Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I couldn't give you an honest opinion, as I have not used it much. It does grind nicely, and I like the design too, but I find it comes apart a bit too easy and is therefore not as easy to use for me. I haven't touched it in months.

I couldn't give you an honest opinion, as I have not used it much. It does grind nicely, and I like the design too, but I find it comes apart a bit too easy and is therefore not as easy to use for me. I haven't touched it in months.

If the device doesn't hold together well during use then that's quite important to know. So thanks for replying, that's good user feedback. :thumbsup:

If anyone else has any experience of this Grinder I'd be interested to know if they too have found it difficult to use for the same reason. :private:

...I have the Phoenician...got it on massdrop...before they terminated their vapor community..(got a lot of great vape stuff from them...cheap)..
...it does a nice coarse..grind...opposite of gr8tr...more coarse than space case...it has the best Kief department (angled) of any other grinder I have seen..(although I'm sure somebody has duplicated it).. if you have any additional questions....happy to assist.:smug:

...I have the Phoenician...got it on massdrop...before they terminated their vapor community..(got a lot of great vape stuff from them...cheap)..
...it does a nice coarse..grind...opposite of gr8tr...more coarse than space case...it has the best Kief department (angled) of any other grinder I have seen..(although I'm sure somebody has duplicated it).. if you have any additional questions....happy to assist.:smug:

Thank you buddy, I'm on the fence at the moment.

I stupidly bought one of those PenSimple grinders months ago and to be honest it's just a waste of dosh. I could have put the $60 to much better use. Or used my existing grinder and a doob tube.

Still it will allow me to take some pics and do a little write up here as soon as I get a spare moment.

I was going to go for a QB-GON but got tired of the poor comms, also people highlighted the wood may accumulate gunk and be difficult to clean so for the price I bailed and asked PayPal for my dosh back. Also they missed their first deadline and failed to respond to any of my e-mails (until after the PayPal claim).

I got kinda caught up in the idea of a grinder that didn't need constant un-screwing on long threads to get at the material.

That's why I'm looking at the 'Phoenician' and the 'Super Weapon II', I hear both require a quarter turn or less to separate the pieces.

I wanted a screen so I could collect Kief just for fun really, another form of cannabis to mix up the vape life with, although many many folk report that they have given up on Kief screens so it's probably another distraction.

This leaves me with my other interest which is the SLX 2, my only concern being the reports of the non-stick surface wearing out. If it's wearing out where are all the non-stick particles going?

I'm not in a huge rush either, I'm enjoying the window shopping.

...as well you should...I have sooo. many grinders...as I've been doing this ...a long time...but for me there is no...top dog...the 1 st question is....which vape am I using?....that dictates which way I'm going...

I'm still diggin' my 3 piece Santa Cruz Shredder . . . the shred is the new grind . . . :weed:

...as well you should...I have sooo. many grinders...as I've been doing this ...a long time...but for me there is no...top dog...the 1 st question is....which vape am I using?....that dictates which way I'm going...

Ah interesting approach.

So I'm mostly using my OmniVap these days. That seems to favour a medium grind.

I also have a GrassHopper which is seeing less and less use. That also likes a medium grind.

I'm leaning towards the Phoenecian.

I'm still diggin' my 3 piece Santa Cruz Shredder . . . the shred is the new grind . . . :weed:
My SCS small is 2 pieces.
I have a complex collection of grinders that includes every Space Case made, but I have not used another besides my SCS for 4 years

I have a complex collection of grinders that includes every Space Case made, but I have not used another besides my SCS for 4 years
Coming from you, with your experience, that is high praise my friend . . . I totally concur . . . once I tried the SCS I never could use anything else . . . . :peace:

MwGnVBs.jpg
o
...the three I'm using now...just cleaned the scs...every 6 mos...

Cleaned my jar gr8tr yesterday for only the second time in a year....

I'd doesnt really seem to get dirty... even with all the freshish herb iv put through it...

