Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I could find references to several types of product like pre-filled oil pens, low THC capsules, mention of edibles and gel caps. I even found references to snail-mail deliveries. No flowers though. :BangHead:

Florida is primarily a republican, bible thumping state. BUT 70% of the population voted for legalizing medicinal cannabis. Did I miss the flowers being made available as a product?

While I'm not an eternal optimist I still feel that for Florida this is a definite step forward even if it is flower-less.

Now...if we can get the elected officials to set aside their personal, business and in some cases party related backward thinking .... Florida as a republican stronghold could blaze a serious trail for other republican majority states.

Never ceases to amaze me how a large majority can vote yes for something and still see the politicians they voted in deny them the full measure they voted for and the politician remains in office. In retrospect I guess it's not more surprising than who was voted in to begin with.

When the benefits of cannabis overcome it's past undeserved stigma via formal documented studies the availability will go up and the cost will go down. I hope my great grandchildren will be alive to see it. Somewhere in between I expect it will be common for the family doctor/GP to prescribe it and this BS where you have a doctor that can charge a high flat fee instead of an insurance covered copay will end. From what I could tell, a doctor has to take a course of some sort to be able to legally qualify a cannabis patient and I didn't notice a restriction on how many doctors there can be.

The large legacy pharmaceutical companies lobby against cannabis but there is another pretty strong lobby in the health insurance industry that will eventually note that medicinal and maybe even recreational cannabis use is reducing their cost in a myriad of ways.

EDIT: The office of Compassionate Use has some excellent reference material:
http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/office-of-compassionate-use/

- Doctors who have completed the training:
http://www.floridahealth.gov/progra...ompassionate-use/_documents/completed-cme.pdf

Last edited:
Hewre is the text of the constitutional amendment. As far as I can see, the regulatory structure being put in place that limits "marijuana" to oils only is a violation of this constitutional amendment.

I suggest that somebody down there (like FL NORML) sue the fuck out of these bastards. Also, please feel free to vote express you view to your resisting state goverment.

http://www.unitedforcare.org/ballot_language

Last edited:
Surprised nobody has mentioned the options are low dose THC products unless you are a patient with a terminal condition:

QUESTION: What is the difference between low-THC cannabis and medical cannabis?

ANSWER: Low-THC cannabis means a plant of the genus Cannabis, the dried flowers of which contain 0.8 percent or less of tetrahydrocannabinol and more than 10 percent of cannabidiol weight for weight; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; or any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant or its seeds or resin that is dispensed only from a dispensing organization. Low-THC cannabis contains very low amounts of the psychoactive compound THC, and typically does not result in the “high” often associated with medical cannabis.

Medical cannabis means all parts of any plant of the genus Cannabis, whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, sale, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin that is dispensed only from a dispensing organization for medical use by an eligible patient as defined in s. 499.0295. Medical cannabis contains significant levels of the cannabinoid THC, and can result in the euphoric “high” sensation.

QUESTION: What qualifies as a terminal condition?

ANSWER: A qualified physician may order medical cannabis for a patient with a terminal condition that is attested to by the patient’s physician and confirmed by a second independent evaluation by a board-certified physician in an appropriate specialty for that condition. Patient is defined in section 499.0295, Florida Statutes.

Florida law defines a terminal condition as a “progressive disease or medical or surgical condition that causes significant functional impairment, is not considered by a treating physician to be reversible even with the administration of available treatment options currently approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, and, without the administration of life-sustaining procedures, will result in death within one year after diagnosis if the condition runs its normal course.”

Surprised nobody has mentioned the options are low dose THC products unless you are a patient with a terminal condition:

QUESTION: What is the difference between low-THC cannabis and medical cannabis?

ANSWER: Low-THC cannabis means a plant of the genus Cannabis, the dried flowers of which contain 0.8 percent or less of tetrahydrocannabinol and more than 10 percent of cannabidiol weight for weight; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; or any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant or its seeds or resin that is dispensed only from a dispensing organization. Low-THC cannabis contains very low amounts of the psychoactive compound THC, and typically does not result in the “high” often associated with medical cannabis.

Medical cannabis means all parts of any plant of the genus Cannabis, whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, sale, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin that is dispensed only from a dispensing organization for medical use by an eligible patient as defined in s. 499.0295. Medical cannabis contains significant levels of the cannabinoid THC, and can result in the euphoric “high” sensation.

