Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Firewood 6

Yea watching the video didn't exactly make me want to jump at one
It tasted nice he said
But the vapour production didn't look great and he certainly didn't stay on it that long
He was soon back on the mighty puffing clouds
I still have my concerns raised earlier too

Be keen to hear from people here once they have theirs to try

To be fair, Troy is a beast. No one vapes like him. Do you see how long he hits it? Then goes right into dabs after the mighty.

I love his videos, but we have vastly different styles. I'm damn near a micro doser. Compared to him, I definitely am, lol.

From what I've read you must make a series of presses, and listen for vibrations to set temps. Kinda wonky but once it's done it's done. The pre sets are causing the problems it seems.

It'll be a new experience for me, but I think I'll like it. I don't see it becoming another grasshopper, or Marc as hopper labs. Or even rbt for that matter. Lol.

To be fair, Troy is a beast. No one vapes like him. Do you see how long he hits it? Then goes right into dabs after the mighty.

I love his videos, but we have vastly different styles. I'm damn near a micro doser. Compared to him, I definitely am, lol.

From what I've read you must make a series of presses, and listen for vibrations to set temps. Kinda wonky but once it's done it's done. The pre sets are causing the problems it seems.

It'll be a new experience for me, but I think I'll like it. I don't see it becoming another grasshopper, or Marc as hopper labs. Or even rbt for that matter. Lol.
How you choose to use a vape is personal

How capable a vape is of working under any conditions is another

A hopper works better (when working of course) than the fw6 in that video and has less breakable parts - it breaks all on its own...hahaa

But yea I am definitely keen to see some more reviews of this and liked some of the ideas it has

Just not quite what I would like it to be ATM

Yet to be seen if he gets multiple returns or not and if that creates a longer wait for people
HL live up to their warranty, it just takes them forever and coms suck

At times I try to (or have been forced to) use less and stretch my weed out but I easily have back to back vapes or dabs if the mood takes me

We used to have big bowls when smoking and just keep passing the bong around till it's gone

i can do a Troy sesh
I have been just medicating to needs lately though and going about my business till I need a redose

Last edited:
I'm hoping to hear soon. I thought last week, but Marc had a snag I guess. My last email said he hoped next week, and that was 2 weeks ago now.

Yep, my last email said I was to receive my invoice by today. However I received an email this morning indicating it would probably be another two weeks. Personally, I hope he takes his time to engineer the FW6 precisely the way he wants it. If that creates a delay on delivery of a month or two I'm okay with that. Would make a nice Thanksgiving or Christmas gift to ourselves! :twocents:

So it kind of is getting more and more delayed
I'd have wished the testing and checking had been done prior to release
(This is reminiscent of hopperville)

I am sure he now intends on fixing things first, but it would be better to have had some beta units go out or something to get the gremlins out before selling to public and sending some units out

I still hold hope that he will fix the issues and that those who have purchased will get their vape in good working order at some point in the future

I still can't wait for a review from someone with a fully functioning unit

The two videos posted in this thread have not got me vassing over it though at this point

From @firewood
"Ok here is the update I promised. This is a copy paste from an email I sent to the existing fw6 customer so it may look familiar. These are the known defects on the initial batches, all of which have fixes in place.

Leaky mouthpiece tube:
Some units have air leaking in where the glass tube enters the bowl. This can be caused by a few factors which may require reworking or replacing of part(s). To test if you have this issue you should open your vape then completely cover the bowl with your finger so that no air can get it. Then draw on the glass tube. You should be able to create suction that holds for at least a few seconds if you seal the glass tube with the tip of your tongue. The main symptom of this issue can range from unacceptably weak vapor to a very subtle reduction in vapor and . Whether or not your unit seems to be working, I encourage you to send it in to get fixed if it fails the suction test.

Sticking button:
Some units have had the heater/button stick closed. It is pretty obvious when this happens but seems to be rare. If you have ever encountered this issue I strongly encourage you to send in your unit to be fixed.

Under sensitive draw sensor:
Some units have an under-sensitive draw sensor caused by a firmware bug. If you find that your unit is unexpectedly shutting down mid draw it is probably caused by this bug and I can fix it if you send it in.

Missing 9 clicks/buzzes:
All units shipped before today have this firmware bug that prevents setting the temp to 290 or 390 degrees F. You will need to send in your unit to get the fix for this bug."

I mean, there are defective parts and then there are design flaws, the latter certainly being much more challenging and certainly time consuming to fix!

TIA!

My repaired FW6 should be back in my hands sometime tomorrow according to USPS.
I had issues with both the air seal and the firmware bug.
I have been taking a T-break for the week due to a bad cough/cold, so I am extra excited to get it back!

My repaired FW6 should be back in my hands sometime tomorrow according to USPS.
I had issues with both the air seal and the firmware bug.
I have been taking a T-break for the week due to a bad cough/cold, so I am extra excited to get it back!

Great news! On the vape, not your cold. I've slowed down my consumption as well. I've been congested from fall allergies.

I just got the invoice today. According to Marc's posts the known problems should be fixed.

I ordered the unfinished unit. Not sure if I'll try it before finishing it. I'm sure the tung oil will need to dry a few days.

I will elaborate when I have more time but..
got my FW6 back and I am very happy with it.
Really nice flavor, super easy to use (which is unusual for an unregulated vape for me), nice vapor.
Overall, my first impressions are :thumbsup:

edit: when I say super easy, I am referring to technique.
I think setting the temps is a little wonky - but once that is done, easy peasy.

I will elaborate when I have more time but..
got my FW6 back and I am very happy with it.
Really nice flavor, super easy to use (which is unusual for an unregulated vape for me), nice vapor.
Overall, my first impressions are :thumbsup:

edit: when I say super easy, I am referring to technique.
I think setting the temps is a little wonky - but once that is done, easy peasy.

