Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapes no longer in production
I think you are guessing correctly and they only fixed one of them
They must have accidentally sent them both back
If you can be bothered to wait I would maybe send the non working one back

My working GH is still going strong ATM
Although sometimes I need to put a fresh battery in to make it work properly even though it is not yet drained

My GH in RMA is still with them and they have had it pushing towards 12 months
Not impressed

I got a refund for my SS engraved case and charger that had not arrived and I ordered a year ago or more

Great vape when working, love it and use daily

Shitest company ever.....

FWIW I received a notice that my GH which has been at Hopper Labs since April 30th 2018 is now in the final stages of testing. Have a second Hopper that hasn't worked in nearly as long sitting in my closet and is unstiffening the official leather sleeve lol. I don't even like leather. Maybe I can use that Hopper as a battery charger someday lol. Still waiting on that fast charger and SS case that I preordered in fall 2017. Been so long now that I just can't do anything but laugh about it, you know?

But to be fair, the idea of using a Hopper again makes me tingly. In my crotchular region.:thumbsup:

Ok, sent them this today....dunno why I waste my time...sigh.

Dear Hopper – wow, this is kind of strange but let me see if I can make it clear.

I own two Ti Bronze GH, serial numbers GT001671 and GT006923.

Both of these received service once before and came back to me running unacceptably cold. Cold to the point that I would not waste my flower in them.

So, I opened two new RMA’s, #13299759 for serial number GT001671 and #63048978 for serial number GT006923, both being returned for running to cool.

I received notice to send them back with instructions on what to include. I communicated with you to see if it was acceptable to ship both GH back in a single box, specifically:

- I plan to ship both GH’s back in a single box to save shipping costs. I will individually pack each GH in its own bag within this box. The box will show both RMA reference numbers on the outside and each bag within the box will be labeled with the appropriate RMA reference number for that unit. Is this acceptable?​

Hopper replied:

- Yes that is great!​

So, I shipped them both back to you for service.

I then received notification that serial number GT006923, under RMA #63048978 was repaired and ready to ship back. There was no notification or indication of status at all on my other GH, serial number GT001671, under RMA #13299759. Coupled with the fact that there were no updates to RMA #13299759, I could only assume that my older GH was still in the queue for repair.

I receive the box from you a week ago, opened it, and to my shock I found both GHs in there.

After testing, it appears that the GH about which I was notified was fixed, serial number GT006923, under RMA #63048978, was indeed repaired.

However, after testing, my other old GH, serial number GT001671, under RMA #13299759 does not appear to be fixed and seems to run as cold as it did when I sent it back to you.

I do use a USB microscope to take very close macro pictures of the trichomes of my flower. I used this microscope on the AVB from both of these GHs and this seemed to confirm my subjective test results, specifically that serial number GT001671, under RMA #13299759 is still running unacceptably cold (and IMO, its performance is exactly as it was when I sent it back for repair). If you want to see these pics, I will be glad to attach them at your request.

It seems to me that one of two things happened; either Hopper Labs finds cold running GHs acceptable and hence shipped it back to me intentionally or, more likely, when shipping back the repaired GT006923, under RMA #63048978 whoever packed up the repaired GH just packed up the entire bin of my stuff and sent me back on GH that was repaired and one that was not.

I note that in this RMA, there is no mention of any activity on GT001671 and I’ll bet it still shows as being in your facility and that you will not be able to find it, because you shipped it back to me.

By the by, all testing was done at Temp Level 5. Anything less was a waste of time. Even the GH that you did intentionally send back to me, GT006923, and which I am willing to accept as I’m tired of the Hopper Labs waltz, is only acceptable when at Temp Level 5 and so there is no headroom for temperature at all which is a bit dissappointing and is less than what I had with my OG GH before its first failure.

Please advise.

Thank you.

FWIW I received a notice that my GH which has been at Hopper Labs since April 30th 2018 is now in the final stages of testing. Have a second Hopper that hasn't worked in nearly as long sitting in my closet and is unstiffening the official leather sleeve lol. I don't even like leather. Maybe I can use that Hopper as a battery charger someday lol. Still waiting on that fast charger and SS case that I preordered in fall 2017. Been so long now that I just can't do anything but laugh about it, you know?

