Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow First Grow

In the future, you should replace these lamps with something more efficient and of high quality. It is best to use special soil, because if you use ordinary soil from the garden, it will not be so fertile. Also keep an eye on the temperature in the room (Basement, in your case). If you succeed, then I advise you to update your equipment soon. For example, use more quality lamps or even use different grow tent kits . I hope you succeed, good luck!

you surely can imagine/comprehend my excitement as a first grower..:smug:
1648778724618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I am considering buying one of this:

Amazon product

I would like to alternate sunlight on the balcony and artificial light indoor.
This is my first grow, therefore I do not intend to buy a professional equipment with tent etc. I just want to try to provide my autoflowering ladies with as much light as possible.
What do you think, would be such a plant light ok? Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

What do you think, would be such a plant light ok? Any suggestions?
I cannot see what light you are talking about, I will just say I do not know much about seedlings or growing in the dirt outside. I do know a little about indoor growing and will say LED lights are great for the growing stage of a plant but I found CMH to be superior in most cases for the budding stage, a 315w unit can be dimmed and used for 1 to 9 plants from start to finish as it covers all the colour spectrum needed for all stages of the plant's life. :cheers:

Is the amazon link that I posted not visible? I still can see it.
It's a

Garpsen Plant Light, Upgraded Full Spectrum Led Grow Lights, 80 LEDs 660nm/3000K/5000K Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, 10 Dimming Level & 4 Heads Grow Lamp with Timer for Seedlings and Greenhouse​

Well, as I said, this is my first grow that is why I am just looking for a simple lamp to use indoor in order provide my plants with more light. During the day, they get sunlight on the balcony.
The question is, are 80LED ok or do you suggest more/ less LED?

Well the sun is surely a great thing bu I was wondering if I should provide the plants with some more help for they get direct sunlight for about 7 (maybe 8) hours, provided that it is a sunny day. This could not be sufficient, could id?
That is why I am considering buying a lamp. The question is of how many watts does the lamp need to be at least in order to be efficient

Ok, I just made up my mind and bought this one:

Amazon product

I know, I know, nothing professional but better than nothing. I think that my 3 plants will like it

plus this fertilizer:

Amazon product

Here in Japan, you can't find as much as in Europe but I think that this fertilizer is not bad. I will still need to find out how to use it properly without overdoing it.

Last edited:
I keep my mother plants under 25W of LED lights like the 1st ones you linked (in a plastic storage box).
It's ok for early vegetative growth, clones and bonsai mums but you want more power for the flower phase.

Flora gro is 1 part of a 3 part feed
So you will also need the Micro and Bloom ...... and an EC meter and a Ph meter
There are many GH 3 part feed ratios online that people have formulated.
The Grow:Micro:Bloom 3:2:1 for veg 1:1:1 for transition and 1:2:3 for flower is a good place to start

Weak Tomato feed will suffice if you're struggling to find feed or just wanting to top off the compost.

I like the Advanced Nutrients Sensi nutrients (@1.2 EC in my recirculating bubbler system) as you don't need a Ph meter.
And also throw in some zyme, mycorrhazae, root stim, silicon, big bud, overdrive and bud candy at times thro the grow.
Altho you don't NEED all those additives

There are many lamps out there, aren't they?
I think I have eventually made up my mind and I will buy either the the MARS HYDRO TS 1000W or the Spider Farmer SF1000.
On Amazon here in Japan, the Mars Hydro is available but not the Spider. The spider would be sent from the USA.
The Spider costs less than the Mars:

the Mars here in Japan costs that much:

Amazon product

The alternative that I found:

Amazon.co.jp: 【最新 業界初 】Aokyoung 植物育成ライト LED光合成ライト 1000W SAMSUNG LM301Bライトチップ フルスペクトル 光補足 MeanWellドライバー デイジーチェーン機能 調光可能 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR 超薄型 観葉植物 室内栽培照明用 植物成長促進 農業・園芸用 淡水水槽アクアリウムライト水草育成照明 温度湿度計付き(日本標準プラグ ) : DIY・工具・ガーデン

Amazon.co.jp: 【最新 業界初 】Aokyoung 植物育成ライト LED光合成ライト 1000W SAMSUNG LM301Bライトチップ フルスペクトル 光補足 MeanWellドライバー デイジーチェーン機能 調光可能 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR 超薄型 観葉植物 室内栽培照明用 植物成長促進 農業・園芸用 淡水水槽アクアリウムライト水草育成照明 温度湿度計付き(日本標準プラグ ) : DIY・工具・ガーデン
www.amazon.co.jp

is cheaper but I don't know...I think I have a feeling I shouldn't trust this brand, should I ?:eyebrow:

So, I am still thinking about which one to buy: Spider Farm or Mars Hydro :thinker:

Even if I asked you guys for your opinion, you might also think that both would be ok but please give me your opinions nevertheless, if you can.

By the way, this guy made an interesting report:

Last edited:
The Spider is 100W and the Mars is 1000W

You need to match the size of the light to the size of the grow space
Roughly speaking I'd advise
250W – 75cm x 75cm
500W – 100cm x 100cm
700W – 120cm x 120cm
1000W – 150cm x 150cm

Or go old fashioned and buy a dimmable 600W HPS for every 1.2m sq as they're about a 10th of the price
(altho the light isn't as good and they're less efficient so it'll cost more to run)

Or do what the professionals do and use CMH, a single 315w sounds perfect for 3 plants (also dimmable)
If you must have LED mars has a pretty good rep for build quality.
I only use LED for mumma...9x13w BC globes in my case.
Google,
LED bulbs last 50,000 hours compared to 20,000 for CMH. If you are planning for obsolescence and want the greatest yield ROI within 1-2-year time frame, choose CMH. And even if you keep your grow space past 5 years, don't worry, CMH's provide a greater gram per watt due to their higher PPF and canopy penetration.

Cannot beat the penetration for a fuller plant. :twocents:

I bought the Mars...it comes tomorrow
I do not have a tend and I do not intend to buy one now.
I am thinking about how to fix the lamp. ..:thinker:
As for reflecting material, I will buy survival sheets or the like.

View attachment 35067
You should be able to find a local seller
Thank you very much but I think/hope that they should be included in the package with the lamp already...(It will be delivered today)
I was speaking about to what I could then fix the lamp.
I'll come up with something and I'll put something together.

1649320084247.png

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back