What temperatures do you have your pre sets, set at? And what temps do you use most?

I'm both excited and apprehensive to get my FW6, lol.

I have it set at 360, 390, 420 (I asked Marc to set it for me while he was fixing).
I have been stepping up temp and it extracts pretty evenly without stirring. (I am lazy - I am sure it could be stirred for a few more hits, but not necessary at all).

I have it set at 360, 390, 420 (I asked Marc to set it for me while he was fixing).
I have been stepping up temp and it extracts pretty evenly without stirring. (I am lazy - I am sure it could be stirred for a few more hits, but not necessary at all).

Thanks!

I got mine today and Vaped 2 whole bowls so far. Me likey.

I set the pre sets to 370-380-410. At least I think I did, lol.

It took a few hits to get vapor, more staring at the instructions, more fiddling, and taking a few seconds after the heater buzz to start drawing, and slowing my draw.

But eventually I got good vapor every hit. The first 1/2 bowl or more tasted great, the last were not bad, just less terpenes.

The extraction looked good no stirring required, it looks like.

Second bowl went off without a hitch. Finished at 410 and dark abv.

Vapor density is closer to an edge than a mighty. Vapor taste is much better than either though.

After all I read, and stressed a little, it went easier than I expected. But I'm only 2, 3/4 packed full bowls in.

With the help of a well respected inmate, I've sent my Edge and Fury II to good homes.

So....

Is the jury still out on the FW6? Should I give it a few more months to get the 'bugs' worked out?

With the help of a well respected inmate, I've sent my Edge and Fury II to good homes.

So....

Is the jury still out on the FW6? Should I give it a few more months to get the 'bugs' worked out?

I guess it depends. I like my little FW6, but it's not an almost instant vape like a fury2 or edge.

For me, at my settings it takes about 3 long hits to get good vapor. Before that, you pretty much just get terpenes, similar to a linx Eden at lower temps.

It has to get warmed up to get consistent hits. I think it would benefit from a boost at the start to get it going. I've been starting at 420°F until warm, then using it at 370-380. And a hit or two at 420 to finish.

But it does extract well. If I finish at 420°F, I get dark abv. And I do feel it, but it's not fast. The vapor is not dense, but with proper technique you can still get clouds.

It looks fantastic, the craftsmanship is very nice. I bought the unfinished and it still looks great. At some point when I can put it down, I'll use tung oil on it.

So should you get one? Hell if I know, lol. If you want a quirky piece of art, yes. If you want vapor quick and without to think too deeply about it, it might not be for you.

I don't look at mine as a daily driver, although since it's new I'm abusing it, lol. But more as a fun little piece to use for the joy of using it.

And just to make a long post longer.

Thanks for your giving to our community! Us stoners are the best! May karma bless you richly!

I've had this vape a while now, and it's had some hiccups. I sent it back for a new circuit board. Got it back and it's more consistent now.

I do like it, but it's like driving an old manual shift and manual steering car, compared to some portable vapes, like modern cars. It's has a large fiddle factor, but half the fun is figuring things out for me.

You adjust temps, check batteries and basically talk to it by buzzes. I caught on quick tho, and Im completely comfortable using it.

What do I like about it?

First is the looks of it. And close second is the engineering. Retractable stem and no buttons, and on board storage are innovative.

In usage you can set 3 different pre set temperatures. I use 370°F 390° and 400°F. It takes me a few hits to get vapor going. Once it warms up it hits pretty good.

But there is more temperature control by how you hit it. Long slow draws are rewarded. Fast hard rips are not.

There is an overdraw senser to tell you when to slow down. Again with the buzzes, lol.

Sometimes I just want a relaxing solo session. For this it's great.

As the hits fade, you can scrape in a little herb from the enclosed herb storage and juice up that burnt taste to extend a session. It works very well.

What's not to like?

Towards the end of the bowl the heat builds and the hits get hotter.

It takes 2 or 3 times as long to kill a bowl than vapes like a mighty or edge.

5-6 bowls per battery (18650) and no on board charging.

It's not a pass around vape IMHO.

His statement in that regard...honestly...raised a red flag!
Troy nearly always vapes everything on max temp, so do I except for my WoodScents

No one vapes like him. Do you see how long he hits it? Then goes right into dabs after the mighty.
I like Trots reviews because I vape pretty well the same as he does, if you have good lung capacity you may as well use it!
A hopper works better
Haha not for long, HL says you have to ditch your new batteries before you burn your house down like their workshop!

This filling tube looks as cumbersome to use as the BCG in Troys video, more of a gimmick than anything as @felvapes points out, it would get very sticky very quickly.

Troy nearly always vapes everything on max temp, so do I except for my WoodScents

I like Trots reviews because I vape pretty well the same as he does, if you have good lung capacity you may as well use it!

Haha not for long, HL says you have to ditch your new batteries before you burn your house down like their workshop!

This filling tube looks as cumbersome to use as the BCG in Troys video, more of a gimmick than anything as @felvapes points out, it would get very sticky very quickly.
My old batteries are still kicking for now
I'm keen on the AC attachment you spoke of earlier too

I started using a basket screen for my FW6 and I like it better than the stock screen.

I'm using a homemade basket screen I made for an underdog glass stem.

I tried a basket screen with a metal lip too. It worked maybe even better, but because of the lip, it doesn't shut off due to the close tolerances. The homemade screen fits entirely in the bowl.

With the basket screen I'm getting vapor faster, as in the first hit. The hits are cooler, and there's less restriction. It might just be the course screen IDK, but I'm liking it better.

Sooo....any early adopters on the new FW7?

1597784957657.png

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back