Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapes no longer in production
No grasshopper there grasshopper, only a charge cable.:thumbsup:

hl.jpg

This is my current experience with my rma warranty claim

See the inconsistency with your experience and possible explanation @elykpeace

It's sad how trapped they are with the lifetime warranty. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time but holy shit.

That warranty looks to have completely hamstrung their business plan and if they go under will be a large part of it. Although their design and over-confidence/inflexibility in that design didn't help.

And I really hate that different customers can have such profoundly different experiences with the RMA process.

I'd imagine that without the warranty sales would plummet.

It's sad how trapped they are with the lifetime warranty. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time but holy shit.

That warranty looks to have completely hamstrung their business plan and if they go under will be a large part of it. Although their design and over-confidence/inflexibility in that design didn't help.

And I really hate that different customers can have such profoundly different experiences with the RMA process.

I'd imagine that without the warranty sales would plummet.
money talks my friend. i basically paid to have mine fixed and paid for priority shipping both ways.

the lifetime warranty seems to be most peoples complaint. they should have an expedited service plan for like 20$ including the return shipping.

money talks my friend. i basically paid to have mine fixed and paid for priority shipping both ways.

the lifetime warranty seems to be most peoples complaint. they should have an expedited service plan for like 20$ including the return shipping.
If you read my posts money does not talk

I paid for all the express etc too

It's a dodgy company with inconsistent behaviour

@duff
It is not sad imo about the lifetime guarantee
It is the only saving grace they have....

The item was so faulty it needed a guarantee to be viable

Also your point makes no sense as every vape has some form of warranty and GH fail in the first year or earlier if they are going to so the warranty and returns would be exactly the same

What is sad is that the company put shit out without testing properly and are so shit at CS and repair times that we are all in this position

Best vape going when works
Shittest company out of all the vape world....

It is the only saving grace they have
Exactly!

The item was so faulty it needed a guarantee to be
Exactly!

every vape has some form of warranty and GH fail in the first year or earlier if they are going to so the warranty and returns would be exactly the same
Exactly, sort of...not sure i understand this one totally. One year is quite different than lifetime.

the company put shit out without testing properly and are so shit at CS and repair times
Exactly.

We seem to agree!

The item was so faulty it needed a guarantee to be viable

I do rather agree with this ^^

Exactly, sort of...not sure i understand this one totally. One year is quite different than lifetime.

I think the point is that say that they had a three year warranty...I believe that early shipments would still be covered under that period and certainly recent shipments would be. So, RMA load would the same...no?

I do rather agree with this ^^

I think the point is that say that they had a three year warranty...I believe that early shipments would still be covered under that period and certainly recent shipments would be. So, RMA load would the same...no?

Exactly......

Twas my point

i couldnt be without mine. i really hope they can get it together

Yup, me too
Love my hopper
No love for HL

They like to take your money quickly
They do not like to quickly give products or services

@duff - what @Baron23 said....

Lifetime warranty (whose life, HL the company?), maybe Haze should have tried that, might have made more money before going under.:thumbsup:

Lifetime warranty (whose life, HL the company?), maybe Haze should have tried that, might have made more money before going under.:thumbsup:
Oh yer I reckon when/if they go under we all get to hold our pen looking devices with lights and remember when they heated shit too....
Hoping the recent models are the fix after months of my working hopper has given me hope

Oh yer I reckon when/if they go under we all get to hold our pen looking devices with lights and remember when they heated shit too....
Hoping the recent models are the fix after months of my working hopper has given me hope
I think if they were going to run out of money and disappear it would've happend already. People were saying they'd be gone 3 years ago.

I think if they were going to run out of money and disappear it would've happend already. People were saying they'd be gone 3 years ago.
Not necessarily
They could be scraping along
I still haven't received my engraved case
I mean the charger they use excuse isn't ready
Both were paid for more than 3 quarters of a year ago promising every month
But the case has no tech in it it to test etc
It looks like they are just taking money on stuff they haven't got to try and cover warranty claims and keep afloat hoping to get on top of it all
They may get this done and come good or they may still go under
Other companies have done such things for ever with varying results

I hope they get their shit together

They still have not sent my case
I got a refund for the charger as my nitecore does the job
They still have my other hopper in warranty waiting list
They deny other people getting theirs back so quickly as stated above

My current hopper is still cruising along nicely and I am loving it through water

I have a spare body

I have a hopper waiting to be fixed and returned

Let's hope my current hopper keeps going strong as has done for months now

Let's hope I get my other one back soon and it works as good as this one with newer version parts

Let's hope they manage to finally pull it off and get things on track as it should be CS and Product wise....

PSA from Reddit folks. Things could get much better or worse. Who knows?

View attachment 7689
Hmmmm
I have been giving them stick about the lack of truthful communication and lack of presence on vape sites and that they would know how ppl feel if they did as the general consensus is not good

Hopefully they change for the better, but who knows with this lot

Let's just hope they don't lose all our hoppers in the move

I also hope they get their shit together because I want one but don't want the RMA problems that come with it.

My understanding is that the founders are still working for the company so its not totally clear what "under new management" means in this case. Well, since they are the ones that have brought us this miserable company performance for a very long time, I don't care if they are there...as long as they ain't Captain of the ship anymore.

