Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
View attachment 23500

Dude, you must be super strong...I overload this bad boy left and right and looks brand new....
If you don't get it centred properly it can push teeth against each other and crunch the lid into place
I also overload it regularly, almost every use tbh
I can only see the tiniest bit of bare metal zoomed right in on the phone
Smallest silver glisten with the torch brought it to my attention
And can feel the divet of the missing piece with my thumb nail on the centre tooth
Otherwise you wouldn't notice
It looks brand new otherwise
Everything else you see in the pic is trichs and resin

Never cleaned it once
Love my BCG more than any grinder I've ever used
So buttery smooth to use (as troy described) and self cleaning

I would like it to be a bit bigger but it's the goods

I am 95kg and gym regularly
But didn't need lots of strength to cause the issue

IMG20210115195429.jpg

IMG20210115195927.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping to buy a nice grinder this spring. Large BCG is the front runner for sure but the new flowermill has recently caught my eye.

https://www.flowermillusa.com/
The flower mill shaves your bud... very similar to the MFLB Finishing grinder.
The three piece has 3 pieces naturally, but no screen level.
The herb falls by being shaved through the holes as the pusher puts pressure on it.
Folks seem to be liking it very well.
It helps prevent over-mulching in a 2 piece grinder.

Well I was having no issue with my present grinder until I read @Stevenski prior post how things cant be right with out a $100 grinder
If your not a salesman you should be :)

Anyhow this one came with my Zeus Arc GT. I've yet to use some of the better grinders some of you speak of. This one is not in the same league.
However this thing has ground a few lbs. of herb.
I never let it stay dirty a toss in the sonic cleaner is just to easy. It's about as dirty in the pics as I let it.

The Zeus Bolt grinder looks like some others.
This is only my second grinder since I started vaping.

So at some point I will see if using this grinder as compared to using a $100 one is as @Stevenski says, is akin to kicking the Queen :)
20210115_131926.jpg
20210115_131531.jpg
20210115_180531.jpg
20210115_180733.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Vito... I know this. I was more showing how quickly it happens with this grinder.

I've used my BCG almost non stop since getting it. I've only cleaned it once.... and never have I gotten that build up on the sides. It's my favorite feature of that particular grinder.

@momofthegoons - BCG does that to a person, the fucker is almost self-cleaning...pretty clever.

Never clean my gr8tr... works perfect all the time.. teeth always sharp and perfect...
16108204663574093911335904810788.jpg

I know it ls a bit filth bu its literally been years since cleaned.. doesnt seem to accumulate build up like others...
Why do more people not have one...
I know gr8tr 2 is out...
This one works fine though.. always effortless fluffy grind...
I'm hoping to buy a nice grinder this spring. Large BCG is the front runner for sure but the new flowermill has recently caught my eye.

https://www.flowermillusa.com/
Why does no body like kannastor.....

Bought this about 5 years ago (I think???)
IMG_20210116_133434.jpgIMG_20210116_133335.jpg
Cleaned it with everclear and gauze pads
Some of teeth have bare spots but not too bad, lots of flower was ground
Maybe see if they come in plain stainless steel, maybe medical grade stainless???
Assume the flecks of paint or whatever end up in the ground cannabis, not good
I like this shredder as it is big and my hands can easily rotate the lid to shred the overly packed flower, 40f (4c) and raining this am in Bahston and my hands can stiffen up a bit
Painted or coated surfaces a no no for grinders?

Bought this about 5 years ago (I think???)
Cleaned it with everclear and gauze pads
Some of teeth have bare spots but not too bad, lots of flower was ground
Maybe see if they come in plain stainless steel, maybe medical grade stainless???
Assume the flecks of paint or whatever end up in the ground cannabis, not good
I like this shredder as it is big and my hands can easily rotate the lid to shred the overly packed flower, 40f (4c) and raining this am in Bahston and my hands can stiffen up a bit
Painted or coated surfaces a no no for grinders?
Painted and coated are no-nos.
Anodizing is an accepted process.
The small chips from an anodized coating are not too risky as it is not "volatile "... meaning the heat does not cause it to produce vapor.
I am not saying that if it could be eliminated it should not.
I am saying not too worry too much.
I prefer uncolored, un-anodized or coated grinders.
Even with no anodized layer, or coating, there are dents and marks happening in every grinder...
..we just don't see it, as there is no layer to emphasize the nicked spots.
These spots are usually digs or tiny dents.. and not actually pieces of the grinder in most cases.

