Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Essential oils in edibles

Shredder

Dogs like me
Has anyone added essential oils for edibles?

My latest experiments using rosin for medibles makes me think terpenes have a role in medibles. Although rosin tastes worse than RSO, probably due to terpenes.

My early observation is that the buzz is more like vaping than from medibles made from RSO.

Up till now it was impossible for me to tell sativas and indicas in medibles. I think the terpenes make the difference.

I have orange oil and lavender oil. Both are organic and edible. Both are loaded with terpenes.

Can you guess where I'm going with this?

I've used cinnamon and peppermint essential oils when making hard candies. But that's about it....

Worked beautifully to mask the cannabis flavor. I find cinnamon works the best for that application.

I do see cinnamon listed as an ingredient in a lot of recipes. But other than alpha pinene I don't recognize most of the terpenes.

Did you feel the terpenes affected the medibles in any way?

Lavender has quite a bit of myrcene, and orange oil has d-limonene. Two fairly well known terpenes.

While I wouldn't vape either, I am interested in getting vaping like effects from medibles. Especially the uplifting for day time medibles.

I do get those effects using rosin, but the natural terpenes do not taste great. So I hope to get close to those effects but better taste, while still getting an effective dose.

Not in any way but taste.

And the taste was good, bad, ok?

I added about 5 drops of orange oil to a 1/2 batch of gummies today. (66 small gummies)

It tasted maybe slightly better than without. Just ate one so idk yet what effect the orange oil might have.

My problem with gummies is to get them strong enough they taste bad. Not eating them for flavor, but still.

My honey butter tastes pretty darn nice, the medicated maple syrup isn't bad.

And the taste was good, bad, ok?
Well... the cinnamon worked much better on taste than the mint did. There was still a strong weed taste with the mint.

My problem with gummies is to get them strong enough they taste bad. Not eating them for flavor, but still.
I get it. Have you tried hard candies? Seems like you would be able to play around with the dosage more since gummies can go soft and sticky easily when the recipe is altered.

I get it. Have you tried hard candies? Seems like you would be able to play around with the dosage more since gummies can go soft and sticky easily when the recipe is altered.

I haven't tried medicated hard candies yet. Maybe when my wife gets back. She's visiting kids/grandkids out of state.

My last 2 out of 3 gummy batches came out fine texture wise. Batch two was pretty strong, batch 3 is strong but more manageable. But both don't taste very good.

While the honey butter and maple syrup taste better and are easy to adjust doses. The disadvantage is portability. My search for the holy Grail goes on, lol.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back