso qtip wipe it clean...works well

https://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-glass-converter-drop-down-adapter/397237840.html

Also I would suggest getting some of these @LesPlenty
There are a number of designs but I think these are the best I have found - they function a lot better and also due to the shape collect he reclaim well in the pointy bit

They also stop any chance of breaking the joints in your bongs due to heat expansion and metal bits etc as if it breaks anything it will be these adapters instead of your bong :)

When I ordered I just put in the notes a list of the ones I wanted and got a mix of male to female female to female and the diff sizes to suit my diff needs/rigs/setups

I was going to ask about them as placing the nail on top of my cloud buddy had me looking for possums trying to see where I was dabbing, my first attempt was a bit of reclaim the size of a TicTac, I soon found out a little goes a loooong way, talk about ring puckering, that is how I found the poor fitting carb cap, it fell off into my lap, my dressing gown took the hit for me, thankfully:thumbsup:

I was going to ask about them as placing the nail on top of my cloud buddy had me looking for possums trying to see where I was dabbing, my first attempt was a bit of reclaim the size of a TicTac, I soon found out a little goes a loooong way, talk about ring puckering, that is how I found the poor fitting carb cap, it fell off into my lap, my dressing gown took the hit for me, thankfully:thumbsup:
Wait till you hit some fresh squashed rosin..... ;D
And yes without drop downs it can be hard to spot the dab...hahaa

Thought I had better say thank you to @Baron23 for posting XLR plug numbers and @710 coils for having the same set of instructions as to what each number is as an industry standard.
I managed o get my Menovo apart with the help of a 1f2" drive extension bar and a sharp whack (after I prised up each corner of the plastic faceplate to get at the front screws) the back of the plug had numbers and each wire led to a part labeled on the circuit board so it was really easy to work out what went where.
Always take pictures so you know where shit goes when putting back together;
IMG_20190826_200043.jpg

Like which slots the circuit board slips back into.
IMG_20190826_195958.jpg

And how the wires feed through for reassembly.
I cut and shut all the wires, screwed it all back together and it works a treat, the temperature accuracy is still what I remember too(on a 20mm quartz banger before, now on my SiC Halo)
IMG_20190826_183448.jpg

Spot on to the degree...again, how is this possible?
I am not complaining, just wondering.

Edit to add @710 coils link showing numbers and respective use;

Last edited:
Thought I had better say thank you to @Baron23 for posting XLR plug numbers and @710 coils for having the same set of instructions as to what each number is as an industry standard.
I managed o get my Menovo apart with the help of a 1f2" drive extension bar and a sharp whack (after I prised up each corner of the plastic faceplate to get at the front screws) the back of the plug had numbers and each wire led to a part labeled on the circuit board so it was really easy to work out what went where.
Always take pictures so you know where shit goes when putting back together;
View attachment 12487
Like which slots the circuit board slips back into.
View attachment 12488
And how the wires feed through for reassembly.
I cut and shut all the wires, screwed it all back together and it works a treat, the temperature accuracy is still what I remember too(on a 20mm quartz banger before, now on my SiC Halo)
View attachment 12489
Spot on to the degree...again, how is this possible?
I am not complaining, just wondering.
Maybe a better unit
Sometimes China makes shit better

Who knows
I know I liked the look of your unit and the remote since you got it

Almost makes me want to buy one and rewire it

US$82 delivered to Oz;
1566817452671.png

Quite a bit of gear for the money and easy to use. Great starter setup for someone that just wants to hit reclaim as the Ti is good for that.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back