Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow First Grow

Hi there, I was wondering to ask you what you would/could do to sort of "improvise" a ventilation system making sure to expel the hot air of the tent having only the following at your disposal:

three fans

So far I have opened both side-windows of the tent and put a fan on one side. I can feel the air coming out from the other side.
The drawback is that non both windows are open and light comes out. ( In addition, they will have their dark period disturbed)

I am still thinking how to position the other two small clip-fans into the tent.

1655043538358.jpg
1655043538348.jpg

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all doing well.

I have been absent for a while. I even prolonged my stay in Europe by a week. I am still feeling the effect of jatlag. I arrived back to Tokyo two days ago.
As you all know, I intended to give it a try with the two plants relying on a self-designed concept which was the following:

I did not use the bathtub but I bought two plastic buckets, one filled up with water + nutrients and the other one filled up with water only (adjusted ph) for the flushing procedure. I bought two wifi-pumps and used them for the two plastic buckets.

I moved the tent into the room in which there is the air conditioning.

I bought two cameras: one placed outside the tent:

I could check so the temperature in the room, see if the LED-lamps of the two wifi-pumps are properly switched on, check if the air conditioning was in function etc..​
the other one placed inside the tent:

I could check so the temperature inside the tent, I could see the transparent pipes put into the plants and see how the water inside dropped back when the pump was switched off...You know, just to be on the safe side.
By the way, I removed the coasters of the plants and put both plants into a big transparent plastic bucket instead which could - just in case - catch the runoff water and at the same time keep the water at the disposal of both plants. With the webcam into the tent I could also check the plants and see if the lights are properly switched on/off.
An impressive system! In fact, when I was in Europe -- faaaaar away from Japan - I often found myself being amazed by the system...you know, I could do and see how I perform via internet many things in the apartment far back in Tokyo.
I could switch on/off lights, air conditioning, fans, water pumps..etc.. I was kind of fun :smug:
All in all really a well thought system with the aid of which I guess I could have achieved a better result if I had been a bit more consistent always sticking to the plan correctly but in fact I made mistakes often:​
The light circle was often disturbed​
I did not regularly pay attention to the temperature inside the tent and switch on the air conditioning when necessary.​
I often found the temperature into the tent as high as 40 degrees.​
Besides, I did not water the plants properly. Sometimes I forgot them the entire day. Poor plants, they surely had days on which they had no enough water - here it is worth mentioning that I could generally have run the pumps longer than I did, thus providing the plants with more/enough water. I was afraid of runoff... a mistake of me!! - and a very high temperature into the tent. (I still do not have a proper ventilation system into the tent---see old postings).​
Besides, it was planned to be back to Tokyo on the 19th of July but I arrived on the 26th instead which means that it might have been too long for the flowering stage.​
Admittedly, I was a bit sloppy with it. I am sure that I could have reached better results, I if had taken more care of it.​
Anyway, I am more than glad to have given it a try and to have come up with such a good system on which I can definitely rely when I am away from home. I also thought like Hippie, that it could work well and I did it​

It's not ideal but it's definitely possible ;)

Yes - a bath should work well as a tank or reservoir
.............[...]...

Looking at the calendar I'd say you'll be back in time to give them a flush for a days at least.
Most of the growers I know take photoperiods a week or 2 beyond what it says on the pack.

Even the more pessimistic view/opinion of Kellya86 reinforced my desire to give it a try.
Gotta be honest.. if @sballo ends up with useable product.. i will be amazed, and deeply impressed..
Im rooting for your ladies..

And yes, as I said already, I think that the plants have suffered due to my negligence but nevertheless I think that I have harvest some useable product eventually.

How did you get on?

I guess it could have gone even better, if only I had been more attentive and caring.
1659079505049.jpg
1659079505057.jpg
1659079505063.jpg
1659079505068.jpg
1659166059116.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-29-16-45-48-913_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all doing well.

I have been absent for a while. I even prolonged my stay in Europe by a week. I am still feeling the effect of jatlag. I arrived back to Tokyo two days ago.
As you all know, I intended to give it a try with the two plants relying on a self-designed concept which was the following:

I did not use the bathtub but I bought two plastic buckets, one filled up with water + nutrients and the other one filled up with water only (adjusted ph) for the flushing procedure. I bought two wifi-pumps and used them for the two plastic buckets.

I moved the tent into the room in which there is the air conditioning.

I bought two cameras: one placed outside the tent:

I could check so the temperature in the room, see if the LED-lamps of the two wifi-pumps are properly switched on, check if the air conditioning was in function etc..​
the other one placed inside the tent:

I could check so the temperature inside the tent, I could see the transparent pipes put into the plants and see how the water inside dropped back when the pump was switched off...You know, just to be on the safe side.
By the way, I removed the coasters of the plants and put both plants into a big transparent plastic bucket instead which could - just in case - catch the runoff water and at the same time keep the water at the disposal of both plants. With the webcam into the tent I could also check the plants and see if the lights are properly switched on/off.
An impressive system! In fact, when I was in Europe -- faaaaar away from Japan - I often found myself being amazed by the system...you know, I could do and see how I perform via internet many things in the apartment far back in Tokyo.
I could switch on/off lights, air conditioning, fans, water pumps..etc.. I was kind of fun :smug:
All in all really a well thought system with the aid of which I guess I could have achieved a better result if I had been a bit more consistent always sticking to the plan correctly but in fact I made mistakes often:​
The light circle was often disturbed​
I did not regularly pay attention to the temperature inside the tent and switch on the air conditioning when necessary.​
I often found the temperature into the tent as high as 40 degrees.​
Besides, I did not water the plants properly. Sometimes I forgot them the entire day. Poor plants, they surely had days on which they had no enough water - here it is worth mentioning that I could generally have run the pumps longer than I did, thus providing the plants with more/enough water. I was afraid of runoff... a mistake of me!! - and a very high temperature into the tent. (I still do not have a proper ventilation system into the tent---see old postings).​
Besides, it was planned to be back to Tokyo on the 19th of July but I arrived on the 26th instead which means that it might have been too long for the flowering stage.​
Admittedly, I was a bit sloppy with it. I am sure that I could have reached better results, I if had taken more care of it.​
Anyway, I am more than glad to have given it a try and to have come up with such a good system on which I can definitely rely when I am away from home. I also thought like Hippie, that it could work well and I did it​

Even the more pessimistic view/opinion of Kellya86 reinforced my desire to give it a try.

And yes, as I said already, I think that the plants have suffered due to my negligence but nevertheless I think that I have harvest some useable product eventually.

I guess it could have gone even better, if only I had been more attentive and caring.View attachment 38684View attachment 38685View attachment 38686View attachment 38687View attachment 38688View attachment 38690

You know what.. iv seen worse from people who have been there the whole time..

Fair play.. i bet it gets you high.. if not just extract it..

You know what.. iv seen worse from people who have been there the whole time..

Fair play.. i bet it gets you high.. if not just extract it..

The drying process after the harvest was very fast this time - due to their state - . I am curing them now. I will wait a around a week and then test it.
These is what I got eventually:

1659511615538.jpg

let'see....
As for the third plant, the one that was particularly fast and I harvested before flying to Europe, is really good. It tastes and smells good and it gets you really high!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back