Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Why yes.....yes it does.:nod:

Actually it wasn't terrible. I deliberately didn't clean it for the entire grind just to see what happened. I would hold one half at a time and give the bases a few taps to dump it out. Also cleaned the magnets off occasionally as bud would get crushed between them.....something common to any magnetized grinder.

Material was consistent and seemed ground nicely (shredded....not crushed)

I've never had a two piece before so that was a minor challenge as it requires a different work flow.

So far I'm happy with it and think it'd be fine for your average weekend warrior. My curiosity about the long term cutting ability remains.

Thinking I "need" a 3" Mendo Mulcher 2 piece to analyze and compare
:science:
Yea it's the long term ability that I am thinking about
Even very hard woods lose a sharp edge over time and that is without being ground against things

Good stuff it is working well for you, hopefully it will last a while :)

I "need" a 3" Mendo Mulcher 2 piece to analyze and compare
You need at least a 3 piece, I have been using my SLX V2.5 without the catcher attached to fill my SpaceCase 88mm storage section the way you fill your CVault except my grindings fall straight into my receptacle.

You need at least a 3 piece, I have been using my SLX V2.5 without the catcher attached to fill my SpaceCase 88mm storage section the way you fill your CVault except my grindings fall straight into my receptacle.

Yeah, gotta say that using a two piece was way more awkward for me than expected.

When you think about it, you save the lenghthiest step of the grinding process not having to unscrew the bottom off to dump your herb. And there is something to be said about the simplicity factor.

A nice comparison of grinders, I like my Titanium Space Case as it feels like a better-made product than my SL/x, I think Troy may have had 3 knock offs or his old uncoated models are just that, old uncoated products...anyway,

A nice comparison of grinders, I like my Titanium Space Case as it feels like a better-made product than my SL/x, I think Troy may have had 3 knock offs or his old uncoated models are just that, old uncoated products...anyway,

We grower’s in HAWAII used scissor’s to cut our CANNABIS?(no seed’s in he 70’s?
No special anything just low income product that was very strong during the era!

Thinking I "need" a 3" Mendo Mulcher 2 piece to analyze and compare
:science:
Hey friend, I have a two piece, 3" mendo that I use primarily for cbd. I love the number of teeth that it has, and it's a consistent grind in my opinion. You can go super course, or a solid medium. To get the fine grind, it takes some time and you almost have to hold the grinder sideways so the herb keeps grinding. That typically results in kief and trichs working their way between the two pieces, which leads to the edges getting caked up, eventually making turning more work.

Ive got two mendos and I like both, but I don't know that I would get another 2 piece, regardless of brand. On mendos website, they have 4 piece, 3in grinds for a steal at like $54. I'm gonna jump on it come pay day, and then it will be converted to a solid 3 piece! :headbang:

I looked at space case and lift before getting my BCG
This video turned me off the lift despite some good user feedback, the consistency and the intermittent cutting turned me off
I've used a friend's space case in the past but think this video helped me make my decision

My friends space case was good and why I knew about them
The BCG is better ime though

My free SHRED grinder from HR is pretty amazing for a free grinder or $30 if bought
It works very well and quite smooth - maybe not as nice as the BCG but for cheap or free it's bloody good value - much better than the PIU freebie in the video and closer smoothness and grind consistency to my BCG
It will need cleaning more often than the BCG I believe
I haven't yet had to clean in a few months, but there is some build up starting to happen

My BCG is very smooth and easy to use
Great fine grind from the fine plate and consistent grind
Brilliant no thread design and enjoyable to hold, look at and use

It appears to have pretty much no build up although I haven't used lots yet

I will keep an eye open for any flake/chipping that a few people have reported

I am quite happy with my purchase so far

20200130_165433.jpg
20200130_165541.jpg
20200130_165458.jpg

my scs is still cranking away ... i like the bcg but i think that center post would bug me since i usually load straight from the storage bowl ...

Hey friend, I have a two piece, 3" mendo that I use primarily for cbd. I love the number of teeth that it has, and it's a consistent grind in my opinion. You can go super course, or a solid medium. To get the fine grind, it takes some time and you almost have to hold the grinder sideways so the herb keeps grinding. That typically results in kief and trichs working their way between the two pieces, which leads to the edges getting caked up, eventually making turning more work.

Ive got two mendos and I like both, but I don't know that I would get another 2 piece, regardless of brand. On mendos website, they have 4 piece, 3in grinds for a steal at like $54. I'm gonna jump on it come pay day, and then it will be converted to a solid 3 piece! :headbang:

Thnx for the advice.

Yah, as is the sit. is for me, a two piece is not something I would definitely need (besides I already have the 2 pc. Futo)

I wonder tho if a 2 pc. might actually be better for high volume grind sessions.

Thnx for the advice.

Yah, as is the sit. is for me, a two piece is not something I would definitely need (besides I already have the 2 pc. Futo)

I wonder tho if a 2 pc. might actually be better for high volume grind sessions.

When I need a high volume grinder I use an old coffee grinder.

I pulse it and keep checking until I get the grind I want, because you could grind into dust if you went too long.