But to be fair, the idea of using a Hopper again makes me tingly. In my crotchular region.:thumbsup:
I am still waiting for my rma hopper to be working and returned
I sent mine a couple months after you so I guess I still ha e a wait to go

I gave up on the fast charger and ss case and got a refund just recently as I thought it was ridiculous to be still waiting for more than 12 months for a paid item

My working hopperhas been going strong now for nearly a year now and I am still using it daily

Love my GH
Really have no time or love for HL

Want my other hopper back asap

Are these things still selling? If yes, are the new models now reliable or is this ship heading toward a gloomy end?:uhoh:

Are these things still selling? If yes, are the new models now reliable or is this ship heading toward a gloomy end?:uhoh:
They still sell them

I can't promise they are reliable
Too many issues including my other one

My one in RMA is the second hand one I got and it only worked for a month intermittently, I think I got ripped on fc and it was already on the way out and it was an older model

The one I have now that has been working for almost a year no issues is the latest model as far as I know - it was a new body they sent by accident and I kept as they are not a good company and a new back end I bought to go with it plus the pfe I bought

So I think it is all current and has been running for almost a year with great clouds
I use it on 3.5. - 4, much higher will leave ABV too black

My mate has had one for nearly two years no issues

You only get about 2 or maybe 3 full chambers out of a battery

So I won't say they are all reliable as ppl have lots of different experience

The company sucks arse and will always honour the warranty but it takes forever to get it back

Don't buy extras that are not yet finished production as you wait as long as the rma

But if you luck out and receive one of the new ones - they seem to be running ATM

Im near a year in and my mate near 2....

It does milk the bong better and thicker than any of my vapes
LSV and then WS maybe 2nd to it for smoke like thickness

Company sucks
Battery life low

If you were to buy I would get at least 2 spare batteries and a PFE

No need for any other extras that may not arrive

Last edited:
Thanks @felvapes, I doubt I will ever bother getting one, just too risky this far from warranty support, I was just wondering if the latest version was 'fixed' and if there was light at the end of the tunnel for all the RMA owners.:thumbsup:

Thanks @felvapes, I doubt I will ever bother getting one, just too risky this far from warranty support, I was just wondering if the latest version was 'fixed' and if there was light at the end of the tunnel for all the RMA owners.:thumbsup:
As I said I believe I'm running on the latest version and it works amazing
Baron above has received a return that works but has to run on 5 - that doesn't mean it's all new parts as they seem all over the shop on rma's

New hopper "seems" to be fixed

Super happy to own one, I never recommend people get one if they only can afford one or two vapes
But if they can afford multiple and have good back ups I say it is a nice vape to use and own

The lsv gives good cloud too for more reliability
Just not quite as thick and quick to finish bowl

Hopper Labs replied:

"We are happy to remedy this for you as there must have been a mistake. Do you want to send the one unit in for now?

It was everything I could do not to reply "yeah, no shit and yeah, of course I want to send it back...its just a paperweight now" LOL

I was polite and said yes, I want to send it back and left of the "and fucking fix it right this time, you bloody damn wankers" haha...think "wanker" is such a good expletive! haha

I'm in shock...quick review. OG GH worked PERFECTLY for 18 months. TBH, I really did get my $$ worth with that baby. Bought another one. Both failed and were sent back in. Both were returned running too cold. Both were returned again. Then I got a notice that the new GH was shipping back to me. However, in the box were both of my Hoppers and the OG GH, which was not supposed to be fixed yet was indeed not. So, mid July I sent the OG one that was mistakenly sent back to me.

And here on 21 Aug they tell me my OG GH is ready to ship back to me. We will see....we will see how well it works. The first one that was returned is usable but far from perfect. I have to run it at Temp 5 for it to really work well and while it works good with a J hook, it won't really milk an FC-188 like the OG did. But it is usable.

I'm hoping this one...the OG one...runs a bit hotter...like it did when I first got it (please, please, please vape gods).

I also got the "if you want anything else, put it in your cart and we will give you free shipping and ship it back with your GH" offer. All I want is batteries but they are out of stock. So, I put four into my cart and asked them if they can fulfill them...cause I don't want to lay out $56 and sit around waiting for them to get batteries in stock.

I did get this:

"Your Hopper is now in final testing. We've upgraded problem components to our newest versions and are now ensuring the device operates properly. At this time we require every user to verify their address is correct and there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. You must reply to this message in order for your Hopper to be sent out.
Like I said, we will see. They said this the last time and I still have flickering blue lights when drawing and like I said, Temp 5.

What I don't get is what's up with the folks who have been waiting like 11 months or more for their RMA hoppers. Do people still have devices with them that have been out that approx length of time?

