Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Enail Kits and Bits

as an enail? perfectly functional
yes, they're cheap, but they work
Newvape controllers are similar, china manufactured controllers

Which one are we going to get, 20mm hybrid, is bigger better?

So it sounds like we need at least to use this, D-nail SiC halo,
http://www.d-nail.com/nails/sic/d-nail-sic-halo
To appreciate concentrates, their site says to use D-Nail flat coil heaters only, that being said, is there a DHGate kit that can run it?
Maybe this for US buyers, still looking for 220-240v;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/dnai...recinfo=8,108,1#cppd-1-5|null:108:r0031354806
18mm-glass-banger-water-pipes-wax.jpg

So it sounds like we need at least to use this, D-nail SiC halo,
http://www.d-nail.com/nails/sic/d-nail-sic-halo
To appreciate concentrates, their site says to use D-Nail flat coil heaters only, that being said, is there a DHGate kit that can run it?
Maybe this for US buyers, still looking for 220-240v;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/dnai...recinfo=8,108,1#cppd-1-5|null:108:r0031354806
18mm-glass-banger-water-pipes-wax.jpg
I have never bought or used flat coils from DHgate. So long as the voltage is right, you also need to ensure that the pin arrangement for the coil is compatible with your chosen controller.

Also keep in mind that a poorly shaped flat coil can and will damage a SiC halo due to uneven thermal expansion. It would be very unfortunate to get such a shitty coil that it could break your SiC halo in this way, but I am reliably informed that it has happened in rare cases - hence the warning from d-nail. Reputable coil vendors (probably not dhgate lol) of any kind should be safe bets for flat coils all the same. I am not under the illusion that only d-nail can make a sufficient flat coil :peace: You can definitely find a DHgate controller that is compatible with coils from other vendors, IIRC plenty around here and FC have done so.

I definitely would suggest to @felvapes and @LesPlenty to avoid quartz bangers with barrel shaped coils. Barrel coils are a problem because they conduct heat onto the sides of a banger only. The floor of the dish is not hot enough as a result and so leads to inefficient, uneven vaporization and worse flavor. Axial coils are always preferable for quartz bangers. I do not know of any dhgate sellers who sell axial coils at present.

I'd still recommend the SiC halo unless you plan to get a quartz banger with a sapphire/ruby insert. Quartz alone does not compare to SiC ime, regardless of whether it is polished or opaque.

TBH, I'd never buy an enail controller, nor coil from dhgate. If your coil or controller malfunction you risk runaway temps, damage to your rig and even fire risk depending on the environment around your rig. It just isn't worth it IMO. As a similarly, if not quite so cheap alternative to DHgate, the Auber controllers are known to be quite reliable and safe. You guys may also wanna check those out. Of course, I say the above not to tell you guys what to do, but just to give my :twocents: :peace:

I picked up an Auber controller a week or so ago. I'm an enail noob, but it feels like a much better device than the controller I bought from DHGate.
The temperature seems a little more stable at default settings, and really like the rotary knob for adjustments.

I've been thinking about getting some bits from https://710coils.com/
He's due some axial coils soon :)

:)
I wanted something a little better than the Newvape offering.
I spent some time hanging around on forums and I did look at a few boxes, but the Auber seemed reasonably priced and quite well regarded.
Plus they use a standard XLR connector and wiring like others so coil compatibility is less of an issue.

[edit] yes, that looks like the correct coil for use with the dnail Sic dish

Good info, which Auber did you get, I see they have a 12/24 vdc unit as well, great for off grid and camping.

Thank you for all the information
I am feeling the auber posted above plus the coil
Affordable and reliable
SiC Halo...when in stock....

Thank you for the info

Waiting for my slug eagerly

I see on the Auber site you can add a flat coil to the purchase for $45 extra, or a flat coil and Ti nail for $70 extra and slow/cheapest postage to Oz $28. So for just under US$200 (AU$275) and we would be set(plus sic halo insert later when avail) so about double the cheap Chinese route and we would be getting pretty well regarded kit, I also like that Auber have Paypal…….hard to resist

I see on the Auber site you can add a flat coil to the purchase for $45 extra, or a flat coil and Ti nail for $70 extra and slow/cheapest postage to Oz $28. So for just under US$200 (AU$275) and we would be set(plus sic halo insert later when avail) so about double the cheap Chinese route and we would be getting pretty well regarded kit, I also like that Auber have Paypal…….hard to resist
Yer looks pretty good to me
I am just waiting on my slug now and will use with my new torch and quartz banger
Then I think this is definitely the go if I continue to enjoy my rosin experience....Love these sites for the sharing of knowledge....

will use with my new torch and quartz banger
That reminds me, I have a heap of quartz & Ti nails that I keep getting with all the glass I buy, might have to try my ISO washed jar concentrate like a heathen with one of them and I have one of those dr dabber HE-nail things to try too.