This company badly needs some fresh focus, energy, and just some good standard practices.

By the by, the reason that companies do continuous reliability/maintainability/testibility/availability improvement programs is that, if done right, it is CHEAPER than the alternatives of endless RMAs and resulting customer dissatisfaction and lost sales.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how they have managed to ignore the 800 lb gorilla of reliability/testability issues for this long without correcting them. Of course, they really only blow happy smoke at us via the occasional IG or blog post....never any real details that would assure the buying community that they have their issues under control.

Hi guys – ok, this is a long post but hopefully interesting to GH owners and vaporists considering a GH.

Here is the back story. I had sent two GHs back on RMA, each under their own RMA number as you have to create them in their website’s support tab against the specific serial number of the device. Last week they notified me, in ONE of the RMA tickets, that ONE of them was shipping back to me (supposedly repaired).

The box arrived on Friday and when opened, to my surprise, both GHs, MP, charger, batteries where in the box. That is, both the one they said they were sending back and the other one which they didn't say they were sending back.

So, I used them last night. The one they said that they were sending back (and did) worked ok. Not as good as the performance of my OG GH, but I ran the session at 4.2 and finished it at 5 and the AVB was nice and brown and the vapor was acceptable. As an aside, my OG GH performance was outstanding...I would run at 4.1 and rarely needed to go above this to get nice full extraction. But, nonetheless, the performance of the returned GH was acceptable and not something I think I can send it back for improvement. All good, right?

So, then I ran the other one...my OG GH....for which they did NOT say in the RMA ticket that it was ready and that they were sending it back. Performance seems to be just as it was when I sent it. Running it max'd on 5, I got Volcano poo looking AVB at best....still more green than I would accept from any other vape and the vapor was on the thin side. Pretty much as I remember when I sent it back.

I did, upon their approval, send both GHs under the two RMAs, back in a single box. I suspect that they fixed one of them and then someone just packed up everything in the bin for my stuff and sent it back and that the other GH had not been actually service. But, this is just suspicion and I do find vape performance to be a very subjective observation so I can't prove it (and can hardly remember it as it was a bit ago).

So, being excited about my recent AVB pics and what they showed, I decided to run both with the same herb (LA Chocolate by Gleaf), and both at temp 5, and take macro pics of the AVB. I have a cheapo USB microscope that you have seen me use to post bud shots and the like. I was recently asked to take pics of ground bud and then the resulting AVB and I did so...it was very illuminating. For example, I have heard some folks distain to grind their bud as they feel that they are damaging the trichs too much. Well, in these pics, I used a BCG w fine plate and yes, you can see where they are a bit twisted up but far from being damaged or at least they are still good with me.

So, I plan to do the same with the GH AVB.

Below is some macros of LA Chocolate from GLeaf after it was ground and the AVB that resulted in my EVO at about 1 o'clock on the dial. Its easy to see in these pics whether its been fully extracted (it was def) or not. This EVO AVB is the bench standard for this little test. It’s the baseline for comparison. Now, the EVO is a plugged in hammer of a vape while the GH is a very small form factor portable, so while I use the EVO AVB as an example of complete extraction, I really didn’t expect to them to meet or exceed the EVO…but I did expect them to come close.

GLeaf LA Chocolate Ground Bud
upload_2019-7-1_14-27-39.jpeg

upload_2019-7-1_14-27-57.jpeg

LA Chocolate AVB from the EVO (love that vape)
upload_2019-7-1_14-28-21.jpeg

upload_2019-7-1_14-28-33.jpeg

Now on to the GHs.

I got some somewhat surprising results.

This is the AVB from the one they contacted me to ship back and which I therefore assume was actually fixed. Killed the load in 4 draws (I believe...maybe did a 5th just to make sure it was as done as possible) at temp 5. Drew until I wasn't getting anything further.

Now, not quite as good as the EVO AVB, but the EVO is a horse of a vape and is not a portable so that needs to be taken into account, I believe. But, a lot more stalks left than with the EVO.

NOTE AGAIN: all of this testing was done with the same exact ground flower. LA Chocolate to be exact (wow, it’s really nice stuff at 28% THC). Also, all sesh's were done with a PFE in an FC-188 as I believe through glass I can really honk on a vape and get the best results possible for this type of testing.

Fixed GH AVB (that is, this is from the one that they said that they fixed). Not bad. Four good draws really killed the load but I took one more to give the AVB every opportunity to look good. Still more trichome stalks left then when compared to the EVO, but I’m not sure I can complain about this result.
upload_2019-7-1_14-29-40.jpeg

upload_2019-7-1_14-30-4.jpeg

I believe NOT fixed GH AVB

Now, here is the AVB from my OG GH which they did not contact me about sending back but which appeared in the box with the other one. Vapor was distinctly weaker...actually, just call it weak. I took 7 draws on it until no vapor left and it was as done as it was going to get. I actually expected it to look worse than this but I do believe that this is definitely not as good as the one they said that they fixed AND I don’t think this level of trichome extraction is acceptable.

upload_2019-7-1_14-30-26.jpeg

upload_2019-7-1_14-30-38.jpeg

To me, the OG GH AVB is really not as good as the one above which I believe was fixed (although I still get flickering blue lights when drawing except when set on temp 5...dunno wtf that is about).

So, guys....what do you think?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back