Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued G43

Vapes no longer in production

Cuckfumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
The Vape Critic's portable glass vape. Minimal amount of parts with an 18mm male socket. Works with a couple of Box Mods (or perhaps even less. )
DSC_0062_1024x1024.jpg

Well gang. I'm getting on with the G43 and my other glass. LSS heat is stored in the glass beads and middle section. So my EQ skills have come in handy and I'm trying to get more performance for the batt life with the least drain. Got a Mod box from Vape Critic as well that is one of the Mods compatible with this. More on the Mod box later, if anybody cares to hear about it. For now trying to make it more portable friendly. I hope the compatibility list for this for exisiting vapes grows larger for other users.
1100205-1.jpg

A common Pelican case for the G43 and the other glass.
1100225-1.jpg

1100232-1.jpg

If you look at my last two images. I added a touch of my own. The blue thing over the top of the slide. It is a silicone cover from a Fury 2. And OK so I've been told elsewhere that covering the top of the slide might cause problems with hot spots and a few other problems. So I'll be more selective when choosing a solution.

I guess I'm one of about 170 people who have a G43 to try out. Get on the list at Vape Critic if you want to get yourself one. Not sure how many they are making at this rate.

This is a different animal of a portable. Essentially it is a glass heater which uses beads for it's oven and airpath. Heats up with voltage control using the MOD. Let the slide warm up for about 4 - 5, usually at the 10.5w - 13.5w range. YMMV
I go for the standard 4m heat soak at 11v then take my first draw.

There are other Mods that are compatible out there as well. Trying to figure out more from the small group of users that exist. ATM. :peace:

A hundred bucks for $15 bucks worth of glass and a S/S wire and plug plus you have to buy a mod box.:shakehead: I also watched the cleaning video, looks like a pain.
So Vapecritic has made 17 grand so far from a few hundred bucks of material, will make more than he made from the Ghost!
Good on him.:thumbsup:

Edit, I hope he at least uses a local glass blower, that would help explain the high cost for so little material.

A hundred bucks for $15 bucks worth of glass and a S/S wire and plug plus you have to buy a mod box.:shakehead: I also watched the cleaning video, looks like a pain.
So Vapecritic has made 17 grand so far from a few hundred bucks of material, will make more than he made from the Ghost!

Edit, I hope he at least uses a local glass blower, that would help explain the high cost for so little material.
He is also a mammal............

Remain skeptical @LesPlenty. One thing though. It also works. Or at least ATM they are performing great. Fingers crossed. Those slides are special ordered to work with the G43. Yes, you could very much build one yourself. Bud makes that point out loud as well.
Just that acquiring the materials, tools and labor and that alone would put you over $100.

FULL DISCLOSURE - I have been watching the live streams and have had some input into how this is made. Often watched Bud sort out problems during these live streams.
Not sure where you are getting that figure. I wouldn't let Bud's critique and his relation with/to Ghost cloud my impression. As far as the slide, He started with a glass company in china and really regretted doing that. Headaches all along the way.:BangHead: He has sought out a local glass blower initially and is back to trying to find a local dependable glass blower. Perhap OGB might be with him now? I can find out.

C'mon Les you don't think I was easily duped into buying this. I did my homework. :smug:

Last edited:
A hundred bucks for $15 bucks worth of glass and a S/S wire and plug plus you have to buy a mod box.:shakehead:

...and a 4min heat soak on a portable... that alone turns me off this one...

Yeah I like the idea, but I don't even have a mod that can run for 5 minutes straight without powering off. It's interesting, but it doesn't suit my needs at all. I would gladly try it if someone I knew had one :)
I have no doubt it gives good vapor.

Yea, It is a glass heater. That is the major trade off right there. Like all things glass, there is both good and bad. And that glass oven requires heat absorption. My EVO being powered as a desk top often requires a 7m heat soak time for the glass bamboo to heat up . So I have no yearning for a glass vape that powers up as soon as I hit the button. Vapes with metal ovens have no excuses for slow heat up times, unless it is design related. IMO.

Yeah I like the idea, but I don't even have a mod that can run for 5 minutes straight without powering off. It's interesting, but it doesn't suit my needs at all. I would gladly try it if someone I knew had one :)
I have no doubt it gives good vapor.
There are a few vapes that I'd consider 'desktop portables.' The Supreme vaporizer might fall into that category as well. It can produce desktop performance with the right conditions. It is portable as far as weight and being able to use 18650, just doesn't get used as a pull-out-of-your-pocket vape.