My LIFT Innovations "grinder":

B3575529-65C8-44DE-B611-DF3CFD34E5F9.jpeg

4C3CBC35-DECA-464E-80AC-952529D76C39.jpeg

56FD6184-8B9C-4AF6-8CEB-688C0B888BE3.jpeg

I bought this in the summer of '17 for $100 (free extra sifting disc, I got fine w/medium.) I love it! Have absolutely no desire to get another. All the "business" parts are SS, the rest beautifully anodized aluminum, in a way not like I've seen on any other grinder. Anodized actual grinding, bashing, mashing, gnashing regular grinder teef that smashes the crap out everything? On OBVIOUS wear points? Why? Makes no sense. Not for me... As little as possible "man-handling" of the goods, too, thanks... stuffs waaay too expensive (if you have to buy) to be treated so horribly. Probably one of the most overall satisfying purchases I've made since I've gotten serious about this (vaping) journey.

Edit: and my assumption WHY the BCG has its innards anodized? cuz the design doesn't allow for it, and you can't just "do the outside" reliably and cleanly without affecting elsewhere. It's all or nothing. I also dont like the huge post in the grind catch, and again, the magnets used in the design require it...

Last edited:
I looked at the lift until I saw Troy's review
It doesn't treat the weed any better watching the videos and results
He had it get stuck sometimes too
Also the potential for the blades to get dirty quicker

The post in the BCG is non-issue especially with the overall ease of use
I love the lack of threads, the smooth action and no cleaning or side bits gunking up as mentioned by @momofthegoons and as seen in pics above

Many grinders work and function very well
I got a $30usd shred grinder free from HR with a purchase and it worked really well... Did need cleaning at times though - but goes to show you don't have to spend to grind easily and satisfactorily
I've used many over the years of all price and brands
BCG wins for me hands down and is the smoothest, easiest I've used

I looked at the lift until I saw Troy's review
It doesn't treat the weed any better watching the videos and results
He had it get stuck sometimes too
Also the potential for the blades to get dirty quicker

The post in the BCG is non-issue especially with the overall ease of use
I love the lack of threads, the smooth action and no cleaning or side bits gunking up as mentioned by @momofthegoons and as seen in pics above

Many grinders work and function very well
I've used many over the years
BCG wins for me hands down
Sorry, I saw this classic "fumble fingers fail" type info-mercial "review".... utter garbage and not really worth my time debating it much either. He used it like a ham-fisted orangutan, which is amazing, cuz it really is very easy to use... He did the exact same thing with the MV1 initially (until he caught too much flack for not being able to stop from getting his poor piggy wiggy digits pinched) Ever think that maybe the reason why it got the bad review is cuz he wasn't provided with a $$$ making vendor link....? LIFT doesn't do that. They don't give deals like those. Ever. Nope, not a fan AT ALL.

@felvapes
And please don't get me wrong, I'm sure the BCG is a fine grinder, great even. I don't like the post taking up lots of space in the catch that could be otherwise be filled with grind. Also I like to fill my caps in the catch and that post is in the way, I haven't used one myself, but it's been verified as an issue with other users. All that talk of buildup in the LIFT is total BS. I know. I own one. Reviews are not my livelihood, like they are with Troy.

Last edited:
Love how hamfisted I can be with my BCG and it works with no fail

I don't want a grinder a I have to baby or learn to use
I wondered about things getting caught in the blades or getting dirty prior to the video

Want something I chuck nugs in and grind and then vape
I overload regularly and want my grinder to cope

Microscope doesn't lie on results and lack of difference

I've used many grinders
Love my BCG
I pack my caps and vapes and dv's from the bowl... Post doesn't prevent me from doing so

I think troy is one of the least BS reviewers of all... Even if still a critic with links regardless

The ghost has its own issues and many have mentioned them before troy.
Including many many consumers and forum members on more than one forum

