Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued G43

Vapes no longer in production
The wiring does NOT get hot and should not pose any material issues.

After its hot, the G43 can be held by the very end where the wires come in and the chamber end isn't too terribly hot....I can take the basket screen out for a stir with it still on and hot.

If you grab the section where the heater element/glass balls are....well, that part is screaming hot.
Thanks for your input on this Baron.

While I respect you and your opinion on this, I'd still like to see a measurement of the temp of the wires at the top of the vape..... just to err on the side of caution and be able to say absolutely that the temp is okay up there for this type of wire insulation. In other words... that it doesn't get hot.
Still, IMO it needs some sort of insulation at the top...where the wires come in....to make it easier to handle.
This would be a good option for anyone who might want those wires and insulation separated from the air path more as well.

I have no doubt that it is a cloud machine. But this forum isn't all about vapes for the sake of clouds. I want vapes to be safe as well if we are promoting them here. Again... I am not saying that this vape is unsafe. But I am trying to assure folk that it is safe...

I'd still like to see a measurement of the temp of the wires at the top of the vape

Well, that's certainly your perogative. A decent K-style thermocouple thermometer and Robert's your mother's brother, haha

But this forum isn't all about vapes for the sake of clouds. I want vapes to be safe as well if we are promoting them here.

This line gave me pause for a number of reasons. I guess, first and foremost, I don't see it being "promoted" here....I just see owners, some of which are certainly avid fans, talking about a vape that they like.

And, this bit:

isn't all about vapes for the sake of clouds

Well, quite frankly...and while I don't think you meant this intentionally...I find this to be rather dismissive of the validity of MY use case which is, as I have stated above and many times before, is heavy sessions at night for pain and sedation. I find referring to that as "for the sake of clouds" to be a bit parochial.

Cheers

Last edited:
This line gave me pause for a number of reasons. I guess, first and foremost, I don't see it being "promoted" here....I just see owners, some of which are certainly avid fans, talking about a vape that they like.
True. However..... you and I have had conversations in the past about how I want this forum to be more about the members and medical than vape centric. The majority of the members here are medical users for one reason or another. We are vaporizing because it is a 'healthier' way of consuming. And a whole lot of us, me especially, want those vapes to be safe to use. So my feeling is that when a vape is featured here... and then gets a buzz going with members, that we should look into it further to see if it is safe for use. And that goes double for a vape that is featured here if the manufacturer is present like @Ed's TnT is. We put him through the wringer for his safety approval.

So if someone has a G43 and a K-style thermocouple... and would like to supply the temperature reading that would be very much appreciated. And we could put this to rest.

Well, quite frankly...and while I don't think you meant this intentionally...I find this to be rather dismissive of the validity of MY use case which is, as I have stated above and many times before, is heavy sessions at night for pain and sedation. I find referring to that as "for the sake of clouds" to be a bit parochial.
Now you're making this personal. And of course that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to the vape itself and it had nothing to do with your personal needs.

True. However..... you and I have had conversations in the past about how I want this forum to be more about the members and medical than vape centric. The majority of the members here are medical users for one reason or another. We are vaporizing because it is a 'healthier' way of consuming. And a whole lot of us, me especially, want those vapes to be safe to use. So my feeling is that when a vape is featured here... and then gets a buzz going with members, that we should look into it further to see if it is safe for use. And that goes double for a vape that is featured here if the manufacturer is present like @Ed's TnT is. We put him through the wringer for his safety approval.

So if someone has a G43 and a K-style thermocouple... and would like to supply the temperature reading that would be very much appreciated. And we could put this to rest.

Now you're making this personal. And of course that's not what I was referring to.
Not personal. You know I love you :cheers: :hug:

So are you saying that the top of the glass, past the pinch, doesn't get hot?
I double checked last session that I had. Using the slide in the standard way. Was running two cels back to back and checked. There was just enough warmth from the top of the slide to detect. The wires seemed fine.

My big objection was to pre-heat time. YES, I do have to let my EVO and FP SH heat soak....but I pretty much plug them in, go do something for a bit, and come back and they are heat soaked. With the G43, I have not felt as comfortable just turning it on and walking away...I want to hit that four minute pre-heat pretty closely. What I do now, however, is NOT turn it off between loads....that is, I pre-heat, drain a load, and leave the mod on and heating while cleaning out and loading again (THIS is where a bit of insulation on the top would be very helpful).
I have to tell myself it isn't a full portable vape. It is a portable desktop vape. Try visualizing your EVO heating up instead of that busy bar on the Mod filling up and repeating. And the numbers fluctuating. Flashily reminding you of the wait time. :dog: What is nice about that 4 min wait, is you can clean and empty it during the meantime. And maybe consider using the screensaver option. When I first had button rage with the Mod, imagine me finding Tetris of all things. Was not amused at the time. :mad: :rofl:

This is not a shrink wrapped, UL approved, retail device for the masses....but its def a great vape for those into vaporizers who want another great extractor to play with...IMO, of course! haha
:nod: Agree on all your points made here. More for fiends and geeks then Joe consumer. :goofy: It is a indeed a very clean hitting vape that might do well at lower temps. You can try to hone performance and play with the heat profile. :science:, Haven't cranked the volts past 11w and haven't had any scorch issues. The herb chamber is huge and a fully packed bowl just needs a little stirring. You could keep adding to a packed partially vaped bowl and keep vaping along I figure.

Was having button rage at first with the mod and with my learning curve. Now there is more of a flow between swapping cels and keeping the oven heating.

In fairness one is a "portable" vape. I would expect a vape with the raw power of the LSV to outpace the G43.
It's too much too call it portable to me
The lsv will pack in a box not much diff in size and can run off my car inverter if needed
Or a WS can run off multiple porta powers I have too
I have other portables that do portable better

The glass heater interested me but if it isn't near the lsv and is a prick to clean, then it has not much purpose for me

Esp if the safety concerns have not yet been addressed

Nice idea though

I was hoping that safety concerns may get addressed on this one
It just went quiet

Troy likes it over the tera now on a bong in his video

Doesn't seem to have taken off elsewhere though

The Vape Critic's portable glass vape. Minimal amount of parts with an 18mm male socket. Works with a couple of Box Mods (or perhaps even less. )
DSC_0062_1024x1024.jpg
How do I turn on the mod box on the G43 Vape?

How do I turn on the mod box on the G43 Vape?
Bruce??? Wow??

There are two little buttons on one face of the mod at the bottom.

Press on that face further up. The whole face is the on/off switch.

Been forever since I used the mod, preferring the battery sled config, but the mod should be set up to continuously run once turned on…until you turn it off.

Hope this is helpful

Thank you, That is a really hard hitter.

To the Vape Life Forum Survivors!
Did it work? Its easy but not apparent when looking at the mod. I have bad CRS and can't remember who made those mods...it was a well known company. Wismec mod with firmware downloaded from myevic so it can run in "cruise mode" vice holding the button.

Found this you might want to file for future reference if cruise mode gets screwed up (IMO, best to just stay out of those menus and NOT screw it up! haha):

"How to reset Cruise Mode - If you have one of Bud's mods with the myevic firmware this is how to reset fire button length for cruise mode.
Step 1) Go to main menu by pushing power button and temp+ button at same time

Step 2) Go to Vaping menu

Step 3) Scroll down to AutoFi and toggle it ON

Step 4) Set ATime to infinity​

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good year so far. I wanted to check in and see if anybody needs help with their G43, or if there are any broken ones floating around. If you're having any issues please let me know and I'll take care of you.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back