Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Glass adapters

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Since there seems to be some interest in trying to get an adapter similar to the old Cloud Buddy, I thought I would move the conversation here.

Decided to clean it before the pics this time... :dog:

p3p9tHO.jpg

Now if you recall, I had broken my og Cloud Buddy. The original was 18mm throughout. The replacement has a 14mm male downstem. Imo this should be 18mm for more stability.

gOd1iv7.jpg
YLCjsoQ.jpg

And, of course, you'd need to have the stopper for the carb action. :wink:

nf46ueg.jpg

This adapter is my absolute favorite and I use it with all of my vapes that I use through water; not just for the EVO.
I've written to oregonglassblower and we'll see what happens. If he's not interested I have another person in mind that I will reach out to......

Any other questions? :smile:

Last edited:
Any other questions? :smile:

Yeah, when are you going to get them....jk! LOL

Looks great. I assume you use it with Enano with 18mm Gong? I have an 18 mm gong but use the 14 more. I can see with the bigger EVO needing more glass (I have a nice, very heavy, 65 mm can, stemless WP for this) to make it all stable.

I do like the design of it. Wonder why they quit offering them. Maybe a question for Seibo? Wow, that was such a good idea, I did it and sent in an inquiry! LOL

Ok, got this reply back from VXH:

JUL 18, 2017 | 02:48PM PDT
VapeXsupport replied:

XXXXX,

We had to discontinue the product for a few reasons, but one of the major reasons was that the EVO cannot really sit in the inverted position for more than 30 seconds or so.

We have had issues with the electronics.

THough a user can still invert the EVO, we only recommend inverting while pulling.

Thank you for reaching out!​

Sounds like people were just letting their EVO sit inverted allowing the heat to rise to the electronics in the bottom. Oh well...next stop is OGB....you going to contact him,
@momofthegoons ? I have ordered stock items from him, but don't have any relationship with him.

Last edited:
Sounds like people were just letting their EVO sit inverted allowing the heat to rise to the electronics in the bottom. Oh well...next stop is OGB....you going to contact him,
@momofthegoons ? I have ordered stock items from him, but don't have any relationship with him.
I have already heard back from Mike at oregonglassblowers and we should see him here soon. He was very positive about the idea of making these and said he has for several people. He usually charges $55.00 for them.

I'm also pretty sure he'll be open to any suggestions. He's a great guy.

Edit to add: He has been making these, off and on, for a while now. What he's proposed is that he'll make one and put it on his site so that we can easily link to it in our discussion. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have already heard back from Mike at oregonglassblowers and we should see him here soon. He was very positive about the idea of making these and said he has for several people. He usually charges $55.00 for them.

I'm also pretty sure he'll be open to any suggestions. He's a great guy.

Edit to add: He has been making these, off and on, for a while now. What he's proposed is that he'll make one and put it on his site so that we can easily link to it in our discussion. :thumbsup:
Way cool!

We had to discontinue the product for a few reasons, but one of the major reasons was that the EVO cannot really sit in the inverted position for more than 30 seconds or so.
So now we know the story why there is no more OG cloud buddy.

I think my version was formed a little bit differently than the OG cloud buddy. The joints are more noticeable and the main section is longer and had more inside volume. The two female sockets seem closer together also. If any of those should surface.

But essentially the same function. If I is sturdy enough to stack one EVO above the other like I have right now then we have match with mine.

If I is sturdy enough to stack one EVO above the other like I have right now then we have match with mine.

@Oregonglassblower pm'd me recently and he is still willing to make these. I believe he's working on one for me now and is going to be putting them on his website shortly. So sounds like we've got options. :biggrin:

It really is my favorite adapter. So versatile.

I have a cheap $15 adaptor I picked up & since I always break the stoppers I use old bowls that I plug with a small amount of glue. I have 18 & 14mm versions but it is a great value alternative.

VWhdqGah.jpg

@Oregonglassblower pm'd me recently and he is still willing to make these. I believe he's working on one for me now and is going to be putting them on his website shortly. So sounds like we've got options. :biggrin:

It really is my favorite adapter. So versatile.
Great, @momofthegoons. Drop a note when you get it (and its listed) and let us know how you like it. If it came out good, then I will buy one from him.

Thanks

I have my CB type adapter with the two EVOs in what is essentially a long column of glass with two heaters. :science: The halfway point being where both blend. :smug:
So the sidecar socket has the mouthpiece setup. The mouthpiece? an EQ elbow and an SSV wand held together with a ring of silicone. Not to heavy to bring down the tower of glass.

