Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

Owl-Spirit-Animal-2.jpg

Sad news, our 15 yr old Yorkie mix has congestive heart failure. Now he's on lasix and a heart pill.

Same as my 95 yr old mom.
Hard one to like Shredder. :ugh:

I took my guy to the vet today for a retest of his liver enzymes. Apparently his ALT is high. Have no idea why and they aren't recommending any type of treatment other than following up in 6 mos to a year. But it reminds me of how short a time we have these lovies and he's had a rough life (although you would never know it from my pics lol). I hope the meds buy you several more years with him.

Hard one to like Shredder. :ugh:

I took my guy to the vet today for a retest of his liver enzymes. Apparently his ALT is high. Have no idea why and they aren't recommending any type of treatment other than following up in 6 mos to a year. But it reminds me of how short a time we have these lovies and he's had a rough life (although you would never know it from my pics lol). I hope the meds buy you several more years with him.

Thanks for your kind words.

I don't think he has long. His muscles have lost mass over the last couple years. He has arthritis in his joints, and he is now blind from cataracts. As long as he's happy though, we're good.

For pain he gets highly deluded cannabis oil. The vet knows and is ok with it.

I just hope we don't have to put him down. That'll be a tough one.

Somehow I feel sorry for that dog. And the ones that get died un natural colors, painted nails, and those who suffer from wacky owners in general. Although dogs never complain and love us regardless. Maybe I should feel sorry for us owners.

Once while giving my dog a haircut, I left a patch under his chin to look like a hipster dog. But soon cut it off after feeling sorry for him. Plus I had visions of sand in their water bowl.

Somehow I feel sorry for that dog. And the ones that get died un natural colors, painted nails, and those who suffer from wacky owners in general. Although dogs never complain and love us regardless. Maybe I should feel sorry for us owners.

Once while giving my dog a haircut, I left a patch under his chin to look like a hipster dog. But soon cut it off after feeling sorry for him. Plus I had visions of sand in their water bowl.
I try to remember that the fussed over dogs are loved and cared for, and there are so many that are neglected, abused, abandoned, that my sympathy gets diverted. I can't say I'd style my dog that way, but I have short haired Chihuahuas that don't need grooming. I will confess to dressing them, which I never thought I'd do, but they don't have much hair and get cold if I don't put sweaters on them in Winter. I did have a long haired white dog, and she required daily brushing or she'd get matted fur, and she got pretty hot in Summer. I did brush her every day, but did think she might need a close cut in the heat of Summer. Unfortunately, my Other Son poisoned her before I could get her to a groomer.
I think it's silly perhaps, to make a topiary of a pet, but I think the more important thing is that they are loved and cared for when so many are not. Mostly, I thought it a funny picture, and realistically, if someone has money to waste by dying their dog Easter egg colors, and the judgement to do so, if they aren't throwing it away that way they'll throw it away another. It's not like people will think "I can get my dog a lion cut, or donate to an animal shelter" and the shelter win the call. Should be, but if you are silly enough to get your dog a peticure, you already have a frivolous with money mindset. :twocents: :dog:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back