Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Flashvape Rosin Press

View attachment 548 View attachment 549

Plus this, which i discovered going through the debris - parchment snapped. Brought slickwrap but didnt use it.

Ps - fi gers v sticky. Send batteries. Gracias.

Pps - found weenie resin collector tool. Stuck to floor in another blob of resin... it almost went on the scale...
Holy shit bro haven't you been busy while I've been relatively absent here! Glad to see that you're squishing up some rosin now!

It sounds like your yields have not been bad at all, and your experience with the press has been good. What is the total pressure that your press can put out again? You might find that the creaking is happening when you exceed 75-85% of the maximum pressure as I know that it is best for the lifespan of a press not to use it beyond these percentages of the total rated pressure capacity. I am gonna watch that 1 oz squish video now lol!

Yeah, creaking started right around the 8500 psi mark (10 long ton press, and everyone knows that a long ton=a metric ton, which is also a scale used in the shipbuilding industry. Trivia Tuesday comes early.)

Yield was decent! I need a whiteboard to keep track of things. There is a lot of resin trapped in the bag material, but I'm not sure it'll survive a dunk in EC. The pucks came out nice and crumbly tho. Will see how they clean up. Need to move the press, or make a smaller workbench for indoor use. Prolly best outdoors... It's definitely going somewhere...

There is no quibbling about the output tho. 11g in, 2.3 out, not including the blobs stuck to the floor, or the one that slingshot (slungshot? Slingshotted?) from the silicone container I was trying to clean a blob from a dab tool with...

So FlashVape send me an evaluation vape to try. And sent instructions on how to use it with resin. Firstly it's a pretty decent vape on it's own. It's portable, but tippy, so I'd call it an around the house portable, as opposed to a pocketable cycling portable, say. It's solid aluminum, outside of the glass viewport on the top where you can watch vapour form. - VapeTV is a great show! 3-5 second preheat - it's kinda like a Milaana or other on/off styles. It's both convection or conduction depending on how it's set up. It's nice for flower. But Team FV sent me instructions on how ti use it for resin, which are more difficult than they sound: "just smear a blob directly on the heater screen". It doesn't stick like that for me, so instead i drop a flat piece on top and let 'er rip. And rip she does. I kinda think of it as a portable dab station... The base looks like a baseball bat, the top like a microphone, and it's mostly nice solid metal. Smoky karaoke, cause vapy karaoke doesn't sound natural...

So the flattened 2g blob on the desk is very nice to look at, with a shimmery depth deeper than it's 1/32nd"ish outside...

Anyhoo, back to karaoke!

Peace all!

Just my two cents, for balance.

Great for Canada, absolutely about time.

I get .1g rosin to 1g starting material already using a wet2straight hair straightener, lowest setting, 20 second press.

That's first press only, with no pre-press.

I will be getting a press here eventually, $300 or less, so I don't kill myself with a curling iron. But I went to the link for the one being discussed, showed $800. I don't know if that's Canadian, etc. Still.

I am seeing more work, for same return, plus giving someone a nice chunk of money, and spending time on assembly, etc.

Won't be on my list.

Like I said, just trying to bring a simple member's alternative-ish opinion, and have nothing against folks who are digging on it.

:thumbsup:

Peace!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back