Mostly I use my slx grinder and it suits me fine.

When I need a high volume grinder I use an old coffee grinder.

I pulse it and keep checking until I get the grind I want, because you could grind into dust if you went too long.

Mostly I use my slx grinder and it suits me fine.
I have used a $12 electric coffee grinder for years
Works well, as you say just need to be careful not to dust it

I keep hearing the BCG is going to get a big brother, hopefully it will incorporate a large ring magnet instead of that annoying post setup.

I keep hearing the BCG is going to get a big brother, hopefully it will incorporate a large ring magnet instead of that annoying post setup.
It is actually a reasonable size after using a bit
I would prefer it a bit bigger though

The post is less of an issue than I expected it to be
Loading tools I have fit easily enough and I can use my fingers to pack out of it too

I found any grinder tends to spill when packing if not careful, this seems similar to me

I think if it was a bigger unit with a wider base the post would be no issue at all

Big brother: reminds me of GEORGE ORWELL called: 1984 From ENGLAND.
I read his work a lot!
Back on target!
What in your. Opinion is the grinder you use?
A SPACECASE is what I use however maybe I’m too OLD SCHOOL to be relevant?

I found any grinder tends to spill when packing if not careful,
No problem with a larger grinder, a mechanical advantage is helpful when grinding any sized load, even my large SL/x is way too small for my needs.
Interesting that most users that own all plated like the medium grind plate the best.
The post is less of an issue than I expected it to be
Hopefully it will not be an issue at all if GFL use perimeter magnets on the updated lager model that people keep teasing about.

And @ataxian I use my 88mm Titanium SpaceCase, hard to beat the size for ease of turning (plus it holds a lot)

No problem with a larger grinder, a mechanical advantage is helpful when grinding any sized load, even my large SL/x is way too small for my needs.
Interesting that most users that own all plated like the medium grind plate the best.

Hopefully it will not be an issue at all if GFL use perimeter magnets on the updated lager model that people keep teasing about.

And @ataxian I use my 88mm Titanium SpaceCase, hard to beat the size for ease of turning (plus it holds a lot)
I prefer a fine grind and think the medium would be too big having used it

I have used many big grinders - my friends space case for example

I never usually leave weed in the grinder for packing as they ALL suck for spillage in reality
If you are careful it's fine - same as my BCG

But fingers pinching weed and packing cones, papers or vapes can often lead to spills over the edge as it is not a bowl

As I enjoy using the BCG and holding it I have been packing from it
I just want to use it but don't want to grind my weed
No spills so far

The post stops the plate moving, the magnet just holds close

To use outer magnets they would have to have bits sticking out on the sides or threads to hold in place and this would lead to gunking and change the function of the no thread

The space case my mate had was good

Next to my shred it wasn't worth the price tag

BCG is a pleasure to use, not just a tool

A larger one would be nice, but there is no need to grind more than it holds even as a heavy vaper I am

The function is easy as to grind and turn
Smoothest I've ever tried

I have to agree that the BCG is the smoothest grinder I've used as well. I also have a 2 piece SC, a 4 piece SC and a grinder from Interplanetary Development. And a plethora of cheapos. The BCG is, by far, my favorite. The sides don't cake up with kief like they do on the other grinders. And I still haven't cleaned it (in spite of my promise to do so last weekend... :uhoh:) and it's been in heavy rotation with no build up.

Personally, I don't have an issue with the center post. I find that with most grinders (the two piece type being the exception), you have to avoid that center magnet area or the lid wont seat properly for the grind.

The only thing I have a hard time doing with the BCG is loading the caps for my F2. For that I have to remove the herb from the grinder. But for all other vaping, I use straight out of the grinder. I don't grind large amounts at a time... I have no need to. So I have no use for a larger grinder.

And I'm a medium grind gal. :biggrin:

I have to agree that the BCG is the smoothest grinder I've used as well. I also have a 2 piece SC, a 4 piece SC and a grinder from Interplanetary Development. And a plethora of cheapos. The BCG is, by far, my favorite. The sides don't cake up with kief like they do on the other grinders. And I still haven't cleaned it (in spite of my promise to do so last weekend... :uhoh:) and it's been in heavy rotation with no build up.

Personally, I don't have an issue with the center post. I find that with most grinders (the two piece type being the exception), you have to avoid that center magnet area or the lid wont seat properly for the grind.

The only thing I have a hard time doing with the BCG is loading the caps for my F2. For that I have to remove the herb from the grinder. But for all other vaping, I use straight out of the grinder. I don't grind large amounts at a time... I have no need to. So I have no use for a larger grinder.

And I'm a medium grind gal. :biggrin:
The shred does a medium grind and the holes are bigger then my BCG in what looks like the medium BCG size

I prefer the fine grind BCG
I did want a medium plate to try as well because I've read many say they like it most
But only had enough for one plate at the time and I think I am happy I chose fine
Nice grind and works well in my vapes

Maybe I'll get one one day to compare and I might like it more

But at least I have no complaints so far and I was always a fine scissor chopper or coffee grinder even when smoking

I don't have nails like you @momofthegoons so am able to get in and pack my caps too :)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back