Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapes no longer in production
Would you not think that with all the problems they've had... that they would have tested the damn thing before sending it back out? Especially with the postage expense?

Unbelievable. I'm having a hard time figuring out how they are still in business.
They supposedly do test them before returning

It does make vapour now
I think they didn't test it through a bong tbh

It kinda would work native coz you don't draw so hard

But who owns a hopper for anything but the bong?
I have better dry vapes

And it needs to work as it once did

Shocking quality control on their behalf

I think they are staying afloat selling shit they haven't made yet

I got a refund for the case and charger after a year waiting
We are all waiting for new batteries

Not impressed with HL at all

Really love my working hopper
I hope it keeps working strong

Hope I get my other one working sometime soon
Bastards

You can only hope...
Yup
And I do....lol
I forgot how hard a GH really hits
For two days I used GHs exclusively and was rather floaty I must say

I only want my 2nd one to work so badly as the other one is the goods
And it's only as good as long as the batteries last
Once they go until they send us our paid for new ones my hopper will be useless even if working

I'll come back here at some point and leave more updates on the saga that is the hopper RMA once they reply

These tales of whoa make me glad I never bought one.

Same as the ghost and the rbt vapes. The reviews can be scary.

I hate returning stuff, sometimes I just pitch things instead of adding to my frustrations. Cut and run, lol.
I've only had troubles with one I got 2nd hand from fc

I think it was on the way out and I got ripped off

The issues I've had is with the RMA after transferring the warranty

I got them to send free a body for free and I bought a back end
So I have two hoppers now
The one I got new off them has worked flawlessly for a year
So latest model parts and new
My friend has one that has worked for 2 years from new

The one I got from FC worked for me kind of for two months and died and has been with HL more time than with me

They may have got the new ones down, but are trying to fix.old.ones unsuccessfully instead of just replacing them for people and cutting their losses

They'd make more money helping customers if they have a decent product finally and earning a good reputation for CS and a new product
But it is all a shambles

I also got turned off the ghost from reviews

So Hopper Labs has been awful in both the reliability of their product and their CS.

Despite touting greatly enhanced testing capability, I truly think that that they a fault isolation problem, a parts interchangeability problem, and a testability problem.

So, fault isolation.....good god, there were reams of posts on FC about what this or that indication means. Almost to the point of throwing the bones and reading the tea leaves. They replace parts but it seems that they really can't nail down the issues and release RMA units that just don't work properly.

Parts interchangeability issues are very apparent as they send out this body or that back end and we try swapping parts around and maybe it helps and often it doesn't. This is down to design engineering and QA of sub-assemblies. It just appears you cannot bolt three random parts togehter (MP, body, back end) and be assured of a properly working device.

And yes, they appear to have a final testing issue that seemingly can't properly discriminate between a properly operating unit and one that doesn't. We who have received GHs back from RMA still with fault indications or not proper operation can attest to this shortcoming.

They say that they are repairing all units with the latest and greatest parts.....given what I have seen of user experiences this is kind of hard to swallow.

One of their biggest failures is their refusal to directly communicate with the community in any real sense. Their occasional email blog type updates don't fill this bill, IMO. At this point in time, if they did ever show up on a forum, they may well get a very clear....but uncomfortable....picture of what user's think of them as a company.

Their CS sucks and has sucked. Communication on tickets is minimal and sparse at best. And, there are definite cases where an RMA will come back to one user in a month or two while others have waited over a year just to get back an improperly operating device. This is absolutely insane.

My OG GH worked great for 18 months. Truly loved the device. Then cop lights. Had another GH and it ran cool to the point that I would waste flower in it. Both returned for RMAs, both sent back not fixed, rinse and repeat.

Where I am now is one GH is barely acceptable. It will NOT milk a can (and they should when operating correctly, IMO and IME) and must be run full out on temp 5 to get anything out of it. I can use it with the native MP and get sort of a session, but I'm not happy with the degree of extraction.