It came up completely new again in no time...

I just used iso and a paint brush on the metal parts, and war soapy water on the jar section....

I absolutely love this grinder and cant see me ever owning another....
This one will last a lifetime..
And I need not worry about coatings flaking off..

Money very well spent...

I got kinda caught up in the idea of a grinder that didn't need constant un-screwing on long threads to get at the material.

That's why I'm looking at the 'Phoenician' and the 'Super Weapon II', I hear both require a quarter turn or less to separate the pieces.

The Super Weapon II actually takes approximately one revolution to remove. Way more secure than a quarter turn while also not being annoying.

The Super Weapon II actually takes approximately one revolution to remove. Way more secure than a quarter turn while also not being annoying.

Just ordered one :aaaaa:

Having spent a little while looking I agree that the 1/4 turn of the Phoenician will likely make it too loose for me but I think I'll appreciate not having to do more than one full rotation to get at the material. I don't need a rolling paper stash and the SW2 is half the price and it looks well made.

I'll let you guys know how I get on.

My SpaceCase was starting to look and feel a bit worn... And I leave my ground herb in the grinder and I often wish I hadn't ground up as much as I have. So why not have two? :idea: Decided to buy a Super Weapon II from @InterplanetaryTanner and check it out. :biggrin:

First off.... nice packaging. Really presents well.

The grinder has some heft to it. You can tell it isn't made cheaply. There's space in the teeth, where you place your nug, at the 7:00 position. The cap has a matching space.

WNi2TbV.jpg

The screen has a nifty little hook to help pull it out...

GQUwFLF.jpg

I really like the curved edges in the kief dish; as well as the scrape tool (which also has the curved edge).

aDxH0pB.jpg

It comes with an additional little metal 'coin' with the Interplanetary logo on it to put in your ground flower for kief production.

As you can see; the flower comes out coarsely ground; which should be expected with the size of the holes. This was fairly fresh material. But dryer material came out pretty much the same.

tpDufFt.jpg

Got a couple smell proof baggies and slaps too... thanks! :thumbsup:

jrcB5Bb.jpg

All in all this seems like a quality grinder. Of course, proof is in the wear. But with a lifetime warranty on everything but the screen, I can't see this not being a good investment for me.

Last edited:
Nice grinder @momofthegoons! I was initially drawn to the SW2 because it came in Rasta colour but the gold made me hesitate! I think it might pick up a nice patina over time.

Really digging my Rasta SW2! It was quite a bit larger than I was expecting but that's not a bad thing; can really get some good crank on it. I like that the top piece has some texture on it to help with grip and that removeable kief screen is a fantastic feature! The single revolution to open it is nice too! I almost feel it an extra 1/4 turn would benefit it though; that way you could do one full revolution with full torque and still have a little thread left to ensure you don't spill. I had one time where I over cranked the threads dealing with some particularly stubborn herb (probably loaded the grinder too much as well :tongue:) and then ended up spilling when I was cranking on it to get it open again. My fault for not remembering the SW2 has a different threading than my old grinder so it would open sooner! I'll get used to it; the grind quality more than makes up for that one self caused incident.

So what do you guys like and dislike about the SWII? Or other herb grinders in general? Preferably in list form.

Right now we're working on the SWIII. It's a bit early for it, but we've got some really good ideas. So if they all work out the way we like, we figure why wait to make the SWIII later when we can just crowdfund it?

So throw me whatever ideas you got. The good. The bad. The tinest of details that's could be improved. And anything else that you can think of. We're making a list!

I have two things. :smile:

1. The space for the bud in the grinder area... I'm not loving this. I find that, in order to grind without torquing on it, I have to break the bud into fairly small pieces. It sort of defeats the purpose imo. It's the same size pieces I would break the bud into to put into a typical grinder without that space.

2. The gasket on the top grinder part is awfully loose. I could see losing it easily. It's nice that it's removable, but if there is a way to tighten it slightly I think it would be a good idea.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back