That reminds me, I have a heap of quartz & Ti nails that I keep getting with all the glass I buy, might have to try my ISO washed jar concentrate like a heathen with one of them and I have one of those dr dabber HE-nail things to try too.
This is how I used my first hair straightened rosin....extras from glass purchases

Thank you for all the information
I am feeling the auber posted above plus the coil
Affordable and reliable
SiC Halo...when in stock....

Thank you for the info
That setup should serve you very well for a long time to come, great choice!

This is true, but I'd avoid the ti nail :twocents: I don't recommend dabbing on titanium at all. TBH, better dabs can be had with a cheap quartz banger and a torch than a titanium enail!

I couldn't agree with you more about the benefits of the Auber purchase over DHgate options for the money though :peace: Definitely a sound purchase for that additional peace of mind.

I am just waiting on my slug now and will use with my new torch and quartz banger
That'll work well until you get your hands on a SiC enail. As above, torching a quartz banger can still be tastier than titanium enails, so long as you've got your torch technique and timing down :biggrin: As I say below, keep your dabs small when torching a quartz banger. The bigger the dab, the more waste!

Definitely try out the quartz nails man, I'd avoid the titanium because of inferior taste and the need to season titanium nails. Do keep in mind that the SiC enail experience is incomparable to torch dabbing on quartz, even when you've mostly dialled in your torch technique. A SiC enail will give you delicious, consistent and efficient dabs with voluminous clouds every time (think sublimator level clouds) and minimizes waste of your dabs.

I frequently shudder when I watch people torch dabbing on quartz, so often I can see a visible pool of unvaporized resin leftover in the dish which they just qtip and throw away!

One big tip for torch dabbing is to keep your dabs smaller (.05g or less). This is because larger dabs may not have completely vaporized by the time your nail has gotten too cold otherwise. This means wasted dabs. Alternatively, with larger dabs and a torch + nail, you can just overheat your nail to compensate, but this will ruin the flavor and make your dab super harsh instead.

Last edited:
That setup should serve you very well for a long time to come, great choice!

This is true, but I'd avoid the ti nail :twocents: I don't recommend dabbing on titanium at all. TBH, better dabs can be had with a cheap quartz banger and a torch than a titanium enail!

I couldn't agree with you more about the benefits of the Auber purchase over DHgate options for the money though :peace: Definitely a sound purchase for that additional peace of mind.

That'll work well until you get your hands on a SiC enail. As above, torching a quartz banger can still be tastier than titanium enails, so long as you've got your torch technique and timing down :biggrin: As I say below, keep your dabs small when torching a quartz banger. The bigger the dab, the more waste!

Definitely try out the quartz nails man, I'd avoid the titanium because of inferior taste and the need to season titanium nails. Do keep in mind that the SiC enail experience is incomparable to torch dabbing on quartz, even when you've mostly dialled in your torch technique. A SiC enail will give you delicious, consistent and efficient dabs with voluminous clouds every time (think sublimator level clouds) and minimizes waste of your dabs.

I frequently shudder when I watch people torch dabbing on quartz, so often I can see a visible pool of unvaporized resin leftover in the dish which they just qtip and throw away!

One big tip for torch dabbing is to keep your dabs smaller (.05g or less). This is because larger dabs may not have completely vaporized by the time your nail has gotten too cold otherwise. This means wasted dabs. Alternatively, with larger dabs and a torch + nail, you can just overheat your nail to compensate, but this will ruin the flavor and make your dab super harsh instead.
Love the info
Thank you very muchly

Ok so, the controller and flat coil from Auber, I only suggested the Ti nail with it as I thought I would just swap the dish part out with the sic dish later on when available. Do I need a special nail for the sic dish, won`t it fit on the Auber nail?
Almost there.:thumbsup:
Then we will have to talk about recycler rigs.:clap:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back