Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Firefly and Firefly 2

Thanks. I’m feeling a bit better.

When I packed it away, I remember not liking it. But I’m not disliking it this time around. I like that you can take one or two hits and put it away until later. Sometimes that’s all I need instead of a full session.

I also discovered you can use Herbalizer concentrate pads in the Firefly.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’m feeling a bit better.

When I packed it away, I remember not liking it. But I’m not disliking it this time around. I like that you can take one or two hits and put it away until later. Sometimes that’s all I need instead of a full session.

I also discovered you can use Herbalizer concentrate pads in the Firefly.
I also love my evo for the same reason. This ability to take a few hits and save the rest of the bowl for later with minimal flavor loss is very underrated so I'm glad to see you mention it here :biggrin:

I've always wondered if I should get an FF2 for portable dabs. I am sure I am just a 420 sale away from such a purchase :dog:

I can’t justify the cost of an upgrade right now, but I am going to pick up a new battery on Amazon this weekend. It’s been stored for so long, I think the old battery has degraded some. I can’t get more than a couple 4 hit sessions total. I just keep charging it when I’m not using it, and supplement with my Solo.

I can’t justify the cost of an upgrade right now, but I am going to pick up a new battery on Amazon this weekend. It’s been stored for so long, I think the old battery has degraded some. I can’t get more than a couple 4 hit sessions total.
Ah I suspect you will be right about the battery being a bit old and not holding charge so well as a result. A new battery should make quite a difference in that case :)

The same thing happens with all battery powered vapes eventually IME.

The price of a new FF2 is definitely at the very highest end for portable vapes and I can 100% empathize with your hesitation about the cost of the upgrade. It has been the only factor that has kept me from getting one myself yet - also because I know I'm gonna need umpteen extra batteries and an external charger for my purposes which just adds to the cost!

I could never be consistent with FF1. I tried the FF2 and while similar, I found more consistent results.The batts(at least they give you 2) and the charger seem marginally better . The app could use some major tweaks . In the end, taste is Great & the vapor, exceptionally Cool. I can hit it, put it down, 2hrs later do the same without any trace of popcorn.

All my jillions of fans will know I was a bit of a FF1 fan back in the day. I was maybe a champion of it, one might say. I was maybe a bit of a fanboy, one might say. And by "one," I mean ... the literally one person who would actually remember. This was so many years ago one could still describe it in months, so ... you know.

I am still occasionally rocking the FF1 now, right goddamn here in the foul year of our lord 2017, after purchasing and receiving it in the not quite as foul year of our lord 2013, in that long month of December. You know, like the Counting Crows song. :ko:

I sent it in for an RMA a little bit before the FF 2 came out. Like some posters reported on other forums around this time, my OG unit seemed to get some kind of upgrayedd (the extra "d" is for an extra Dose of his pimp game) and it has not suffered a hiccup since, other than battery upkeep. Fucking FF batteries. :ugh:

I almost wish the unit would just die at this point to give me an excuse to buy the newer model, but... fucking thing keeps on ticking.

I only use it around the house anymore, but it still serves an almost pretty much significant part of my vape needs.

I may not be the fan of the company I once was, as the customer service insulted me a while back. even though I was a major poster in their thread on another forum and they should have shown me a little goddamn respect, or at least appreciation IMO, but.... I guess forum memories fade pretty quickly, as they say. Probably, they say it. Fuck if I know. Who bloody fucking cares anyway.

Feel free to look that shit up. It's not hard to find.

In any event, I would still pick up a FF2 if it were feasible for me. My understanding is they are (finally) updating the app again. Perhaps @mitchgo can fill us in on those details?

And you know what? It's been so long since I seen the ocean. I guess I should.

Oh yeah, I went there. For the kids. :ko:

In any event, I would still pick up a FF2 if it were feasible for me. My understanding is they are (finally) updating the app again. Perhaps @mitchgo can fill us in on those details?

And you know what? It's been so long since I seen the ocean. I guess I should.

Oh yeah, I went there. For the kids. :ko:
Yep, a new app is in beta testing this week. Huge improvement....

1. A slider with increments of 10 degrees F or 5 degrees C. You can now dial in nearly the exact temp you want.
2. The temps themselves are apparently more accurate.
3. The green "ready" light pulses every time you touch the buttons now. You get like two pulses and then it's ready to hit. That first hit is much faster.
4. You can draw for a shorter period of time, 7-8 seconds instead of 10, and get the same amount of vapor.
5. The app experience is a bit streamlined....you get an immediate "connect' screen when you open the app.

Overall, after playing with it for a day, I found this update to be quite helpful. It doesn't change the essential way the FF2 operates, but it gives you more control. I did a session starting at 380, and got at least 8 great hits before stirring and temp-stepping. I eventually cranked it up to 460, two notches into the "concentrate" zone, without combustion. I achieved something like full extraction this way and only got the overheating RED LED once in the session, towards the end.

I didn't notice much in the way of bugs in this version, so hopefully it'll be in general release soon. The temp slider is an excellent and very useful new feature...I'm not really sure how it interacts with the other ways you can set the temp (like the "calibration" slider), but I suspect given the way it works that it just supersedes the other settings. IE the only temp control you need to play with is the slider, if you like it. (The one downside is that once again you need the app to get to this great feature, and without it, you're just sitting at whatever temp you last set.)

