Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Firewood 6

I got mine last week. I am still trying to dial it in, so I can’t give much of a report yet.
But here are a few pics:
D34CDD1C-D24D-47F4-ACF5-1C42A0384B52.jpeg
7B1A058A-5153-4D15-BB04-079FBBBC0461.jpeg
2CABC297-A5DB-4005-8723-E600FEE25900.jpeg

These are about the nicest looking vapes I've seen. Functional works of art.

@Jill NYC, nice collection! Details, please and thank you!
Thanks @Moses Baca ! That’s my wood vape collection thus far.
Black Walnut L’il Bud (with a Purple Heartwood Stem), Cherry Milaana and Walnut FW6.

@Helios - Unfortunately, I have had some issues, so just sent back to Marc. He thinks it is a firmware issue that he has already corrected for newer 6’s.
when I get it back I will report here.

but I will say, I really like the form factor and have faith it will be fixed to my liking!

@Helios - Unfortunately, I have had some issues, so just sent back to Marc. He thinks it is a firmware issue that he has already corrected for newer 6’s.
when I get it back I will report here.

but I will say, I really like the form factor and have faith it will be fixed to my liking!

Yes, according to Marc's last public statement he has corrected the Firmware on all units yet to be shipped. There has been, Marc added, an occasional issue with the glass stem pulling the o-ring away from the top of the bowl and thereby compromising the seal necessary to create a proper suction effect. By way of personal testimony, I own the FW 3 & 4 and have found them to be outstanding vape in both form and function. As well, @firewood has impressed me as a craftsman of high integrity who stands behind his products.

And I believe Troy is going to do a review of the FW6 on Instagram tomorrow evening...not sure what time.

I would hope that these high priced units that get made are more thoroughly tested prior to selling

If I had bought a unit and had to send back from here it would be a big downer on the situation

I am glad people respect the maker and past products and that he is happy to address issues

But issues really should be sorted before selling imo

Esp by the 6th version of something

Still very interested in the feedback on this

Still think the chamber lid will gunk up super quick and the whole vape will become smelly over time

But definitely watching with interest as people seem to love these

Last edited:
I would hope that these high priced units that get made are.kore thoroughly tested prior to selling

If I had bought a unit and had to send back from here it would be a big downer on the situation

I am glad people respect the maker and past products and that he is happy to address issues

Still think the chamber lid will gunk up super quick and the whole vape will become smelly over time

It's a full convection, on demand herbol vape with temperature control (regulated) and it's handmade to boot. What's not to like?

Kinda like what I wanted that Eden to be. The air path is glass and ceramic. But it's a wood vape. It probably will stink, but my weed stinks anyway, so when I carry it I use mylar bags. No biggy.

I don't have one yet, and never even seen any of the FW1-5, but I did read a lot of forum posts along the way. Not too many unsatisfied customers. The reviews of the others were good as well.

It's cheaper than a nomad, less techy than a lil bud timber or elite.

That it's a little quirky makes it even more desirable, like a car/bike or something that takes skill to master.

It's a full convection, on demand herbol vape with temperature control (regulated) and it's handmade to boot. What's not to like?

Kinda like what I wanted that Eden to be. The air path is glass and ceramic. But it's a wood vape. It probably will stink, but my weed stinks anyway, so when I carry it I use mylar bags. No biggy.

I don't have one yet, and never even seen any of the FW1-5, but I did read a lot of forum posts along the way. Not too many unsatisfied customers. The reviews of the others were good as well.

It's cheaper than a nomad, less techy than a lil bud timber or elite.

That it's a little quirky makes it even more desirable, like a car/bike or something that takes skill to master.
I didn't speak about liking or not liking
It does not seem difficult to use at all

A vape that stinks as it cannot be cleaned is an issue though
If I have not cleaned the mighty for too long it stinks and is obviously a weed vape
The weed does not smell like this and can be put in smell proof containers
Not so with a vape too big and it's meant to be pocketable and it will stink during use which is an issue

The lid for the stash spot once gunked up with resin will be extra fun or sweary when it breaks

But all this aside

I was commenting on issues on a brand new vape that is in its 6th Form

The testing should be done prior to avoid issues
If I had bought and had to send back straight away I'd be unhappy

If it was noticed as an issue straight away by the customer, it could and should have been noticed via testing and prior to post and sale

Good he is willing to address

But not good quality control

I'm sure it is a vape people will love
They all love the prior ones as I said

But yea
What's not to love?
If it broke or did not work after waiting so long and the maker already knows the issue upon mention of it

I do have a grasshopper and am touchy on instant sendbacks and not tested gear before sales

Last edited:
I would hope that these high priced units that get made are more thoroughly tested prior to selling

Yeah, I knew going in, there was a chance there would be issues. Anytime there is a new vape release, there are bound to be bumps. Especially when it is such a small operation. I knew the risks going in, so not bothered by it.