I bought a Mod from Bud direct and can see someone not wanting to buy ANOTHER mod to their collection. He did try to have a simple battery enclosure instead of having to rely solely on a Mod to regulate things. But it turned out to be the best solution. Just not enough to work 100% with all MODS. However if it works and shuts itself off. Then it is only an inconvenience to power up the vape again. The heat should mostly be stored in the glass. However it is a YMMV and I'm sure there are some Mods that are totally uncompromising with the G43. I however never owned a MOD of any type. So this is just the brain for the G43, until I get more toys for the MOD like say a Splinter.

Bud is considering coming up with a full portable with the same minimalist philosophy. That might fall in line with what we expect from a portable. But that is only a dream ATM. :zzz: As for now perhaps ask yourself, Do I want a potentially powerful glass portable desktop?

Yea, It is a glass heater. That is the major trade off right there. Like all things glass, there is both good and bad. And that glass oven requires heat absorption. My EVO being powered as a desk top often requires a 7m heat soak time for the glass bamboo to heat up . So I have no yearning for a glass vape that powers up as soon as I hit the button. Vapes with metal ovens have no excuses for slow heat up times, unless it is design related. IMO.

...i get that, but for me at least, my desktops stay on mostly 24/7 so they are always ready to rock... for portables, which i consider this running off a box mod, i personally feel a 4-5 min wait to use is unnecessary... i don't doubt this one is a monster of a vape, but i would like to see another power option that can be used plugged in to an outlet...

i don't doubt this one is a monster of a vape, but i would like to see another power option that can be used plugged in to an outlet...
That might occur down the road. As for now, It might be for someone who doesn't want to be tied to the cord and still wants that glass oven. Or for a desktop experience far away from an outlet. It can kick
As for me. The EVO is for home use. G43 is for Base camp:sunbathing:. Fury 2 for stealth. Vapcap for hikes.
I break enough glass at home without asking for trouble!
Had that apprehension myself. Glass is a love/hate relationship. Never thought I'd take be crazy to take glass away from home either. Muck less a vape.

The times I goofed and had to snatch the cord to save it a broken fate. It took me several questions on the forums, before I even considered an EVO.

Enjoy @Cuckfumbustion!
It is a powerful vape.

Personally I think it is one of the best values out there for a powerhouse vape and it's super easy to use and pass around to novices.
Thanks ! And I agree. :nod: Indeed. I did have a learning curve with the mod and asked questions in the threads to get on course. Once I was past that and got a heat profile, then it was easy to use. The slide handle is all that's needed to be able to twirl it in any direction. You fill the socket end and cap it with a basket screen. Then choose your weapon. Use it like any slide, but attached to a cord.

I spot clean the chamber with a scrunched up coffee filter and the pick tool. Then back in biz.

Wonder what it is like compared to the Mighty or Plenty? To think there is less than 200 of us with one ATM. Don't think the S&B would wow me as much being more on the conduction side. But IDK. A glass vape that runs on 18650's and a list of ordinary mods. With other possible power options in the future. That is quite robust. Can we say it is an open source vape? :thinker:

@Cuckfumbustion one thing that I've been wondering about is how hot the glass gets. Especially up by the area where the mod connects to the heater?
Under normal conditions. The outside oven area is HOT and will leave a mark. Above the pinch is cooler. If you use the slide in it's normal position, then the magic should happen where the coil, glass rod and glass beads meet and you can leave it packed until you need to draw, Presumably.
The handle works. But I also have a rubber Dynavap MP on the handle for a fatter grip and other small reasons. The socket doesn't get as hot initially. So almost no conduction. None of the exposed wire appears to get hot. But I'll observe it closer. The beads and wires contacting the beads are the biggies to watch for. You don't want hot spots to form. I have for right or wrong have had it heat up on it's side. Perhaps a no-no? Anyway, when I have, I''ll catch a bead turning red. :uhoh: So I take action. Either take a draw or invert it correctly or power down. Good it went clear again. Now If I used it normal, I don't detect these things. Then again it's only been a week. So more things to watch out for and report. :cool:

Lately, I've been cruisen at 11v and after a battery switch and after a long duration, the rest of the glass does get a little warm. I kinda think it's primed when in that state. But some might get concerned and lower power or power off. Some users seem to need to ramp up power over time to get it to work. And some have recovered there G43's former strength with a full cleaning.

The Mod box and the wrapped wire have given me no heat issues. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
The outside oven area is HOT and will leave a mark.
I was afraid of that.

None of the exposed wire appears to get hot. But I'll observe it closer. The beads and wires contacting the beads are the biggies to watch for. You don't want hot spots to form.
This was my other concern. I'm wondering how hot the black wrap on the wires gets. Has Bud shared the MSDS on that material?

