Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
If you want a smaller good cheap grinder, EDC has Thick Grip Mendo Mulchers. I have a double thick grip 2 pc and it's beefy, yet light. Really nice, finer grind.

Very basic and it can easily handle drops. Would be sad, but not devastated if it broke or lost. Great travel piece.

Kung Fu grip

A side by side comparison of the working ends of a Qubus next to a NV:

16204280550282859104427813828160.jpg

The wrist band helps tremendously
20210507_185733.jpg

For the money it's a killer deal

My older model Qubus (the clean one is my kid's)

Mine has the basket

I like kief....
16204288183698434857455759471738.jpg

You dirty little grinder

Last edited:
That Qubus looks like a nice piece of kit. I have the same NV fine with some bands added & I like it.
I was super high when I bought the NV (which I obviously don't need). I was like "titanium grinder? Fuck yeah!" Bam, ordered.

Non-high me opening my arrived package: "fuck this thing is heavy!" & then mildly disappointed in my reading and comprehension abilities. Also explains the price. It's massive, which isn't a bad thing. It's just a bit large and heavy for a pocket piece. I think it has it's place on the coffee table.

As an owner of too many things, I'm going on the record to say that as cool as precision grinders are, they are probably not necessary. Super-duper high tolerance interfaces just gack up quicker than their sloppier cousins.

I have a couple high quality minis and smalls that I can barely turn with anything but the tiniest of nug. The aesthetics are awesome, but they just don't see a lot of use. That CC that I go on about can be very finicky too.

My dream piece would be a very flat, light 3 piece 3" or so in diameter. Pocketable. Something cheap along the lines of the Mendo in quality.

I use a simple coffee mill and love it .....

I do the same when grinding large amounts. I find some electric coffee grinders to be very affordable, with capacity to give me whatever grind I want.

I have kind of grown to like hand grinding as a prelude to vaping. Kind of gives my senses an introduction of what to expect .... see, touch & of course smell what's coming.

Prior to my ever knowing vaping herb existed .... I often thought " wouldn't it be nice if my herb would taste as good as it smelled after being ground " that wuzz a few years ago.

Last edited:
I find some electric coffee grinders to be very affordable
I have a couple of Krup Coffee grinders.
I use one for ABV that's about to get used in edibles straight.
I use the other for herbs for cooking.
I am not a fan using them for vaping, but for pulverizing herb it's great.

I used for years (and still have a couple) electric coffee grinders as a smoker
Even when I first started vaping
But now I grind since getting one free from HR with my edge
And now my BCG
It keeps the flavour more I find

The grind is perfect and consistent
All the above mentioned methods are true and achievable with the coffee grinder, powered to chunky, but it wasn't as consistent and thoughtless as with the hand grinders

I did enjoy the kief collection in the lid though and at the base of the blades lol
Builds up quickly the ol whizzer hash hahaa

I like all the trichs in my grinder mix, now that I can make rosin anyway

Also like the smaller footprint and portability/cordless of the hand grinders

If I was chopping up to combust again I'd probably get back on the whizzer

Interesting, don't you think?
Really attractive! :thumbsup:

I see it comes with a medium and a fine 'grater plate'. It's hard to see the mechanics of it from their pic... but it looks like it's wood that the herb is 'grated' against.

pf-0b98bda1-717b-4a9e-82bf-73af121bf13e--191031StonaProdukt0897.jpeg

From their site:

The tooth-less design of Stona allows to grind the herbs effortlessly, even with large pieces of herb. Since the herbs don’t get squeezed between the teeth, there is almost no rotational force to fight against. Conventional grinders use their inner and outer ring to align. They become clogged up with resin and jam over time. The Stona grinder does not need to be aligned to work. You can use it as much as you like and it will still twist like it did on day 1.

i had a hard time settling on a grinder this past year. I had my old stainless steel 4 piece that I got for free some years ago. It was still going strong but gets stuck with sticky weed and needed to be cleaned often. I spent probably $100 or more before I found the SLX grinder. Mine cost $50 and I like the company. I had some rubbing off of material and they sent me another piece. There's been no issues since. I like the simplicity and the ease of use. I took the kief tray out. I can grind the stickiest weed with no problems.

by Open in App
ixjTJy2.jpg

ae6PTk5.jpg
I have some grip issues too. The Santa Cruz 4 piece large, Brilliant Cut and HOJ Klip are my favs.

Looks interesting, electric but a traditional herb grind like a 3/4 piece,

View attachment 28292

Might be a good option for peeps with less than ideal hand strength to rip fat nugs without whipping them like some electrics can do.
Anyone seen in the wild or hear about them?
Surely tech is getting better now - but in the past any cordless electric grinders I've ever tried to use are useless and tend to get gunked up straining the engine if they even have power to get through a nug

Was coffee grinder for me when combusting

Now I prefer hand grinders as a vaper
If this did work well it would be good for the purposes you mentioned though

At this point I would he happy with surgical grade stainless steel and some finger loops on the rotating part of the cap and base to make holding and turning easier
I would pay in excess of a $100 since grinding for me is very painful
Broken both my hands and fingers many times over the years

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back