Bud on the other hand had actual affiliation with the product in his review

Last edited:
I have the entire space case lineup, but only use the small 2 piece on occasion at this point.
I love my 2 piece Santa Cruz Shredder (a size between medium and small that is no longer made)
The sharpest Grinder I have by far is my 2 piece Fine NewVape Grinder with Armbands.
The last time I reached 50+ grinders, I sold them all in one ad... then started over.
These (below) are the grinders I still use, but I have settled in on the small Santa Cruz 2 piece, and the NewVape 2 piece (and of course the "Potter"),
The one with the pot leaf logo, and that with a crank, are new donations.... set up for placement.
I have a drawer full of Generic Acrylic Grinders, that I got years ago... but I always have enough *Bonus grinders (inexpensive 4 piece give-aways that accompany Vaporizer orders) and donations that get chosen first. These are like the pile of 3 in the rear/left. They also will be given as a choice to the next patients coming up.
I have an unused GIANT Volcano™ Grinder That I keep in case the need arises. The other regular Volcano™ Grinder goes with one of the units that is currently with a patient in a long term care facility... she has a Santa Cruz Shredder that she preferred, so I keep the new one for her.
The wooden one is an original Vapor Brother™ Grinder.
My Space case collection is in a box, but as you can see I have 5 S.C.s (including the "Scout Mini 4 piece"!)on the shelf in the "ready for action" pile.
I am considering a mill type processor, like the Lift or the Flower Mill.
I am not a big spender, so this may not be immediate, as Life as well as others that are still without grinders, must be dealt with in accordance!
About image below: Yes.. my house is Dusty. I live in the desert, and must dust daily... and they dust is back within hours. I am used to it! AND... my dog's name is Dusty!
DSC06600.jpg

A couple more interesting details.
When you noticed the wooden grinder..... did you roll your eyes?
Did you picture a old grinder with nails for the teeth?
Check this original out!
DSC06604.jpg

DSC06603.jpg

DSC06610.jpg

Those are actual carved in wooden teeth!
Note that it also has aligning and securing magnets.. very nice feature. The grind is a good one.

Next interesting fact....
That pot leaf grinder is more than meets the eye.
DSC06616.jpg

Design from Amsterdam, is what it says...
It is Stainless Steel, with the inside coated with what appears to be Teflon, or an equivalent.
The screen is right up against the hole, so the ground herb is mulched as with a 2 piece.. but the kief goes right through.
Not the best design, and as you see there are chips, but something new to marvel at!

Last edited:

I wondered about things getting caught in the blades or getting dirty prior to the video

I've used many grinders
Love my BCG
I pack my caps and vapes and dv's from the bowl... Post doesn't prevent me from doing so

I think troy is one of the least BS reviewers of all... Even if still a critic with links regardless

The ghost has its own issues and many have mentioned them before troy.
Including many many consumers and forum members on more than one forum

Bud on the other hand had actual affiliation with the product in his review

the LIFT works effortlessly without fail as well.

There really isn't much to learn and nothing at all to baby.
Very rarely a chunk might ride up or get jammed in weird way... you feel it.. all you do is reverse it a moment and then continue... super easy!

You can chuck nugs in and grind and then vape... I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!
You cannot "overload regularly". This grinder is not designed to be abused and expected to "cope" with it.

I guess yeah, if you implicitly TRUST said PAID reviewer... I DO NOT

I've used many grinders
Love my BCG

This is great to hear! I'm glad you love your grinder, and that it works well for you! Truly.

As for the rest, you can like Troy! I'm ok with that, lots of people do! I am not one of those people....

Sorry, really dont want to talk about the mv1 or the vapecritic. I was there for the whole thing. From presale, to being on the beta team and everything else.... ancient history.

Last edited:

the LIFT works effortlessly without fail as well.

There really isn't much to learn and nothing at all to baby.
Very rarely a chunk might ride up or get jammed in weird way... you feel it.. all you do is reverse it a moment and then continue... super easy!

You can chuck nugs in and grind and then vape... I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!
You cannot "overload regularly". This grinder is not designed to be abused and expected to "cope" with it.

I guess yeah, if you implicitly TRUST said PAID reviewer... I DO NOT

I've used many grinders
Love my BCG

This is great to hear! I'm glad you love your grinder, and that it works well for you! Truly.

As for the rest, you can like Troy! I'm ok with that, lots of people do! I am not one of those people....

Sorry, really dont want to talk about the mv1 or the vapecritic. I was there for the whole thing. From presale, to being on the beta team and everything else.... ancient history.
You brought up the Ghost not me
So I didn't start that discussion

You also brought up being a critic of the critics

I just responded

I'm not concerned with a debate either
Just responding to your posts and your points raised ......