I have always been a stickler for materials used in vapes... and the safety tests we put the WS through alone should be evidence of that. Ed ended up even getting rid of the teflon he was using to err on the side of caution. I'm concerned that that wrapping material could off gas if heated enough. I'd love to know what it is and see some statistics on how hot that area of the vape gets.

This was my other concern. I'm wondering how hot the black wrap on the wires gets. Has Bud shared the MSDS on that material?
I haven't detected any heat issues with the wrap or wires. The top part of the slide doesn't seem to get hot normally. I do know he uses a certain shrink wrap for the wires. Whatever part of the wire and wire wrap, that you might consider in the airpath, doesn't seem to get warm during usage. Whatever materials that could potentially offgass is all above the slide. I'll test it more to be sure and report back. And ask Bud as well.

FWIW. Stu from FC also tried it out the G43 and had heat sensors attached to it and graphed out his results.

Getting back to an older question. The Mod box does feel just a little bit warm to the touch after running for a long duration. But nothing that seemed dangerous or out of the ordinary. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
The top part of the slide doesn't seem to get hot normally
So are you saying that the top of the glass, past the pinch, doesn't get hot?

FWIW. Stu from FC also tried it out the G43 and had heat sensors attached to it and graphed out his results.
I saw those graphs.... and would question where the temperature gauge was placed. This is also about heat transfer to the wires... not the actual herb or glass. And from what I can see on those graphs, the temperature of the glass stays pretty hot. Unless I'm reading it wrong? This is the graph I'm referring to:

12w-temp-test.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing a graph of temps taken of the actual wires leading to the black wrapping material.

Edit to add: A quick Google search of 'heat shrinkable tubing" got this MSDS sheet.
http://www.panduit.com/ccurl/344/986/heat-shrinkable-tubing-msds,0.pdf
Now.. I'm NOT saying this is the product that is used in this vape. But... if you look at the data it says specifically, "Overheating the product to charring or burning may produce vapors that may cause eye, skin, nose and throat irritation." And under conditions to avoid it states, "Avoid overheating of product."

And it's interesting that there is absolutely zero data on the temps it is safe to use to... which leads me to believe that this product is not meant to be used in an application where it could get hot. So I'd be really interested in knowing what wrap product is being used for those wires and how hot they get.

Last edited:
I was afraid of that.

I have always been a stickler for materials used in vapes... and the safety tests we put the WS through alone should be evidence of that. Ed ended up even getting rid of the teflon he was using to err on the side of caution. I'm concerned that that wrapping material could off gas if heated enough. I'd love to know what it is and see some statistics on how hot that area of the vape gets.
The wiring does NOT get hot and should not pose any material issues.

After its hot, the G43 can be held by the very end where the wires come in and the chamber end isn't too terribly hot....I can take the basket screen out for a stir with it still on and hot.

If you grab the section where the heater element/glass balls are....well, that part is screaming hot.

Still, IMO it needs some sort of insulation at the top...where the wires come in....to make it easier to handle. Maybe some heat shrink but I also have some extra Epic Vape silicone sleeves for the Enano stem....I should see if one of them will fit over the top of the glass slide.

As far as price vs performance...I am NOT a micro doser and I'm NOT a taste chaser....I want hard and quick impact for pain and sedation. I don't think I have another vape that will produce as big of clouds....well, certainly none that will produce bigger clouds. So, if you have an EVO or a Flower Pot and know how to use them, you can get plenty of big clouds....but for a lot more money. It is a very hard hitting, very clean hitting vape.

Now my view is that these things are eventually a consumable item. I will not be taking it apart to clean it...taking multiple screens out, glass balls out, etc. I have let it sit up to the top screen in ISO and that worked well. If the upper section (glass balls) gets too gunked up I will dribble ISO down from the top and let it completely dry....but that's about it. I expect....but have not yet seen this occur...that eventually if it gets too dirty I will get another...for $99. WTF do you get for $99 in decent vapes these days, much less a top extractor.....VC M maybe?

I don't think this is for everybody by any means. I would not suggest a G43 to a older MMJ patient that is new to vaping. But, for vape board fiends like ourselves, hell yeah.

My big objection was to pre-heat time. YES, I do have to let my EVO and FP SH heat soak....but I pretty much plug them in, go do something for a bit, and come back and they are heat soaked. With the G43, I have not felt as comfortable just turning it on and walking away...I want to hit that four minute pre-heat pretty closely. What I do now, however, is NOT turn it off between loads....that is, I pre-heat, drain a load, and leave the mod on and heating while cleaning out and loading again (THIS is where a bit of insulation on the top would be very helpful).

This is not a shrink wrapped, UL approved, retail device for the masses....but its def a great vape for those into vaporizers who want another great extractor to play with...IMO, of course! haha

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back