Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
....geeze....I have a 4 piece space case..a mendo mulcher...a 4 piece Sandra Cruz shredder...a Phoenician ...2 kannistors (one vape...other gr8tr velar 4 piece) and various unnamed ones...I've been doing this a long time.

So what one do you regard as your top dog?

I have arthritis in my thumb joints on both hands. When that's flailed up I need something easy that doesn't get stuck and hard to use. We have some pretty sticky weed in WA. I'm partial to Gorilla Glue.

Try some silicone elastic bands or even a piece of rubber glove will give you many times more leverage & grip.

...not sure I have a "top dog" ...for a fine grind I like the gr8tr fine plate...for medium going space case, or scs...the Phoenician will give a coarse thick grind..and nendu mulcher has its place too...it really depends more on the vape I'm using...

...never got into the mflb so I cannot comment directly...so I defer to sixstringsmash...never needed a grind finer or more fluffier than the gr8tr..

never needed a grind finer or more fluffier than the gr8tr..

My gr8tr does seem to fluff better than anything else iv tried so far...

......different vaoes like different grinds...many times I've experienced where I'm unhappy with the quality/quantity of the bud...only to find that a different grind completely changes the experience .
Um, crap this never occurred to me. I have the same problem and assumed certain strains just sucked in one or another vape.

Could you give me a quick down and dirty? Does finer usually fix that problem, or vice versa?

Using either a Solo or an IQ here. (IQ I haven't had that problem as much though)

Peace!

(EDIT: Just saw your post a few above, will try that grinder!)

Since someone elsewhere on the internet ruined their grinder cleaning it with PBW I will post this public service announcement here:

Do not use PBW on any anodized surface as the PBW will strip off the finish quickly. I found this out the hard way with my SC Ti grinder . . .

scti.jpg

...not sure I have a "top dog" ...for a fine grind I like the gr8tr fine plate...for medium going space case, or scs...it really depends more on the vape I'm using...

I really like the fine grind plate on my GR8TR vape for my Mighty/Vapcap and my Small Space Case for my Herbalizer. I can't see myself ever needing a finer grind than the GR8TR lest my weed start getting sucked through my screens.

...no question...it's a pretty fine grind...like it for portables ..

FYI Kannastor is having a 30% off the entire store till the end of Sunday!

My all time favorite grinder with the fine plate!
Beats my SCS as well as my LIFT grinder!

Like another poster, when I was new on the 'other' forum I was baffled at how a discussion of grinders could result in so many posts. Its a grinder FFS! LOL

Well, never underestimate the OCD tendencies of the MJ community (including my own haha)

I also like the SCS. I have a medium and do indeed use it from time to time.

However, my all time favorite grinder is the New Vape Fine Grinder

https://www.newvape.com/grinders

NV Fine #1.jpg
NV Fine #2.jpg

I use this most often as I find that my vapes generally like fine grind better. Certainly for any conduction devices but also for convection.

But I do also have the New Vape Coarse Grinder and use it sometimes. So vapes, like the Enano or GH, will eat less fine grind like candy and I get a slightly different taste signature with coarser grind.....good taste seems to last a bit longer but this could all be in my imagination. But I do like the Coarse grinder and if I have some very fresh and sticky herb, I may go one round in coarse grinder, let dry a bit, and finish it with another grind in the Fine Grinder.

NV Coarse #1.jpg

NV Coarse #2.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's all I can think of to say about grinders at this time (ah...the poor boy is such a dullard! LOL).

@Baron23 i have the coarse grind Top Shelf grinder. It's 3 inches across and too big for my hands. It was too hard to grind my bud. Very heavy and sturdy. It's something I can tell will will last a long time but it wasn't for me. Don't let it fall on your toes.

For me size needs to be a consideration.

@Baron23 i have the coarse grind Top Shelf grinder. It's 3 inches across and too big for my hands. It was too hard to grind my bud. Very heavy and sturdy. It's something I can tell will will last a long time but it wasn't for me. Don't let it fall on your toes.

For me size needs to be a consideration.
Hi Carol - yes, I forgot to mention that for you and Vitolo, this is probably NOT the grinder for you as it is large and it is very heavy (it can grind AND be a self-defense weapon too! LOL)

I have a "titanium"space Case that I feel I over paid for. When I bought this everyone was raving about them. The titanium started scraping off from regular friction. It's easy to see due to the costing being black. Most of it that has come if it's actually in the threading area but some teeth too. Then I started using a scraper to get gunk up cause it was already falling apart.

Anyway, my biggest complaint is the never fucking ending threads. Who the hell wants to twist anything that much? Oooo such smooth threading! Can't wait to turn that 20 times or so every single time I want to get weed. Perfect.

I have no complaint about the rest of it, though I will say that when I was researching grinders, one thing discs case lovers would rave about was how smooth the grind is. Yes it's smooth if it's clean. Good luck keeping the grinder clean enough to be smooth.
Every surface gets a hard and sticky coating of resin that actually stops the grinder from working if left alone. For me that was about a month of not cleaning.

Hey, if you love to clean grinders all the time, go ahead and order a space case.

Eventually I'll get a new grinder.... Maybe an SCS three piece, as I stopped using the kief catch a long time ago (I can never keep my grinder flat, so the kief guess back up to the screen and names a mess).

My question is regarding threading. Which grinder has the fewest amount if threads? Phonecian grinders had a partial revolution to seal and unseal but we're also ungodly expensive. The homegrown might be the one for me... But I never see anyone discussing it here on the forums.

I have this exact shredder in medium, and it is by far my favorite. I also have small SCS 2 piece, 4 piece, and large SCS 3 piece, but prefer the medium and love this orange color.....also have a Phoenecian and the New Vape fine grind (this one is excellent too).

Hello bud,

What's your opinion on the Phoenecian? I was checking them out the other day, I like the idea of avoiding threads. Appears on paper/html like a good design.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back