Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

p9mPDIQ.jpg

@Reflections I think you live in a petting zoo :thumbsup:

This is a great story/photo-essay :angel2:

I rescued female duck from dying by blowgun dart.
by arcticrobot9 hr

So I was on my parking lot when I saw this female duck being chased by two male ducks. This is normal situation in my area, where male population is higher than female. However, female was limping and there was a rope stuck to her leg. So I decided to help her and joined male ducks in chasing her. Duck could fly and flew on other side of parking lot and then into the nearby creek. In the creek there were three male ducks that attacked her and started drowning, so I had to go full stupid and get into the river and stop this shit.

She flew out to the park fence and bushes where I finally caught her. She lost the rope in the process. I took her with me into my apartment and placed her in the bathtub to recover and eat. She ate a bowl of oatmeal with water and I left her to rest for the night.

Next morning me and my wife decided to check on her and see if there was any injury from the rope that caused her limping. This is when we discovered this orange thing stuck deep in her leg. At the moment we didn't know what it was. So I started to pull it out.

To our horror it was a blowgun dart. Some lowlife scumbag shot this female duck outside of legal duck hunting season(Sept-Nov in our area), missed vital organs and duck escape just to die later on. There was little blood, we cleaned ducks wound, filled bathtub with warm water to ease her pain and started looking for an animal rescue.

To our(and ducks) luck we were able to find certified DNR rescuer 3 hours of driving from us. She had access to vet, 3 acres of land, pond, and all things to attend to this unfortunate duck. So we started driving immediately. Duck shat on my wife inside the car, but I have no pictures of that.

The best part of this rescue is they have a pet male duck, who is very attentive to this little wild female. He chats with her, guards her, he runs to people when she spills her water and food. I have a video of him leading people to her and asking for attention which I will post later. Both me and the girl who took the duck can't believe this happens.

Little female was at the vet, wound is clean and healing. She will be allowed to stay with the male duck, if she chooses to after the wound is healed. Feels good to be a bro to animals in need!

:enamored:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back