Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Finally cracked using infused coconut oil, and it tastes good.....

Kellya86

Herb Gardener.....
Iv never had any luck making tasty, or even bearable treats using avb coconut oil...
Or even fresh herb oil, iv always hated the coconut taste more than anything...

But after going all paleo and having no sugar for a month, i decided i was gonna figure out some cookies if it cost me a fortune in overpriced organic ingredients....

So after much trial and error I managed to produce really tasty, infused cookies....

GQQtSgO.jpg

Not the best pic, iv since made them prettier...

So to achieve this I used...

Half cup of coconut flour...
Quarter cup of coconut sugar..
Quarter cup of coconut oil (infused or not)...
Quarter cup of coconut butter...
2 tbls good local organic honey....
3 egg yolks....
Cinnamon and ground ginger...
Organic dark chocolate (natural cane sugar type)...

The coconut butter is my new favourite thing, it has no essenceof coconut to it.. so it's great to replace nomal butter for my paleo diet...
All in moderation of course...
I think it would be great for infusing into, but I'm looking into that now, I see no issues yet..

Anyway mix all that together one thing at a time, and you end up with a nice cookie dough...

Bake for 15 mins (dependant on cookie size) And away you go....

This is a rare treat for me.....

Last edited:
Coconut oil is my favorite fat to infuse. It works for so many things besides baking.

Nice recipe! I've never used coconut sugar before. Is it as sweet as 'typical' sugar?

Hi @momofthegoons, I haven't been around much lately, nor on fc, due to some recent developments that have left me in a living hell...
But this is life eh, gotta be an optimist...

Anyway the sugar is really sweet. It works really well for anything sugar would do. It tastes a bit like demarara sugar..

And the coconut butter is not the same as coconut oil. The butter has absolutely no coconut taste...

And the coconut butter is not the same as coconut oil. The butter has absolutely no coconut taste...
Sigh.... this is what I get for answering before my coffee had kicked in! I didn't even notice the coconut butter.....

So interesting....... and I can see I need to do some looking around at the health food store. Do they sell the coconut butter in the fridge section or is this in a jar as well?

Sorry to hear you've been in 'living hell.' :ugh: I hope things improve for you soon.

Sigh.... this is what I get for answering before my coffee had kicked in! I didn't even notice the coconut butter.....

So interesting....... and I can see I need to do some looking around at the health food store. Do they sell the coconut butter in the fridge section or is this in a jar as well?

Sorry to hear you've been in 'living hell.' :ugh: I hope things improve for you soon.

Ha it's ok I know it's early for you when I post at lunchtime...

Supermarkets don't sell it here in UK, I have to get it from a health shop called Holland and Barrett. And its twice the price of oil....

Thanks for your kind words.... I ws actually considering making another account just so I could speak about it. But then I remembered I'm British... stiff upper lip, pull yourself together man, and all that stuff....

I ws actually considering making another account
Well that would have not gone over well.... I would have had to spank you for that... :whipit:

Feel free to vent if it will help. :smile:

I'll have to look into the coconut butter. I've used the old cocobutter that comes in a tube for moisturizing. But have never seen an edible version. We have several good health food sources in town so I'll give them a try before resorting to the netz.

But then I remembered I'm British... stiff upper lip, pull yourself together man, and all that stuff....

Indeed...you Brits suffer in silence so well it puts us Jews to shame....and we love to suffer (apparently LOL).

What ever it is, as you well know....this too will pass. Best of luck, mate.

Indeed...you Brits suffer in silence so well it puts us Jews to shame....and we love to suffer (apparently LOL).

What ever it is, as you well know....this too will pass. Best of luck, mate.

Ha thanks @Baron23 ...

With this recipe, you want the mix to be as dry and stodgy as possible, its hard to stop coconut flour products going cakey.. so making the mix heavy amd dense, gives you nice chewy sticky biscuits.. rather than a delicate cake texture....

Oh and for the choc chip I use 85% dark organic chocolate that doesn't contain sugar..

You mentioned this in the 'How High Are You...' thread and I was just wondering; did you do anything differently when making your coconut oil this time? Or do you solely attribute it to the abv not being as dark?

Ah I forgot about this thread..
I had cracked using coconut oil and making it taste good... but it's wasnt too potent...

The avb being lighter definatly helped id say...
But only some of it was, about a third was from the evo, which I don't extract as heavily as with my vapcaps...

But iv also switched coconut oil brands to a completely tastless/oderless variety...

And the final difference was something I observed... and that was that this oil didn't bubble round the edges like the others have..
Normally I have my slow cooker on low to medium, but this time I had it on high, as the bubbles were not forming... so this leads me to believe that this coconut oil has a different boiling point (higher)..
Or my slow cooker is on its last legs... but I doubt that...
So maybe I was able to extract more efficiently due to the higher temps...???
I just don't know...

But what I do know is this.. a small teaspoon of it in my tea is enough to annihilate me for a good 6 hours...

Iv always wanted a usable, long life edible stash.. now I have one...
Just a shame I can't have edibles too often...
Damn responsibilities......

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back