Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Safety Glass on Glass safety

andreaerdna

hello everybody,

While using a Ti nail as a vapcap DIY glass adapter I noticed glass was scratching a little the 14mm Ti male adapter (black fine dust was stuck on glass female adapter)
This is normal as gong are not polished (to help with grip?), and due to this each time you put your gong in your water tool or pull it out they will sand each other a very little, but every time
Some of that glass dust is projected in environmental air when you pull out gong to clear and blowback pushes it outside glass adapter, some is filtered by water when using, some will be directly inhalated :confused:

I red that glass lab guys use grease when using gong connections :idea:, i do not know if this is true but in case this will not only improve the seal but will also trap any glass dust.

So, i am definitely using more my grinder grease with my water tools!

Stay safe :myday: and congrats to MOTG for creating this space!

hello everybody,

While using a Ti nail as a vapcap DIY glass adapter I noticed glass was scratching a little the 14mm Ti male adapter (black fine dust was stuck on glass female adapter)
This is normal as gong are not polished (to help with grip?), and due to this each time you put your gong in your water tool or pull it out they will sand each other a very little, but every time
Some of that glass dust is projected in environmental air when you pull out gong to clear and blowback pushes it outside glass adapter, some is filtered by water when using, some will be directly inhalated :confused:

I red that glass lab guys use grease when using gong connections :idea:, i do not know if this is true but in case this will not only improve the seal but will also trap any glass dust.

So, i am definitely using more my grinder grease with my water tools!

Stay safe :myday: and congrats to MOTG for creating this space!
I use chap stick or some kine petro base lubricunt!
FC186 with log (NANO) + GANGSTER KUSH = GHETTO CIVILIZED BLING

Sometimes, I use a dot of water on the sockets to get them to stick together. But still mindful of any sort of scraping when socketing them together. Believe they might be designed with that in mind.

Heat will cause glass to expand. I used to fuse the Adapters to the EQ's socket when I had the heat boosted. Heat stress another consideration.

I try to only use gentle tools when cleaning. A tube brush with a non metal wand. Scratched my HD with a tube brush with a metal wand.

Lately just heated up ISO will melt the reclaim from my dry glass with no friction involved. Then finish with boiled water. Water pieces add other types of problems where the more advanced cleaning methods are needed. PBW in rapid boiling water when only extreme measures will do.

I prefer dry over water anymore. Not just for the cleaning convenience alone. Also in taste, unfiltered effects and impact. But that's another topic. Anyway, AS far as this threads concern with glass safety, if you only go with dry, heating ISO - like I mentioned earlier, works. Mostly without getting into the area of having to rely on the advanced methods.
CITRUS ACID of any kine really = ph is your friend!
Even a drop of lemon juice in boiling water adds something to the mix. I do try straight citric acid as well.

Sometimes, I use a dot of water on the sockets to get them to stick together. But still mindful of any sort of scraping when socketing them together. Believe they might be designed with that in mind.

Heat will cause glass to expand. I used to fuse the Adapters to the EQ's socket when I had the heat boosted. Heat stress another consideration.

I try to only use gentle tools when cleaning. A tube brush with a non metal wand. Scratched my HD with a tube brush with a metal wand.

Lately just heated up ISO will melt the reclaim from my dry glass with no friction involved. Then finish with boiled water. Water pieces add other types of problems where the more advanced cleaning methods are needed. PBW in rapid boiling water when only extreme measures will do.

I prefer dry over water anymore. Not just for the cleaning convenience alone. Also in taste, unfiltered effects and impact. But that's another topic. Anyway, AS far as this threads concern with glass safety, if you only go with dry, heating ISO - like I mentioned earlier, works. Mostly without getting into the area of having to rely on the advanced methods.
Even a drop of lemon juice in boiling water adds something to the mix. I do try straight citric acid as well.
Everyone in my life is a clean freak i clean my glass 2x per day?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back