Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Grow Problems

pxl_jockey

This is the place for random problems that might pop up during the growing process, especially when you have an issue that doesn’t fall neatly into an existing category. And I just happen to have a dilemma to kick it off:

I’m about to start flushing my last two so getting close and I went out to check things out this morning, my exhaust fan is dead and it’s 88*F, the walls of the tent are dripping and there was a very subtle fertiliser odour when I went in the garage. The fan is new and I fully expect to get a replacement when I call later this morning, but I also expect my garage to be reeking fairly good while I wait for it. I have the tent doors partially open to get the temps lower but is this something I can bounce back from, or did those high temps and high humidity ruin my crop?

EDIT: dawned on me that the chemically smell was from evaporated nutrients in the coco and runoff from yesterday’s watering. Checked the coco and it was super dry :ugh: so they were watered earlier than usual.

EDIT #2: Probably a lot of essential oils and terpenes evaporated as well...:disgust:

Last edited:
I'd keep the tent zipped open a bit to let some of that heat out but I'd also get a fan today. If the plants look good you shouldn't have had any adverse effects especially if you correct the issue right away. Excessive heat generally will cause buds to foxtail with prolonged exposure. The terpenes should always be generating so long as the plant is living and healthy. Check the aroma in the tent right after lights on, all should be stinky =)

Yessirs, I calmed down and thought about it once I got more coffee in me. Tent is partially unzipped, two small fans pulling fresh air & circulating it, and a replacement will be here tomorrow morning. Smell isn’t too bad with the garage door closed and the garage itself is detached and out of the way. Had to realise that’s all I can do about it for now. The plants look great, so no worries there; I guess I found them soon enough after the failure. Being so obsessive about this has its benefits, I check on my babies several times a day!

Yessirs, I calmed down and thought about it once I got more coffee in me. Tent is partially unzipped, two small fans pulling fresh air & circulating it, and a replacement will be here tomorrow morning. Smell isn’t too bad with the garage door closed and the garage itself is detached and out of the way. Had to realise that’s all I can do about it for now. The plants look great, so no worries there; I guess I found them soon enough after the failure. Being so obsessive about this has its benefits, I check on my babies several times a day!
And this is why we check them several times a day...good call, @pxl_jockey . I'm glad you were able to get through it. I can only imagine that initial horror and panic, the industry needed to evaluate and correct, and the relief when it wasn't as bad as feared. Gardening makes us brave. It is not for the faint of heart. Good job, and I look forward to updates.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back