The OG GH, after a few run arounds, is finally working and working very well. Very hot GH. I can now run on 3.5 where originally I would run it at 4 - 4.1 or so. So, I have head room on the temp if needed. It does blue flicker but only on the first draw....have no idea why. Also, sometimes when clicking off...well, you need to do it firmly and not too quickly, otherwise it goes to red lights and I have to click it a second time to turn it off.

A book can be written about an "after action report" on Hopper from kickstarter to now. I mean, can you imagine this being used as an example in a business class. At least it would be interesting, I think. haha

Last edited:
You forgot @EveryDayAmnesiac in that statement. He's been waiting since April of 2018 for his replacement. And hasn't said he's gotten it yet. Plus he said he preordered the SS case and fast charger back in the fall of 2017 and crickets.

I meant to mention this a while back but forgot. To be fair, my Hopper RMA from April 2018 is supposedly fixed. However, I, perhaps stupidly, told them to wait to send it with my battery order, as I don't much see the point of testing it without new batteries. Then the battery fiasco happened. Sigh.

Still need to send my other Hopper back for repairs but am waiting until the return time gets better. I bought them both around the same time, so don't expect one of the fast turnarounds that have been reported. Sigh.

Sorry brother but shouldnt ask HL to send everything together. I don't see the batteries coming in anytime soon

Exactly lol.

Despite all the trouble, I do miss my Hopper in a longing sort of way lol. When it worked, I was crazy about it. There's simply something fun about it that I don't get from
other vapes - except for my Heat Islands, of course. :biggrin:

Hopefully, with Hopper Labs reaching out, to some extent, on other forums will mean they will make a presence here.

And yep, still have my SS case and the fast charger on order from late 2017. After two fucking years, I'm just going to let it go and hold out with a little hope. Perhaps tragic, tragic, idiotic hope lol. :shakehead:

I meant to mention this a while back but forgot. To be fair, my Hopper RMA from April 2018 is supposedly fixed. However, I, perhaps stupidly, told them to wait to send it with my battery order, as I don't much see the point of testing it without new batteries. Then the battery fiasco happened. Sigh.

Still need to send my other Hopper back for repairs but am waiting until the return time gets better. I bought them both around the same time, so don't expect one of the fast turnarounds that have been reported. Sigh.

Exactly lol.

Despite all the trouble, I do miss my Hopper in a longing sort of way lol. When it worked, I was crazy about it. There's simply something fun about it that I don't get from
other vapes - except for my Heat Islands, of course. :biggrin:

Hopefully, with Hopper Labs reaching out, to some extent, on other forums will mean they will make a presence here.

And yep, still have my SS case and the fast charger on order from late 2017. After two fucking years, I'm just going to let it go and hold out with a little hope. Perhaps tragic, tragic, idiotic hope lol. :shakehead:
I love my working hopper

I sent my returned RMA back as it didn't work properly
Hoping I don't wait another year to get it back

I got a refund on my SS case and charger

I am also waiting on batteries, I will wait for these though as I will need them in the future for my working hopper anyway

I have a number of vapes I love
My working hopper is pretty much the best on a bong I have though

Sounds like HL have some batteries in stock, get em before they are gone!

Sounds like HL have some batteries in stock, get em before they are gone!
Already paid for.mine a while back only thing I didn't get a refund on as I knew I'd need them
Hopefully they should arrive soon
They have my hopper I sent back again now and I said I want the battery they sent back replaced too as it was dead
I hope I get my 2nd hopper back soon and working

Well, with the batteries back in stock, I received the ones I paid for a couple months ago, as well as my SS Hopper that had been at Hopper Labs since April 2018. Been using the Hopper since Monday and much to my delight it is working like a champ.

I'd forgotten the way a working GH hits - harder than any vape I've ever used personally.

I usually prefer a gentler approach, but when it's the right time, the GH effect is perfect.

If they do a decent black Friday sale, I might even buy a third one. :mental:

I sure hope Hopper Labs have turned a corner here and can start catching up on that RMA list and get that case and battery charger items finalized. I don't know why, but I'm rooting for them. :nod:

Well, with the batteries back in stock, I received the ones I paid for a couple months ago, as well as my SS Hopper that had been at Hopper Labs since April 2018. Been using the Hopper since Monday and much to my delight it is working like a champ.

