Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

15y16s.jpg

This is Spaceship, a feral cat who lives in our yard. She made her way to our front yard from a feral cat colony nearby. She started hanging out with our cats, so we got her spayed and shots. We brought her in for a month, but she settled on the back yard, and hasn't left in 4 years. We made her an insulated house, clean her bedding every week, and feed her twice a day. She eventually let us pet her for a few seconds before she ate. The time for petting got longer. She injured her foot, and came to us for help. She started coming over to us for attention, and wanted to be picked up and held, before picnicking. The other day, for the first time, she played with a toy. She is by no means a house cat, but I think she's happy as she can be. I admire how brave she is. Her brother still comes to the porch for food and water, but runs off if he sees us.
20190526_172110.jpg

Last edited:
My old cat Tootie was a hunter but a strange one as she only stayed in our property boundary (under 1/4 acre). Never a roamer but she had plenty of bushes to ambush Indian mynas & being tortoiseshell had good camouflage. Too many times to count I would be having a coffee & smoke watching her waiting in the bush when all of a sudden there would be a cloud of feathers in the air & she would come trotting up with the carcass. A stone killer who learned to bring me trophies for treat. I miss her. Best cat I ever had.

As for undesexed strays & feral cats a .22LR is the most effective solution methinks.

BTW the one at the back is the naughty one @momofthegoons . No doubt about it :lol:.

My old cat Tootie was a hunter but a strange one as she only stayed in our property boundary (under 1/4 acre). Never a roamer but she had plenty of bushes to ambush Indian mynas & being tortoiseshell had good camouflage. Too many times to count I would be having a coffee & smoke watching her waiting in the bush when all of a sudden there would be a cloud of feathers in the air & she would come trotting up with the carcass. A stone killer who learned to bring me trophies for treat. I miss her. Best cat I ever had.

As for undesexed strays & feral cats a .22LR is the most effective solution methinks.

BTW the one at the back is the naughty one @momofthegoons . No doubt about it :lol:.
Hateses indian minas too.....

Yep, it is cold...the heater is going and I can smell burning hair;

IMG_20190613_195119.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back