Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Focus Carta V2

BD9

Leaf Dawg
@arb, or anyone else, this might help with cooling those cough maker hits.

https://focusvproducts.com/product/carta-vape-rig/

$249.00

https://www.puffitup.com/carta-p/focv.crta.htm

Weighing in at 12 ounces and 7 inches tall, the Carta quickly vaporizes your solids/liquids using the included titanium and quartz buckets. Water filtration cools down your vapor for a smoother experience.

Key Features:
  • Quick heating. Our testing shows the Carta reaches the highest temp in 13 seconds
  • 4 preset temperatures ranging between 500 and 842 Fahrenheit
  • Borosilicate glass water filtration
  • Dual replaceable 18350, 3.7v 1200mAh batteries
  • Approx. 10-15 cycles per charge
  • Bluetooth capable
  • USB-C charging
  • Quartz and Titanium buckets, both included
  • Haptic feedback (that means it vibrates)
Temperature Settings
  • Level 1 = 500f / 260c
  • Level 2 = 630f / 332c
  • Level 3 = 770f / 410c
  • Level 4 = 842F / 450c

So there is a new Magna Carta due in stock shortly that has the teething problems fixed and will have a SiC dish, I don't know if this is standard or an option at this stage, sounds good to me!

I just had a vision of a Quokka having a dab on an Oura Vape.
1564740257285.png

Another 'review', be warned, skip his loud obnoxious intro, he can be an annoying prick but can rip, monster lungs so you know he drives the crap out of stuff, heaps more than us normal people,

Another 'review', be warned, skip his loud obnoxious intro, he can be an annoying prick but can rip, monster lungs so you know he drives the crap out of stuff, heaps more than us normal people,

I've watched his stuff
Yea can be annoying but goes hard so you get an idea on things
The price and videos are making this look pretty good

Now that I've had my saionara for a while and got used to it, I think having that type of control in these portable nails would be a big help.

I think most people understand temperature control, everyone wants to be able to control it themselves, over set temps, but being able to set the wattage is big as well.

In the sai, using my mod it's a trade off between high wattage, fast heat ups and splatter or lower wattage, longer heat ups and less splatter. Being able to adjust that to find a sweet spot is really cool for this vape nerd, lol.

Not much inside a vape is there, I really like these teardowns Puffitup do, great seller and help to the vape community!

So I've been playing with the Carta

Its a nice little unit

Hits quite hard, I've been getting quite buzzed testing my two new toys

It has a removable and replaceable atomiser/airpath

3 year warranty it says in pamphlet

It has two Ti buckets and two quartz

The Ti on first draw/hit tastes really good
Surprisingly similar to a halo sic
The next few draws do not taste as good but it does hit hard

The quartz dishes taste good as quartz tends to
Again first hit very nice flavour
Next lot of hits not as much

I only use on the first setting and second
Which is meant to be 500 and 630

I haven't messed with the app yet but may do so and set one at around 550 I think this will be optimal
At 500 it is tasty and produces clouds, but not as thick as the second setting
At 630 it produces a still tasty first hit but much thicker clouds and big hits
As I said I think 550 might be the sweet spot

The bottom gets gunked up after a dab
It's a bit difficult to clean

Iso qtips don't get it all up and I prefer to take it out to swab properly
I don't like pushing too hard while it's in the unit as it is sitting on the ceramic heater
Which is on flexible wires and appears easy to break
I think this may be why I read of broken atomisers

So I pull it out swab as much as can and then put it back on and run on full heat which tends to burn the remaining charred shit off

Just uses some battery if have to do a few burn offs

The Ti is much easier to clean/keep clean

The quartz is wasteful and messier
It tends to climb the walls or even over the side in the quartz which wastes some of the dab and makes cleaning more of a bitch

So I'm now leaning towards using the Ti most
Two in rotation so can dab, pull it out and clean while a clean one goes in, dab that and when put the other back do the burn off and it's ready for next dab

Battery life is impressive considering what the unit is capable of

I have bought two different bubble caps off the gate made for the peak
I've read these can make a difference to the performance and help stop climbing as the native one is not so good apparently

I also ordered a sic bucket from the gate which I've read makes a huge difference to performance and making sure you get more of your dab

I have been looking at batteries to have a spare set

I've found these on eBay
Do they look safe to people or is it one of those risk jobbies ?