My hopper is still with them going on towards a year
I will check my emails and hassle them again after your post

My hopper that is working and has been perfectly since I got it (should be all new stuff inside) has the flickering blue lights
As does the spare new body I have
Maybe this is a new design ?

The hopper I got from fc 2nd hand and I sent back for repair is as I said almost a year in their possession

Love my hopper dearly and use it regularly
Best bong vape I own

Really have absolutely no time for HL
I bought some batteries a while back too and am waiting for them to be "back in stock"

I cancelled and got a refund for the fast charger and SS engraved case as I paid over a year ago for and never received

I miss my GH at times. It was very quick to extract and always thick clouds .. I'm glad I got to own/use one for aroud a year.

Herbalizer has been treating me well . GH is too unreliable . Anyone who still has one from Kickstarter or whatever just doesn't use it as often as I used mine. Around 8 months of HARD use for me

My hopper is still with them going on towards a year
You, Vapviking, Vaporific, and a number of others. I have NO idea why some of us get...well, certainly not fast turn around but somewhat reasonable and measured in a couple/few months and others have clocked in a YEAR!! I often wonder if for the people waiting that long if Hopper just plain lost the vapes (as their control processes seem to leave a lot to be desired) and they are just dancing around the subject. I mean, WTF can possibly take a year? sigh

You, Vapviking, Vaporific, and a number of others. I have NO idea why some of us get...well, certainly not fast turn around but somewhat reasonable and measured in a couple/few months and others have clocked in a YEAR!! I often wonder if for the people waiting that long if Hopper just plain lost the vapes (as their control processes seem to leave a lot to be desired) and they are just dancing around the subject. I mean, WTF can possibly take a year? sigh
You forgot @EveryDayAmnesiac in that statement. He's been waiting since April of 2018 for his replacement. And hasn't said he's gotten it yet. Plus he said he preordered the SS case and fast charger back in the fall of 2017 and crickets.

I can honestly say that in all of my years of being active in the vaporizer industry/world, I've never seen or heard of a company this disorganized and that had worse customer service.

I finally got an email on the 6th stating my hopper was in final testing stages and I had to message to confirm my address
I logged in and checked the message
Supposedly my GH is now repaired and they are testing it
They say if I want extras I can get now with free shipping with the hopper
I confirmed my address and asked if I could get a silicone mp free as I had paid for batteries recently and paid for post but they haven't been sent yet

I asked for it all to come together

We will see what happens
Hopefully within a few weeks I will have my hopper returned and see how it runs compared to the one I've been using solid now for a long while

I finally got an email on the 6th stating my hopper was in final testing stages and I had to message to confirm my address
I logged in and checked the message
Supposedly my GH is now repaired and they are testing it
They say if I want extras I can get now with free shipping with the hopper
I confirmed my address and asked if I could get a silicone mp free as I had paid for batteries recently and paid for post but they haven't been sent yet

I asked for it all to come together

We will see what happens
Hopefully within a few weeks I will have my hopper returned and see how it runs compared to the one I've been using solid now for a long while
Sorry brother but shouldnt ask HL to send everything together. I don't see the batteries coming in anytime soon

Sorry brother but shouldnt ask HL to send everything together. I don't see the batteries coming in anytime soon
I asked to send with my hopper
I don't see them soon either with the batteries
I already paid for postage on the batteries anyway
I asked for the silicone mp for free to make up for paying for post on batteries and the time waited for my hopper so could they chuck it in with it.
I listed everything in my message to them ie front end/hopper/backend/battery it got sent with it
That's what I meant by it all come together, I didn't make that very clear in my last post

Will see if they cough up a cover or not and hopefully I get it back soon

Hopefully we all see the batteries one day soon enough

I got my hopper the day after my last post

I have been testing it for a few days

It is not working properly
The battery they returned is not working - even in my good hopper
The hopper they returned does make vapour unlike when I sent it in
But it doesn't work all the time
In fact it hardly works

If I draw too hard on the bong I get the cop.lights flashing and it cuts out

If I draw really lightly on my best battery I can make it work
Tastes great but I want it to work as it should not because I can fiddle around and make it work

So a bit pissed as they have had my hopper since December last year and I finally get it back not working

My one I bought new has and is working solidly for pretty much a year now

But this one is still not working and I will most likely have to send it back again

I have emailed them and reopened the warranty claim sending a message

Hopefully they fix it straight away and don't try to fuck me waiting another 9-10 months to get it back

Glad I still have my workhorse GH kicking arse on the bong

Pissed at this shit though

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back