I'm amazed it stands as well as it does. My bottom EVO is on it's own platform. Which is a stand for a Colman stove propane tank.

So any opinions on how far spacing between the two top sockets (the bridge?) should be? I'm guessing that OG would be already ahead of us about things like the inside volume and considerations like drag. Judging by the adapters of theirs that I have looked at before.

I do like the barrel shape of the sidecar socket that looks like it would collect anything heavy.

I can squeeze my UD next to my EVO in the female sockets. Just not a safe practice. :yikes:

So @Baron23 do you/did you own any sort of CB? Curious what you might have in mind for it, if you never had one.

3.96 on dhgate
There is the 3 way joint. Would be good for certain functions where the CB couldn't make a good fit and visa versa. I'd even consider getting one to work with my CB. :goofy: Is that a sick thought to have?

I have my CB type adapter with the two EVOs in what is essentially a long column of glass with two heaters. :science: The halfway point being where both blend. :smug:
So the sidecar socket has the mouthpiece setup. The mouthpiece? an EQ elbow and an SSV wand held together with a ring of silicone. Not to heavy to bring down the tower of glass.

I'm amazed it stands as well as it does. My bottom EVO is on it's own platform. Which is a stand for a Colman stove propane tank.

So any opinions on how far spacing between the two top sockets (the bridge?) should be? I'm guessing that OG would be already ahead of us about things like the inside volume and considerations like drag. Judging by the adapters of theirs that I have looked at before.

I do like the barrel shape of the sidecar socket that looks like it would collect anything heavy.

I can squeeze my UD next to my EVO in the female sockets. Just not a safe practice. :yikes:

So @Baron23 do you/did you own any sort of CB? Curious what you might have in mind for it, if you never had one.

There is the 3 way joint. Would be good for certain functions where the CB couldn't make a good fit and visa versa. I'd even consider getting one to work with my CB. :goofy: Is that a sick thought to have?

I don't have a VXH Cloud Buddy but bought these two, which I believe we discussed in prior posts:

In 14 mm (and yes, its too damn expensive but its a nice piece)" http://www.planetvape.ca/megashot-glass-double-bowl-offset-adapter.html

In 18 mm: https://vapefiend.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=bridge+adapter

Inverted EVO.jpeg

I'm impressed there is a 14 mm out there. That might be a good candidate for VC or Log users.

I use the 14 mm with my Enano and its perfect. Seeing @momofthegoons video of her hitting an Enano off of a Cloud Buddy is what got me started. Yeah, I think its overpriced but it is one of my most prized adapters.

Mike from Oregonglassblower sent me the adapter he made and I've got to say it's got a few things I really like.... for one the 'reclaim' area is deeper. And I love the shape of the dropper top. :biggrin:

This one is pure 14mm. And I've asked him if he's willing to make these in 18mm. I think the larger mm might be a bit more appealing to you guys for the larger vapes like the EVO. But the 14mm he sent me is a solid little adapter... don't get me wrong.

Here it is next to the one I posted earlier in the thread. The one from Oregonglassblower is on the left.

dQey5X7.jpg

If you need any additional pictures of the new adapter, just let me know. :wink:

Edit to add: Just heard back from Mike and he is willing to make these in 18mm as well. He will be sending me the links for them within the next week and I'll post them up for you.

Last edited:
Niiiiccccceeeeee....:thumbsup:
It is an overall improvement over the OG. :twocents: I could get used to the top sockets being further apart than the one I own.
The inside volume and the joint work is ideal. IMHO. Even less drag than the OG, I'm presuming. Yes, I agree about the reclaim area and hand friendly dropper top make it tempting for me to buy a second one.

If you don't have one already, save up for this one. :cheeseburger:

Hi @momofthegoons - look forward to the links as I will order at least one. I have a 14 and 18 carbed adapter, but will most likely get another 14 mm cause I use it so much and I would like a bit of Mike's work.

So, somebody noted in a pic of me and my nano with carb'd adapter that I put the nano in the furthest joint and the cap in the closest. Makes sense to me and apparently also to Mike as its the furthest one that has the reclaim bucket.

Cheers

So, somebody noted in a pic of me and my nano with carb'd adapter that I put the nano in the furthest joint and the cap in the closest. Makes sense to me and apparently also to Mike as its the furthest one that has the reclaim bucket.
That's what I do as well. It keeps the vape away from my face.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back