If they are good it's a good price from Au seller

But if people think they are dodgy maybe I should just get some OG ones at $25 USD

So far happy with the unit Esp for 125$

Just hoping the sic helps with the clean up issue for better ease of use between dabs
Esp if out camping or visiting people
Can't carry a million qtips with me.

It certainly is a nice and convenient little unit
A hard hitter that can sit on the coffee table and be ready to rock on the lounge no cords or coils to worry about

Tasty and hard hitting
Also quite smooth vapour

If we can make the cleaning easier it will be a true little beasty
Certainly gets you stoned

20191225_220112.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review, I hope the SiC and new carb caps help with clean up, once you get it all sorted they might be cheap and available again. I hear the original atty is a little 'precious' and that the everlast replacement is not necessarily better but is a lot more robust.
I have purchased Sony VTC6 18650 from these guys and all were original and great, Lanplus,

And Ozdingo are great trustworthy peeps too (I got 2x LG HG2 and Panasonic18650 from him),

These sellers have listings for multiple quantities that are well priced too.

Nice review, I hope the SiC and new carb caps help with clean up, once you get it all sorted they might be cheap and available again. I hear the original atty is a little 'precious' and that the everlast replacement is not necessarily better but is a lot more robust.
I have purchased Sony VTC6 18650 from these guys and all were original and great, Lanplus,

And Ozdingo are great trustworthy peeps too (I got 2x LG HG2 and Panasonic18650 from him),

These sellers have listings for multiple quantities that are well priced too.
I've seen the everlast heater
If/when mine breaks I'll look at that to replace
For now just common sense as to not putting loads of pressure on it should be fine, I hope

Hoping the sic from the gate will make better flavour and easier clean up

Cheers for the battery links, good prices there

I ended up grabbing the legit ones from PIU with free postage local and it can go in with my BCG that is being sent
Only difference is the legit batteries are 1200mah

It does hit quite hard the ol Carta

Last edited:
he legit batteries are 1200mah

That would be 1200mah capacity for their 2x batteries (600mah is pretty standard for 18350 cells) as the largest 18350 battery available is 900mah.

That would be 1200mah capacity for their 2x batteries (600mah is pretty standard for 18350 cells) as the largest 18350 battery available is 900mah.
The ones I posted above are advertised as 1200

Here's a different site

And another

Amazon product

And these say 1100

I don't know how legit those numbers are, but there are batteries sold as "1200"

And the focus v ones say 1200 on each individual battery so I assume that is the individual batteries' rating

This is why I went legit to ensure were the right ones and not dodgy

I could be wrong and misinterpreting what I am seeing, but that is how I thought it read on the batteries themselves......

20191228_235309.jpg

Haha, great having "Fire" in a battery name, like the Trustfire 5000mah 18650 I saw once. Are you getting the batteries from the original company or the dodgy practice blokes?

I ended up grabbing the legit ones from pui with free postage local and it can go in with my BCG that is being sent
Only difference is the legit batteries are 1200ma

The focus v carta batteries say 1200mah as per the picture, and as I said in my post I chose those ones to make sure they were legit from Puff It Up
They only have focus in their name as in the picture

My focus v carta has a serial number on the bottom that I have registered with focus v directly for warranty which they accepted as it is a legit focus according to them

Which dodgy practice blokes were these?

But the keeppower ones and others shared do say 1200 also

Last edited:
Which dodgy practice blokes were these?
Dabnation swindled the original owner/maker by getting his Chinese manufacturer to make the Carta for them.
Should be fine getting from PIU.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back