QUESTION: What qualifies as a terminal condition?

ANSWER: A qualified physician may order medical cannabis for a patient with a terminal condition that is attested to by the patient’s physician and confirmed by a second independent evaluation by a board-certified physician in an appropriate specialty for that condition. Patient is defined in section 499.0295, Florida Statutes.

Florida law defines a terminal condition as a “progressive disease or medical or surgical condition that causes significant functional impairment, is not considered by a treating physician to be reversible even with the administration of available treatment options currently approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, and, without the administration of life-sustaining procedures, will result in death within one year after diagnosis if the condition runs its normal course.”

I found that out. Pretty much worthless medicine. I think I'll skip being a MMJ patient and stick to the black market. Pretty sad I have to do that too.

I found that out. Pretty much worthless medicine. I think I'll skip being a MMJ patient and stick to the black market. Pretty sad I have to do that too.

I guess you could get qualified for Low THC, carry the card but spike the E-cig with oil you make yourself. If someone in law enforcement gets curious you show them the card. It's barely a step up from making your own oil and claiming it's nicotine or strawberry flavor in a standard e-cig.

Florida’s House Moves Forward with Increasingly Restrictive MMJ Bill
Floridians have not had it easy in their effort to get what 71 percent of them voted for last November—medical marijuana.

Patients and advocates are frustrated as they struggle with prohibitionists who continue in their attempts to gut the most important elements of a hard fought battle for legal medical weed.

A House panel voted this week 14-to-1 for an MMJ proposal that is being viewed by supporters of legal medical weed as far too restrictive.

“This bill gets the policy wrong,” said Ben Pollara, executive director of Florida for Care.

Introduced by Republican majority leader Ray Rodrigues, the proposal starts off by requiring that non-terminal patients must have a doctor at least 90 days before they can get a cannabis recommendation.

Three months? Good luck if you’re sick and need it.

It also prohibits smoking of any and all cannabis products, including consuming edibles and would ban all but terminally ill patients from vaping, which is one of the biggest objections raised by MMJ supporters.

Although Rodrigues implied that the 90-day requirement was up for discussion, smoking will not likely be allowed. How could that be?

Vaping was also up for discussion but only with a commitment that physicians are involved in deciding how patients can or should consume their medical marijuana.

Pollara says numerous provisions of the House bill violate “both the spirit and letter of the Florida Constitution and the will of 71 percent of the voters.”

“This proposal undermines and contradicts the Constitution, the will of 71 percent of Floridians and would impose significant, arbitrary barriers to patient access,” Pollara said, according to the Orlando Weekly.

Naturally, Florida’s minority prohibitionists are throwing their support behind the Rodrigues bill.

Pollara pointed out that Rodriques’s bill “was written for the less than 29 percent who voted ‘no’ rather than the over 71 percent who voted ‘yes'” on legalization.

Another point of contention in the House proposal would require health officials to grant medical marijuana licenses to applicants, which is dragging on at a snail’s pace in any case.

The proposal would require the Department of Health to grant another five licenses once the patient population reaches 200,000, and another three licenses for every additional 100,000 patients registered in a state database.

At this point, 150,000 patients have registered and new applicants will only be allowed once there are 200,000 patients.

To you Floridians: vote early, vote often, and vote these assholes out of office. Also, get in touch with FL NORML and other orgs and see if they are preparing to sue the shit out of this legislation as being in violation of your state constitution as amended this past Nov. I mean it, I encouage you to go after these people. If not in the name of MMJ, then at least in the name of democracy.

Florida’s House Moves Forward with Increasingly Restrictive MMJ Bill
Floridians have not had it easy in their effort to get what 71 percent of them voted for last November—medical marijuana.

Patients and advocates are frustrated as they struggle with prohibitionists who continue in their attempts to gut the most important elements of a hard fought battle for legal medical weed.

A House panel voted this week 14-to-1 for an MMJ proposal that is being viewed by supporters of legal medical weed as far too restrictive.

“This bill gets the policy wrong,” said Ben Pollara, executive director of Florida for Care.

Introduced by Republican majority leader Ray Rodrigues, the proposal starts off by requiring that non-terminal patients must have a doctor at least 90 days before they can get a cannabis recommendation.