Great update that should make folks pretty happy who've wanted more exact, and more correctly labelled temp control.

As for seeing the ocean, we are leaving for a dog walk by the water in 40 minutes. Can you get here in time? :rofl:

Does anyone no why the phone app isn't working? It's also missing from the app store. Could major tweaks be coming??

Does anyone no why the phone app isn't working? It's also missing from the app store. Could major tweaks be coming??

Yep, they arre just about to release the new version any day now. Think that's why they removed the old app from the App Store. (I don't know why the old app isn't working, however....I've heard that from other people as well.)

Any new details you can give us on this firmware update, Mr. @mitchgo ? :naughty2:

Still got my one working eye on the FF2 ... :wink:

The new onboard temp control feature works great... .you press the right button, tap the left three times, and you enter the temp mode. Then just tap the left button anywhere from 1 to 7 times to select any of the 7 preset temps. The LED flashes the number you selected. (I thought it would be wonky tapping as many as 7 times, which just seems weird to me, but it worked every time.)

A nice feature here is the app temp slider is correlated to the onboard changes so you can watch it move up or down as you change the temp on the FF. The 7 temps are, according to the slider (in F): 250, 310, 340, 370, 400, 430, 480. So it goes from quite low to concentrate level.

Hopefully they'll get the new app rolled out asap.

A note from FF:

"Dear Firefly Customer,

You may have recently noticed an issue with using the Firefly app on the iPhone. This is a temporary issue due to updates we are working on with the Apple app store, and should be resolved soon. Once available, the new app will be a free and useful upgrade that enables you to get even more from your Firefly experience.

If you have previously downloaded and used the Firefly app on an iPhone, there is a workaround available now so you can continue to use the app (see note below).

If you have not previously downloaded the Firefly app, and are using an iPhone, the app will not be available for a short period of time. This temporary issue will be resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Workaround for those who have previously downloaded and used the Firefly app on iPhone.

1) On your iPhone, go to the App Store
2) Go to Updates, found in the lower right corner
3) Select Purchased
4) Scroll down until you locate Firefly Vapor
5) Select it and download it
6) On your iPhone, go to Settings and turn Airplane Mode on
7) Turn Bluetooth on
8) Now go back and open the app and it will work.

We sincerely appreciate your patience. We will announce the availability of the new app as soon as possible."

So I owned the FF2 since December 2017. Haven't mentioned it here. I know that has affected your life greatly. For that, I apologize. Especially to @mitchgo .

All of this is only my opinion.

Anyway, I loved the FF2. I know it gets little love on the forums, but I've been a fan of FF tech since the beginning. Guess how many other portable on-demand electric convection vapes there were in 2013?

But who cares about history? Boring! Although, sorry, I'm going to have to talk about ancient history - upgrading an FF2.

So, I recently upgraded my FF2 to an FF2+. $30 plus the shipping to get it there? I found that to be an absolute bargain. It's an upgrade and a deep clean. And I had it back 1 week later. The turnaround was so fast I thought it must have been a mistake. But it wasn't. I could tell the difference from my first toke.

The airflow is significantly more open. Battery life lasts my lightweight / micro dosing a full day or more per battery on a day off. And the heater has been juiced the fuck up - I now start at 260 F. at 89% calibration. How fucking hard are you other people hitting this thing? :thinker: I don't care much about where I start but it seems I must inhale a lot more weakly than others.

That's another thing. I love how much control the evil app can give you. This is the flower device I bought that introduced me to concentrates. And after using the more solid form of concentrates, I've come to realize I prefer the inelegant action of using a simple stainless steel pad - easy to clean and reuse. But I also would rather just use flower. I like flower.

I perfectly understand why this device gets so much hate - the obnoxious marketing sure doesn't help - but I fucking love it. On demand portable electric flower convection seems to be a very small market. I want to continue to support it, as that is exactly what my needs require. And I don't much care for carrying wooden vapes outside of my home.

My one real complaint is the China-based batteries. But … what the fuck are you going to do there? I think most of us, if not all, are in that guilt laden pool. Call me horrible, but I ordered a few more FF batts as soon as I heard about the coronavirus. Does that make me a bad person? Or a bad person only out of desperation? Probably doesn't matter because there's a slew of other reasons.

Is any one using the new version as their daily driver ? After one gets the hang of it how is the cloud production ? Not that I'm a cloud chaser, its just info that helps me.

Been considering this one for some time. On demand heat is a feature I've been wanting in my next portable. Anything with a DV tip is my fav. However the torch itself & it in the wind when outside or packing the extra power source can be a pain to pack every day. It's just not discrete at all. Also I'm convinced the DV puts off more odor when not used than a lot of other vapes. Of course this is easily solved with a proper case.
Discreteness is important. I'm wanting swappable batteries, on demand heat without needing a troch. It needs to produce good quality, heavy vapor with out being a Herb Hog. I wont run it at this level all the time. I've just found I get along best with vapes that can do this as long as they have decent temp control.

Can any one say this one might work for me ?

Or do I order, get in line & wait for one of the two, both claiming to be todays benchmark vape by reviewers ? That seemingly every one who is anybody is telling me my life cant be the same with out

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back