Definitely ancient history...till it's brought up... Then it is a topic again

If I can't overload and abuse the grinder it needs to be babied then...
I don't want to baby it
I don't want it to get jammed with bud
I don't want the screw part coming undone in reverse
I'm sure it works well as did the $30 one I mentioned originally
We just pick the one we like most from personal preferences

The jamming up of buds and the getting dirty blades and screens were a concern of mine in the design prior to his video
The video just confirmed it to me as did you saying it can happen even in all your love for the grinder

I think I would be annoyed with certain aspects of it
Glad you are happy with your grinder you paid for it
Not trying to debate you at all
Was sharing my experience with my grinder and why I chose it in the end
On that note another thing I like about the BCG is that no post and magnet in the grinding area.... No obstruction at all
Just put buds in and grind
I found it more annoying having to carefully pack around other grinders centre to work than loading vapes from around a post in catchment area

I don't think troy is taking microscope pics with fake results lol
And I think he is less paid than you imply and than other critics

But this isn't a debate about him or critics in general

Have a good day

EDIT
I also like Troy's videos as I have a number of the products he has reviewed in the past
And tbh I agree with most of what he has said in those reviews
So for the products I don't have I assume he is giving his opinion on those too for the most part
I do always remain aware of certain kick backs or perks critics may get but feel Troy's are one of the least tainted compared to others
I'm also aware of background interactions some have with each other or companies and don't believe any of them are fully independent of each other

Again hope everyone had a nice day
Let's share a vape now

Last edited:
Over on another vape forum the maker of the flower mill talks about developing an intuition on how much force to use based on dryness of flowers and how much of a hurry you're in. I'm sure it's not difficult to learn but it pushes me more towards the BCG. Different strokes, I guess.

I haven't seen that anyone has actually received a large BCG yet, though.

.... I'm sure it's not difficult to learn but it pushes me more
with stuff in the vaping world, seems most will put up with a learning curve if there is some improvement in performance. I have the same inclination as your self here though.
I haven't seen that anyone has actually received a large BCG yet, though.
Just orderd one myself. Now I must sell 1 -2 fishing reels to pay for it. I've been rummaging through my reel collection. I've lost my mind... Caught my self thinking of my reels not in $ value but rather Desktop vape value...
" Those reels are an EVO. Throw in this one & thats an EVO plus a Supreme V-6 " :dogpile:

Last edited:
You brought up the Ghost not me
So I didn't start that discussion

You also brought up being a critic of the critics

I just responded

I'm not concerned with a debate either
Just responding to your posts and your points raised ......

Definitely ancient history...till it's brought up... Then it is a topic again

If I can't overload and abuse the grinder it needs to be babied then...
I don't want to baby it
I don't want it to get jammed with bud
I don't want the screw part coming undone in reverse
I'm sure it works well as did the $30 one I mentioned originally
We just pick the one we like most from personal preferences

The jamming up of buds and the getting dirty blades and screens were a concern of mine in the design prior to his video
The video just confirmed it to me as did you saying it can happen even in all your love for the grinder

I think I would be annoyed with certain aspects of it
Glad you are happy with your grinder you paid for it
Not trying to debate you at all
Was sharing my experience with my grinder and why I chose it in the end
On that note another thing I like about the BCG is that no post and magnet in the grinding area.... No obstruction at all
Just put buds in and grind
I found it more annoying having to carefully pack around other grinders centre to work than loading vapes from around a post in catchment area

I don't think troy is taking microscope pics with fake results lol
And I think he is less paid than you imply and than other critics

But this isn't a debate about him or critics in general

Have a good day

EDIT
I also like Troy's videos as I have a number of the products he has reviewed in the past
And tbh I agree with most of what he has said in those reviews
So for the products I don't have I assume he is giving his opinion on those too for the most part
I do always remain aware of certain kick backs or perks critics may get but feel Troy's are one of the least tainted compared to others
I'm also aware of background interactions some have with each other or companies and don't believe any of them are fully independent of each other

Again hope everyone had a nice day
Let's share a vape now
You've been using that grinder for a year now, haven't you? I'm convinced, and it's on my Need Urgently list now that there is a bigger size available. I like the look of the BCG, and the color options for sure. Another way to add joy to the day.
You inspire me, @felvapes, you inspire me.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back