Three months? Good luck if you’re sick and need it.

It also prohibits smoking of any and all cannabis products, including consuming edibles and would ban all but terminally ill patients from vaping, which is one of the biggest objections raised by MMJ supporters.

Although Rodrigues implied that the 90-day requirement was up for discussion, smoking will not likely be allowed. How could that be?

Vaping was also up for discussion but only with a commitment that physicians are involved in deciding how patients can or should consume their medical marijuana.

Pollara says numerous provisions of the House bill violate “both the spirit and letter of the Florida Constitution and the will of 71 percent of the voters.”

“This proposal undermines and contradicts the Constitution, the will of 71 percent of Floridians and would impose significant, arbitrary barriers to patient access,” Pollara said, according to the Orlando Weekly.

Naturally, Florida’s minority prohibitionists are throwing their support behind the Rodrigues bill.

Pollara pointed out that Rodriques’s bill “was written for the less than 29 percent who voted ‘no’ rather than the over 71 percent who voted ‘yes'” on legalization.

Another point of contention in the House proposal would require health officials to grant medical marijuana licenses to applicants, which is dragging on at a snail’s pace in any case.

The proposal would require the Department of Health to grant another five licenses once the patient population reaches 200,000, and another three licenses for every additional 100,000 patients registered in a state database.

At this point, 150,000 patients have registered and new applicants will only be allowed once there are 200,000 patients.

To you Floridians: vote early, vote often, and vote these assholes out of office. Also, get in touch with FL NORML and other orgs and see if they are preparing to sue the shit out of this legislation as being in violation of your state constitution as amended this past Nov. I mean it, I encouage you to go after these people. If not in the name of MMJ, then at least in the name of democracy.

Medical marijuana is a joke in Florida right now. 71% of Florida citizens voted for REAL medical marijuana, as stated in Amendment 2. Not this bullshit. NORML knows what's happening, but they aren't going ahead with any lawsuits. I guess we are just screwed, at least legally.

I guess you could get qualified for Low THC, carry the card but spike the E-cig with oil you make yourself. If someone in law enforcement gets curious you show them the card. It's barely a step up from making your own oil and claiming it's nicotine or strawberry flavor in a standard e-cig.

Would rather not have my name on a list right now considering there aren't even any dispensaries within two hours of me that are even open. I'll wait for real medical cannabis, not this bullshit they have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida Pot Monopoly Compared to a ‘Cartel’
Medical marijuana in the state of Florida is a real-life game of Monopoly, but one where a few players already have all the properties in hand before the first die is thrown.

While other states where cannabis is legal allow for competition among those who produce and sell medical marijuana—a lucrative position to be in, we’re told time and again—Florida allows a mere seven companies to hold the exclusive rights to produce and sell all the cannabis in the state. That’s a corner of the market that will serve a population of 21 million people (many of them senior citizens, one of the very market segments the cannabis industry is expecting to expand dramatically)—and they’re in this position, holding all the railroads as well as all the key properties from Baltic to Boardwalk, thanks to state government.

The Miami New Times is bringing attention to this “de-facto monopoly”—which is also attracting international attention from ambitious would-be international cannabis conglomerates.

Two Florida medical marijuana license-holders have been recently bought out by out-of-state investors: Chestnut Hill Tree Farm, purchased for $25 million by Aphria, one of the Health Canada-licensed medical marijuana firms; and Miami-based Costa Nursery Farms (the only licensed cannabis grower in Florida’s biggest city), bought out by Palliatech, which is based in Massachusetts.

They may not have been in this position were they in Colorado, where more than 500 licensees grow medical cannabis, or in California, where there is no official statewide cap on the number of medical cannabis cultivation and sales permits.

Thus far, however, there has been no move by the Florida legislature—which is tasked with shaping the state’s medical marijuana industry following the overwhelming approval of allowing sick people to access cannabis at the November ballot—to allow more companies to enter the sector.

This is a dream come true for the few individuals already holding permits—granted under a CBD-only law that was in place prior to the popular vote—who are now “shopping ownership” of their licenses to “high-net worth” individuals, as the Miami Herald reported. Some companies are seeking equity stakes north of $10 million, with valuations of their companies in the hundreds of millions, according to the New Times.

