Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

Had a couple visitors yesterday, the following picture is of the well behaved one;
IMG_20181211_121636.jpg

She is still a pup, not sure how old as she was a pound rescue (pound said 10-12 months old).

IMG_20181211_131408.jpg

My old healer did not want much to do with her, old grumble bum.:thumbsup:

Had a couple visitors yesterday, the following picture is of the well behaved one;
View attachment 6467
She is still a pup, not sure how old as she was a pound rescue (pound said 10-12 months old).

View attachment 6468
My old healer did not want much to do with her, old grumble bum.:thumbsup:
Nice boggos...
The healer is too busy licking the floor...hahaha

giphy.gif

I fixed that for you...

I am so very sorry to hear about Rachael.... It's just not fair that our 'babies' don't live longer. But you gave her a life that she wouldn't have had... and your memories will last a lifetime.

And who knows? I've found that often when we lose a pet, another is waiting in the wings for us.....
There is a reptile rescue guy that gets around here, we just laugh whenever we see him, we call him 'Nigel No-mates' I get a lot of Copperhead snakes in my backyard as they chase frogs in my stormwater drain, I am pretty sure that is what killed my first dog here, my cute little beagle, I fucking hate snakes(they are protected here, not supposed to kill them...huh):cursing:

Well, @momofthegoons, you weren't wrong. It was one month after Rachael passed, which was one month after Raven passed, and Madri-guy and I were out shopping. A woman approached and said she had a dog she needed a home for, and as she was talking another woman came over with the dog. The situation seemed odd, but we were looking at a 5 lb. dog people were trying to give to complete strangers.
We took the dog.
Layla is a sweet dog. We got her scanned for a microchip, but found none. We are currently trying to find out if she was taken from her home and has people she was wrongfully seperated from, but it looks like we have a third dog. Our first desire is to find her home, if she has one, but she has a new home if that doesn't work out. We weren't looking for a dog, but she has no one to help her if we don't try to find her people.
Madri-Guy was given a sweatshirt for Christmas that has a pouch to carry a small dog. Layla loves to ride around in his shirt, so it turned out to be quite useful and comforting for her.

@LesPlenty, I meant to say I was horrified to hear about your beagle. I was unavoidably called away by a small dog, so I didn't finish my thought. I have nothing against a snake, but making them poisonous or otherwise deadly is a terrible idea. I am so sorry you lost your dear dog in such a manner. No matter how many years pass, the love of a dog and for a dog stays in the heart.

I also got called away earlier and didn't have a chance to respond..

It was one month after Rachael passed, which was one month after Raven passed, and Madri-guy and I were out shopping. A woman approached and said she had a dog she needed a home for, and as she was talking another woman came over with the dog. The situation seemed odd, but we were looking at a 5 lb. dog people were trying to give to complete strangers.
We took the dog.
Isn't it funny how life works? This little lovey was meant to come to you. Odd how it happened and you can't help but wonder what the deal was. It sounds like you are trying everything you can to make sure Layla hasn't been stolen, etc. But how cool that you were there to give her a safe place that might turn into her home.

My gosh.. a 5 lb. dog... is it a mix breed or a chihuahua or....?

She's a Chihuahua. We are doing everything we can to find her people. So far it's social media, contacting rescues and animal shelters with her information. After New Year's we can contact veterinarians. Her people might not even know she's missing, if they went away for the holiday. She is settling in, and of course we will give her a home if her family can't be found. She is doing everything she can to fit in. She even charms us by dancing while waiting to be fed. It isn't her fault she was given away, and we do want to help her find her home, if there is such a home to be found. Both of my other dogs are 5 lbs each. I'm used to Chihuahuas, at least.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back