Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Rant FUCK YOU

giphy.gif

The local council removes them from the lawn cemetery here, there is a sign warning only fake flowers allowed...as Brendon Frasier says quite often in Doom Patrol,

NICE WORD-2 use?
"Fuck" is not a nice word for civilized talk. IMHO. :twocents: And perhaps not so nice things need to be expressed sometimes.:biggrin:
However, Let's not diminish the impact of it by using it casually and be a total fuckwit about it. :dog: Besides, people who tend to not curse, are kind of forced to be more articulate.
Research demonstrates how the use of bad language can alter our behaviour | Education | The Guardian
NY I love you but FUCK YOU! MJ will not be legalized this year..
Aww for Fuck's sake NY. :BangHead:Well I tried to be civilized for 2019 anyway. Maybe next year.

"Fuck" is not a nice word for civilized talk. IMHO. :twocents: And perhaps not so nice things need to be expressed sometimes.:biggrin:
However, Let's not diminish the impact of it by using it casually and be a total fuckwit about it. :dog: Besides, people who tend to not curse, are kind of forced to be more articulate.
Research demonstrates how the use of bad language can alter our behaviour | Education | The Guardian
Aww for Fuck's sake NY. :BangHead:Well I tried to be civilized for 2019 anyway. Maybe next year.
I know so many scientists who say the “F-word a lot!
In the UK it’s a common word like ya’ll in the southern part of the USA?
Australia it’s like using the word mate?

CIVILIZATION after the ice age we say fuck!

Their is a STRAIN called “THUNDER FUCK” from ALASKA?

2019 is the year 2 add FUCK 2 da ENGLISH language!

Last edited:
I know so many scientists who say the “F-word a lot!
In the UK it’s a common word like ya’ll in the southern part of the USA?
Australia it’s like using the word mate?

CIVILIZATION after the ice age we say fuck!

Their is a STRAIN called “THUNDER FUCK” from ALASKA?

2019 is the year 2 add FUCK 2 da ENGLISH language!
Not sure if I share all of your interpretations. :biggrin: I actually thought the etymology of Fuck was German. 'to strike with force' or something to to that effect.

I'm not surprised that scientist have figured out how cursing works. Any fool can curse. :dog: Or am I missing your point?

Another tidbit. I've also heard that some cultures have a word similar in meaning and phonetically as 'Fuck' long before it became a universal word. :lol: Small F'n world right?

Did you check out the article I mentioned earlier? Their claim is that the reaction to swear words precedes the swear words that we react to. Also that swear words do cause/trigger stress levels to increase when spoken. Ponder that for a sec. Somewhere else I'm trying to remember an article where the phonology and whatever science where the physical brain corresponds with language. Anyway, LSS there is a way our brain fires when we curse. Sometimes it is an outlet when we say hit out thumb with a hammer, but there is a level of intent if it is directed at someone. I try not to curse IRL usually unless I'm frustrated with something. Then things boil over. :cursing: People will tend to curse more if I curse at all. (Even under my breath. ) I try to be a force of civility and reason when I can sustain it and people are more apt to be emotional when curse words are even casually being thrown around. There is some science and karma behind what I'm saying.

'Language is a virus from outer space.' and The other F-word is "free speech". :wink:
:peace:

"some science and karma to what I am saying"

Is this not a bit of conflict in terms?....

Also there is a bit more to the possible Germanic origin than the first Google result...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck
Not that wikipedia is academically accepted

The discussion around the C word as @momofthegoons prefers us auslanders say was had in another thread and I put up the origins of that word which also show how the C word is more accurate and less offensive then the word vagina which meant scabbard or sheath for sword (the nick name for penis at the time was sword or Saber...)
C word is anatomically correct not a bad word

It is also positive and negative where as dick is always used negatively

Anyway, word origins are great, people rarely understand and speak english properly any more

Mind you, English language is not stagnant and changes as people do
So fuck and C&_t are now common vernacular

Swearing has always been a part of language and it just changes what we consider swearing per the ages

Also names for things change as does laws and society - the many names for sex or weed for example change per time frame and era and needing to speak without ppl deciphering what is being said

As for swearing at all

There are also studies that prove people who swear are more intelligent
So we can find research that backs up what we wish to put out there

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-scientists

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...ts-of-swearing_n_5a5e44a8e4b0106b7f65b3a6/amp

I say swear if you do, just have content and knowledge behind your message not just swearing for the sake of it

It's not a swear word if it isn't offensive

So what do you deem offensive? And why does our perception of offensive rule over the other persons view

Every language has swear words too, so it is a normative occurance

I'll leave with a statement from one of the old uncles I met here who had been through a lot of the abuse and beatings from the invasion of this country
He was a slave till his mid twenties and bashed for speaking his own language ( he is still alive for those thinking this stuff is in the past)

This statement was in regards to swearing

"You took my language from me, gave me a new one and now you only want me to use half of it?....GET FUCKED"

Have a fuckin great day ppl and HAPPY VAPING :D :smoke:

In a way part of what I was saying

It's more about any word one deems to be offensive or uncomfortable as opposed to the actual word

Also if a word is not treated as such Esp whilst learning language, it isn't so bad or offensive/traumatising

Thus the need to invent new words to replace old ones, non stagnant vernacular

Young ppl grow up hearing words and they mean less, so they use different words to offend or gratify

Words that will trigger me will not trigger others and vice versa

Early afternoon philosophy going on in the vape forum....

In a room titled FUCK YOU

LOL

Last edited:
I know I would rather vape the bud that was described as "fuckin great" over the one that was called "great"

I would feel more uncomfortable if I was given the "great" bud and much happier and less stressed if I was given the "fuckin great" bud

:smug:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back