This unfortunate (if you’re a consumer) situation hasn’t gone unnoticed by medical marijuana advocates, some of whom are comparing the government-created landscape to a “cartel.” While no massive price gouges have come to pass yet, it’s capitalism 101—corner the market, raise prices and watch yourself become stupendously rich.

“Which begs the question,” Ben Pollara, the campaign manager for United for Care, the organization behind Florida’s successful medical marijuana ballot measure, told the newspaper, “which licensee is El Chapo looking at buying?”

It also begs the question, “What are Florida’s elected officials thinking?” As Pollara told the New Times, they appear to be thinking that it’s all cool and very good.

At a recent Senate committee meeting, one senator cited the massive out-of-state investments as justification for the near-monopoly. If more licenses were added and competition suddenly appeared, those investors’ holdings would suddenly become less valuable, he said. (And who are these investors? As the New Times’s Tim Elfrink points out, one of them is Boris Jordan, a Russian emigre who is a chief defender of Vladimir Putin—always a great look in 2017 America.)

Meanwhile, the legislative priorities in Florida are laughable.

One bill pushed in the legislature would outlaw smokeable and edible cannabis. Suggestions to add more licenses have been squelched.

“I’ve never seen anything like the absolute greed going on here,” an anonymous medical marijuana industry insider told the New Times. “I’ve never seen anything as bald-faced.”

Sure, you have. You just have to go a ways back to see it.

"Momma don't let your babies grow up to be politicians, Don't let 'em pick bribes or drive them old PACs" Wow, and I thought Maryland has some lousy state government. Well, Floridians, you know what to do. Vote early, vote often, and vote them out of office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orlando City Council moves forward with medical marijuana dispensary plan

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/orla...h-medical-marijuana-dispensary-plan/513828022

Orlando council members moved forward with a plan Tuesday to allow up to seven medical marijuana dispensaries inside city limits.
Medical pot was approved statewide during last year's election, but many cities are still working on the rules for how business will operate.
The municipal planning board approved recommendations to keep medical marijuana dispensaries at least 1,000 feet away from parks, schools, places of worship and childcare centers.

The council plan would allow up to seven dispensaries in the city, but they would also be prohibited from setting up within 200 feet of a neighborhood.
The city recommended that the three dispensaries previously approved be grandfathered and given a permit to expand to full scale medical marijuana sales.

However, before they open, the city wants the Orlando Police Department to approve the security plan for each location.

Orlando City Council moves forward with medical marijuana dispensary plan

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/orla...h-medical-marijuana-dispensary-plan/513828022

Orlando council members moved forward with a plan Tuesday to allow up to seven medical marijuana dispensaries inside city limits.
Medical pot was approved statewide during last year's election, but many cities are still working on the rules for how business will operate.
The municipal planning board approved recommendations to keep medical marijuana dispensaries at least 1,000 feet away from parks, schools, places of worship and childcare centers.

The council plan would allow up to seven dispensaries in the city, but they would also be prohibited from setting up within 200 feet of a neighborhood.
The city recommended that the three dispensaries previously approved be grandfathered and given a permit to expand to full scale medical marijuana sales.

However, before they open, the city wants the Orlando Police Department to approve the security plan for each location.

Well, that's fine and dandy, but I've called the dispensaries. Only thing available now is LOW THC everything vapable cartridges is hat are useless. No edibles, no flowers. Knox Medical only has CBD capsules, and tincture at 100.00 a pop! MMJ is a joke in Florida!!

Well, that's fine and dandy, but I've called the dispensaries. Only thing available now is LOW THC everything vapable cartridges is hat are useless. No edibles, no flowers. Knox Medical only has CBD capsules, and tincture at 100.00 a pop! MMJ is a joke in Florida!!
I say it again, Vicki - Vote early, vote often, and vote these assholes out of office.

The people of FL expressed their will by direct democratic vote, a will being stymied by arrogant professional politicians who think they know what's good for you and demand to make these decisions on your behalf. Fuck that patronizing and paternalistic BS. Send them packing, NOW.

@Baron23 . I use the default xenforo background and yellow text is hard to read against the white background. I have to highlight the text like @momofthegoons recommended.

One thing that has come to my attention is that if you use yellow (or any of the real light colors) for your font, it is not easily visible using the default xenforo background. Conversely, using dark colors on the dark background creates the same situation.

There is a solution to both situations; simply highlight the text and it is readable.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back