Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Glass adapters

Nice, you can use a vapcap as the carb plug!

Indeed, I can!

IMG-0655.jpg

Does the tip fit in that hole without the body?
It would get a bit hot to use as a vapor making carb cap if it did.:thumbsup:

Recently finding myself in possession of store credit at an online headshop, I ordered a few more adapters. One I've been wanting and not needing for over a year. I adore Grav, formerly Grav Labs, and am a big fan of their Helix pieces and adapters. I ordered the Grav 14mmMale/14mm Female Carbon Adapter. The carbon is pointless, but I liked the glass and the stopper, and keck clips are always handy. I ordered another set of the 10mm Male/10mm Male strait and 10mm Female to 10mm Female strait adapter. They were clearanced out for $3.49 each, and I don't know if I'll be able to find a set later. I ordered a few more stoppers from Grav for $2.50 each, and hope they'll be useful for cleaning. These came with free shipping and a free taster bat for 4/20.
Big week for adapters in my life. Big news coming soon.

Great question @Chaos47, sounds like you have worked it out from what I can see, #24 seems like the only option that would fit.:thumbsup:

So what size keck clip do you need to hold a 18mm adapter / cloud buddy into glass with a built in downstem? The downstem exterior measures about 25mm so I am guessing I need a 24#?

Where is a good source for this wider variety sizes of keck clips? I only ever see the ones sold by headshops (including eheadshops) that are just labeled for 18mm, 14mm, or 10mm Glass connections.

Someone linked some keck clips made from S/S wire that do not wear out like the coloured plastic ones and they were about as eye-pleasing as the colour choice you get with German cars...bland, bland, bland. and hard to find where you leave them.:thumbsup:

I like that you can bend metal clips for odd/off shaped adapters. Especially, When weight is a consideration.

Keck clips are good for easy on/off. Keep their shape more than metal. The portable option.

@momofthegoons - well, talking about adapters, I finally ordered one from Mike at OGB.

I have both an 18 and 14 mm carb'd adapter...more cheaply made (think Chinese glass) and I have been intending on buying a 14mm from OGB....mostly because he makes nice stuff and also because he made them at Mom's request so need to show some support.

All good.....and got to keep feeding our fav suppliers, yeah?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back