I'd forgotten the way a working GH hits - harder than any vape I've ever used personally.

I usually prefer a gentler approach, but when it's the right time, the GH effect is perfect.

If they do a decent black Friday sale, I might even buy a third one. :mental:

I sure hope Hopper Labs have turned a corner here and can start catching up on that RMA list and get that case and battery charger items finalized. I don't know why, but I'm rooting for them. :nod:
The only reason I want them to turn it all around is because they have such a good product when it works properly
On a bong it is a beast
I'd love to not own two hoppers that one day may die with no replacement

But I still have no love for the company or how they choose to do business

I hope I get my batteries and 2nd hopper back soon

Glad you have a successful outcome for now

Must resist...must wait...must I?...

Must resist...must wait...must I?...
All I can say is that my one working hopper is the one I bought of new parts
It has been going strong for a year now

The one I have had issues with and sent back from RMA was the 2nd hand one I got from FC

So they didn't fix my old one properly yet
But the brand new one has been going strong for close on 12 months of near daily use

If you do cave and buy one get a PFE for the bong and about 4 spare batteries at least while they are in stock

You would love a working hopper @LesPlenty , it's just the known risk you take

Glad I resisted, HL just had a fire in their w/shop and have told all new owners to ditch most of the new batteries (gloss wrap GHB2 Made in China ones), so the Hopper is in the wastelands again, probably forever this time as they said a lot of custom manufacturing equipment was damaged along with a heap of RMA and new orders being destroyed.
So I hope the lifetime warranty is not up as this looked like a great unit.
There is one bit of good news, an aftermarket supplier has been working on (now been tested for a couple of months) an AC back end that replaces the battery with a cable for a nice little desktop, not the best news but at least you can still use the device.

Glad I resisted, HL just had a fire in their w/shop and have told all new owners to ditch most of the new batteries (gloss wrap GHB2 Made in China ones), so the Hopper is in the wastelands again, probably forever this time as they said a lot of custom manufacturing equipment was damaged along with a heap of RMA and new orders being destroyed.
So I hope the lifetime warranty is not up as this looked like a great unit.
There is one bit of good news, an aftermarket supplier has been working on (now been tested for a couple of months) an AC back end that replaces the battery with a cable for a nice little desktop, not the best news but at least you can still use the device.
Fuck me dead
I better get a replacement hopper for my one I just sent back
And want my batteries or a refund

It is good news about the AC as we can still use

Ffs HL hipsters burnt down their new factory
Or say so.....lol

"Accident" maybe for insurance???

Seems suss, the fire was a slow smoldering job that did not set off the fire alarms so was burning for quite a while before the employees found it ablaze in the morning but it still destroyed just about everything, they said that included all the RMAs they had!

Quite a few ranting over HL not getting straight back to them but I would think they might be a bit busy with other stuff just now.

Edit, some found it weird that HL has already stated the fire dept said it was an electrical fault that caused the blaze (too soon after the blaze for a faultof the fire to be released)
Conspiracy theorists are going off!

Seems suss, the fire was a slow smoldering job that did not set off the fire alarms so was burning for quite a while before the employees found it ablaze in the morning but it still destroyed just about everything, they said that included all the RMAs they had!

Quite a few ranting over HL not getting straight back to them but I would think they might be a bit busy with other stuff just now.

Edit, some found it weird that HL has already stated the fire dept said it was an electrical fault that caused the blaze (too soon after the blaze for a faultof the fire to be released)
Conspiracy theorists are going off!
I'm suss on it tbh

I've emailed and messaged them on the site too

I don't expect a quick reply as every single person will be messaging them lol

And they will be avoiding as much as possible

I might have lost a hopper :(

Last edited:
You never know, hopefully they get a nice big insurance payout and bounce back even better...sounds like the product was just about worked out with the latest heaters too.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back