While this is my first FW, I have faith in the faith other folks already have in Marc.
He sent me a shipping label within an hour of telling him it needed to be looked at.

Looking forward to getting it back!

Yeah, I knew going in, there was a chance there would be issues. Anytime there is a new vape release, there are bound to be bumps. Especially when it is such a small operation. I knew the risks going in, so not bothered by it.

While this is my first FW, I have faith in the faith other folks already have in Marc.
He sent me a shipping label within an hour of telling him it needed to be looked at.

Looking forward to getting it back!
So he should
And as I said it is good he has affirmative CS
It is still not a good thing to have happen and it is not so much a new vape as the 6th interpretation of one

And it should have been tested before sending out - if it was doa and he had the answer for the issue immediately
Means he knew and could/should have better quality control and testing prior

If it had been sent to me in Aus and I had to return immediately I would not be impressed

Anyway
I did say people seem to love his vapes
I did mention it is good he has decent and quick CS
And I am interested to see peoples feedback once they have a working unit as they are much loved by many

Just raising some points I thought were valid and if any other company would be held accountable for such issues

I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback when you receive a working unit

While it's true that the stash area COULD become gunked up over time, there are a couple of potential workarounds that come to mind.
The first is to dry your herb out well (15-20 minutes under 60 watt incandscent) and the second is to use a small stash tube that can easily be kept in the stash space.
I'm sure there will be other mods suggested to address the potential "gunk issue".

While it's true that the stash area COULD become gunked up over time, there are a couple of potential workarounds that come to mind.
The first is to dry your herb out well (15-20 minutes under 60 watt incandscent) and the second is to use a small stash tube that can easily be kept in the stash space.
I'm sure there will be other mods suggested to address the potential "gunk issue".

Threads on grinders need cleaning as they gunk up
Thin piece of wood sliding in thin gaps in wood, I can see resin build up in the back making it difficult to slide, I believe it will be difficult to get to at the back of stash to clean
It looked a bit difficult in the video above from new
Get some resin build up in the back slots it may become annoying
The stash looked like it went around the back etc so a tube may work but will make the amount possible to carry a lot smaller

Just an observation watching the video
I don't have one to know

"oddjobold said:

Performance wise - it was to much hard work. Cigar puffing and drawing for a long time became a chore very quickly. I was expecting a more powerfull heater than than the FW5, but its about the same or worse to meb. The heat levels became pointless if you can only use the hotest 1/3 of them, and actually maximum the most."

There have been a number of reports wherein the user has made similar comments on temperature setting. In fact, in the video above at around 8:50, Troy says he boosts the heater to 440 degrees Fahrenheit, (and I paraphrase here) not because it's necessary but because he likes to. As I recall, he doesn't elaborate on why he likes to. ???????????? His statement in that regard...honestly...raised a red flag!

Hopefully there will be some early adopters that can verify that the FW6 produces really good, solid vapor at 360, 370, 380 or 390 degrees Fahrenheit!? As most of us are aware, many folks enjoy temp stepping and would be very disappointed in a vape that can't accommodate a variety of EFFECTIVE vaping temperatures, again, temps in the upper 300's!

New users, if you're here, please take a few minutes to share your experiences!
:clap:

"oddjobold said:

There have been a number of reports wherein the user has made similar comments on temperature setting. In fact, in the video above at around 8:50, Troy says he boosts the heater to 440 degrees Fahrenheit, (and I paraphrase here) not because it's necessary but because he likes to. As I recall, he doesn't elaborate on why he likes to. ???????????? His statement in that regard...honestly...raised a red flag!

Hopefully there will be some early adopters that can verify that the FW6 produces really good, solid vapor at 360, 370, 380 or 390 degrees Fahrenheit!? As most of us are aware, many folks enjoy temp stepping and would be very disappointed in a vape that can't accommodate a variety of EFFECTIVE vaping temperatures, again, temps in the upper 300's!

New users, if you're here, please take a few minutes to share your experiences!

From comments I've read adjusting the temps is cumbersome and a lot of folks are using factory settings that are set somewhat odd, IMO. Maybe there's a reason? Idk.

I agree with your comments, on our vapes we start about 365F, more with water. But I really don't know till I know about a FW6. I'd like 365-375-385 but that could change depending on the vape and how I use it.

I'm hoping to hear soon. I thought last week, but Marc had a snag I guess. My last email said he hoped next week, and that was 2 weeks ago now.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back