Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Feeling Creative? Design our new graphic!

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
ATTENTION ALL VAPOR ASYLUM INMATES.................

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-71.jpg

It's time for a new look! And what better place to ask than the inmates themselves?

We've had a couple different designs for our stickers, shirts, etc.... but I would love to get some new ideas.

Some of our past designs:
IMG_3320.jpg

I'd love to go with something a little more colorful this time....... so anyone got any ideas? If so, how about sharing them?

Here's the deal.....

1. Contest is open to all members.
  2. Post a picture/drawing of your design for a new graphic for our stickers/t-shirts. Designs must be free of any prior copyright or water mark.
  3. You may post one entry per day.
  4. Discussion is allowed but will not count as an entry.
  5. Contest will run through Saturday, August 24, 2019.
  6. Winner will be chosen by staff.
  7. Winner will be announced Monday, August 26, 2019
Edit: Contest has been extended to August 31, 2019. Winner will be announced on Sept. 2, 2019.

And what will the design winner receive?

EF1461F8-8C9C-40E0-B764-446F9FCEA541.jpeg

1. A Vapor Asylum t-shirt
  2. A Dynavap NonaVong in dark wood
  3. A Dynastash in dark wood with concentrate container
  4. A Dynacoil
  5. A Vertigo torch
  6. Stickers
I know we have some super creative members here and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Post a picture/drawing of your design for a new graphic for our stickers/t-shirts. Designs must be free of any prior copyright or water mark.

So then is it accurate to say that all submissions are pretty much required to be original art? Original in the sense that all submissions that have graphic designs / images must be owned by the individual who submits it? Or might there be some sort of work around if one can find an image that is in the public domain or copyright free?

@momofthegoons this is great, I was going to ask you about a new contest, this can inspire many of us to be more creative instead of just cut/pasting innernetz pics.
i'll see what I can come up with.
@Kurtdigglur looks great, I had to focus on the negative space to see the 'vapor' after a second take. awesome concept, tweak it up a bit more visibly.

I am wondering what image (or perhaps "mood" might be a better term) in regard to the name, "Vapor Asylum", are you striving to project? For instance, one could argue that the name, Vapor Asylum, tends to conjure up images in one's mind from an old black & white, Bela Lugosi movie. Maybe it's just me, but integrating much in the way of color to a new VA logo would seem a bit counterintuitive to that type of theme, unless of course we're talking about color derived from lots of blood spattered across the image. Just wondering what direction you're hoping to go with imagery attached to a new logo?

I am wondering what image (or perhaps "mood" might be a better term) in regard to the name, "Vapor Asylum", are you striving to project? For instance, one could argue that the name, Vapor Asylum, tends to conjure up images in one's mind from an old black & white, Bela Lugosi movie. Maybe it's just me, but integrating much in the way of color to a new VA logo would seem a bit counterintuitive to that type of theme, unless of course we're talking about color derived from lots of blood spattered across the image. Just wondering what direction you're hoping to go with imagery attached to a new logo?
See.. that's a good question. I love the 'asylum' feel we have going on and wouldn't mind continuing that. But I am also open to a newer, more colorful idea. I do like the direction you are going in; with the old black and white theme and Bela... (are you aware that my grandmother was born in the village under Dracula's castle? :biggrin:)

Bottom line is whichever design rocks my world is going to be the one that wins lol.... (okay, okay.... I'll let Stevenski and Fluff have a say as well but....) And what that is will be determined.

So I encourage members to go with their gut... or creative bent... I'd like to see all kinds of ideas.

are you aware that my grandmother was born in the village under Dracula's castle?
hahaha...well, that explains a lot!! haha

I rather like the existing b&w guy in a straight jacket design, myself.

I, personally, will not be entering this contest as I'm pretty sure that badly draw stick figures is not what is desired....but would be the limit of my artistic abilities! haha

I like to think of the Asylum is a vibrant happy place full of colourful characters rather than dark & foreboding. A place to escape the insanity of the real world. A happy place. Like Willy Wonka's factory. A happy place that has some twists :lol:

I just want to mention that I am not planning on 'getting rid' of the old designs... more like adding to them. This way we'll have had a new sticker each year we've been around. I'd love to continue that....
Ah....this is it for me after spending a whole day vaping and cruising vape internet boards! haha

1565706141325.png

1565712125617.png

“Klaatu barada nikto”

Translation:
"Hey! Check out THIS vaporizer, Earthlings!"

Visit us at:

picturetopeople.org-8f8b678659df5459028892f5836569b95e0b453ab0a0e90655.png

p.s. - I'm thinking of this one as more suitable for a T-shirt than say, a sticker. Of course, the format could be modified to fit a smaller product, like a sticker.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back