Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Glass adapters

Just ordered a couple of pairs, 2x 14mmM to 18mmF and 2x 18mmM o 18mmF;
1566476218936.png

We will see how these go!

Last edited:
Okay so I went and checked the mail as I forgot today
The other dropdown arrived

Not as good
It isn't as perfect both vertically or horizontally.

It has a small crack too
Drops down nicely though
It does work but just not perfect like the other one

So one seller is good the other not so much
I sent a message to the seller and they are going to replace, they answered straight away

Here is a link for the good drop down seller
I shall buy more from them I think
They are cheaper too :)

Great, just heard the ominous 'Crack' behind me while I have the DNail set at 777f cleaning, there goes my last straight dropdown, that fancy looking one...bugger, time to look through my wonky collection...ffs!

Edit, where is that heat shrink?
IMG_20190901_192700.jpg

Quick pit stop and away we go!

Last edited:
Great, just heard the ominous 'Crack' behind me while I have the DNail set at 777f cleaning, there goes my last straight dropdown, that fancy looking one...bugger, time to look through my wonky collection...ffs!

Edit, where is that heat shrink?
View attachment 12704
Quick pit stop and away we go!
I wonder if that double coil puts off extra heat or something

I've not ever had one crack there
I have broken a few but at the other end and it's coz I push too much on the nail with the qtip cleaning

Heat shrink and Keck clips to the rescue....

The latest one I got is the best I've had so far
Decent construction and has an actual drop

The ol Les curse on the drop downs

I wonder if that double coil puts off extra heat or something
I believe it is more to do with the heatsink sitting directly on the coil instead of on the wide flat washer that DNail no longer supply as standard (I have one coming in the mail)

Still waiting, a couple weeks off yet...maybe

Did those 14 to 18 drop downs come in yet? How do you like them?
The 4 downstems just arrived (2 weeks early) and 3 of the 4 are perfectly level and straight, unfortunately one of the 14 to 18mm jobs is not level...2 out 3 ain't bad might be alright for Meatloaf, but I will complain...again. I even asked them before I purchased to make sure they were level and straight as I was sick of opening disputes against other sellers due to these problems.

Edit, the seller got back and is sending me a replacement 18 to 18, did not have to open a dispute or post pictures, so maybe worth a shot for the price as they actually give about an inch drop.

Edit, tried to link but I give up, the link is at the top of the page

Last edited:
unfortunately one of the 14 to 18mm jobs is not level
sending me a replacement 18 to 18

Um, which one was crooked?...I mucked up and asked for a 14 to 18 replacement by mistake hehe, it was the 18 to 18 that was uneven, sent a message to them, hopefully, they will fix me up!

FFS, I am getting sick of my DNail killing dropdowns, I thought the extra spacer/washer for the heat sink fixed this problem, it didn't,
IMG_20191018_101255.jpg

No small crack, this one blew! I have now lost count of how many of these dropdowns the DNail has eaten, it is getting beyond a joke.

FFS, I am getting sick of my DNail killing dropdowns, I thought the extra spacer/washer for the heat sink fixed this problem, it didn't,
View attachment 13820
No small crack, this one blew! I have now lost count of how many of these dropdowns the DNail has eaten, it is getting beyond a joke.
Wow, I have a Slim Line SiC Halo but it looks a bit different. Mine has a completely flat "frying pan" type coil while it looks like you have two coils??? Also, is that a D-nail Halo?

Neither of these impact your issue, just curious.

But, I have had my slim line for a good while and my drop downs are nothing special....but it has never cracked one yet.

Weird issue you have there....I have not heard and grumbing from others about this so I wonder at the problems you are having. It definitely busted that bad boy of yours up. Wow, sorry to see that and I have no suggestions at this point for you.

View attachment 13820

Wow
I haven't had this happen once
The other end has cracked on from me putting too much pressure cleaning with qtip
Never had the heat expansion thing happen once though

I wonder if that double dnail coil puts out too much heat?
My auber coil is just a single layer

Either way something must be going on here, I've never had the issue and reading @Baron23 post it isn't common elsewhere

I have no advice mate, but can send condolences...

looks like you have two coils??? Also, is that a D-nail Halo?

It is a DNail slim series, flat coil and Halo, they were all purchased directly from DNail, mainly dealing with Brian (I have sent him a message for help).

I should have gone with the Auber flat coil as you @felvapes, it is also half the price of the Dnail!

Last edited:
It is a DNail slim series, flat coil and Halo were all purchased directly from DNail, mainly dealing with Brian (I have sent him a message for help).

I should have gone with the Auber flat coil as you @felvapes, it is also half the price of the Dnail!
I don't know if this is the issue
It's the only thing you are doing different to me so is all I can.poimt out

You'd think if it gets to the correct temperature it is the same as me turning mine to 999 to clean

Who knows ???

I only turn mine to 850f for cleaning since my first adapter blew and because @710 coils recommended staying on lower temps to prolong the life of the
heater coils...a mystery, I always say glass is consumable but this is a bit unusual...I didn't drop it!

I sent Brian at Dnail a message, we will see what happens.

For now, I will just reposition the WPA threaded parts so they are just grabbing each other to see if the extra small distance gained might help.

So does that PTFE (is that a type of ceramic or plastic/teflon?) live on the DNail WPA or in the dropdown (the freight cost looks prohibitive anyway).

Edit, freight would probably be cheaper than the 4 or 5 dropdowns I have blown

... on your drop down... i like it because it's low profile... might need pliers or a hook to get it out of the joint if it sits in long... i also like that it's low profile, it pretty much sits flush with the joint... you might be able to find one more locally, its a subliminator adapter... i assume it's made by subliminator?

I have the standard glass jobs,
1571477862167.png

But I like how the 18mm seems to sit sturdier than a 14mm joint, too good a connection I suppose.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back