Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
You're right. I find the empty space to be pretty awesome. But that initial first turn does require too much force. Personally, I still like it more than others, because i still find it easier to use after that first turn compared to others. - But it's definitely something that will need some work.

That gasket can be annoying. That thing will for sure be fixed.

I need to find my list of improvements we're making. I'll post it up when I find it.

Edit:

Found the list:

• Male Lid
  • Improve Loading zone
  • Deeper female hopper
  • New gasket
  • Extended sections around the threading to make it easier to guide in.
  • New Threading
  • Deeper bottom collection chamber
  • New Kerning?

Sorry for the double post. Can't find the edit button?

Either way, I've found the list:

• Male Lid
  • Improve the loading zone
  • Deeper female hopper
  • New gasket
  • Extended sections around the threading to make it easier to guide in.
  • New Threading
  • Deeper bottom collection chamber
  • New Kerning?
Edit: Of course I find the edit button after I post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure of the tooling costs but it would be awfully cool if you had essentially the same grinders but one with larger grind holes & the other with smaller grind holes for a finer grind. The only difference would be the holes so it may be a viable solution?

A 3 piece option with a concave base & high sidewalls.

Non stock grinding chamber.

If you added what improvements you listed, could have the two hole sizes & a 3/4 piece option you would have four quality grinders for minimal extra development costs.

@InterplanetaryTanner I'm loving my Super Weapon II, but am going to reiterate my feeling that the space for the bud in the grinding area creates a problem. You have to apply so much force to turn, for even a small bud, that the next chamber (where the ground bud is) gets tightened to the point of being really hard to open.

Keep in mind I am arthritic. And many mmj patients have arthritis or other dexterity issues. So the easy grind aspect of this grinder really appealed to me. I love everything else about it. But really feel that if that space was eliminated, you wouldn't have that issue as much. It sort of negates everything else you are trying to accomplish as far as ease of screwing/unscrewing.

Noted.

I'm young and somewhat lively, and it does take quite a bit of force in order to get that initial turn going. - But we found that space still helps by making you able to put the lid onto a fully "closed" position. Otherwise you end up fighting to get the lid closed. - That's been my experience anyway.

There's got to be somewhat of a middle ground approach we will end up taking in the next version… Maybe something like multiple "smaller" loading zones where you breaking it up slightly by hand, then placing it into the loading zone. - If you'd be willing to try that with the SWII, I'd be very eager to hear your thoughts!

I didn't even realize that when you turn it, it ends up tightening the second chamber… but that makes sense. We've already got a new threading system worked out. It should be a major improvement. I'll test it out and see if it gets super tight.

Has breaking it up a little by hand before loading it into the loading zone helped at all?
I tried that... and it really depends on how dry the material is. I still find that the next chamber, with the ground bud, tightens significantly but it's the biggest problem if the bud is a bit moist or fresh.

You know; it really just depends on what demographic you are trying to appeal to. If it's the general use population, this design is probably fine. But if you are also targeting the medical community, you are going to need to maybe make a few changes. :twocents:

Hmm… What about trying to grind the other direction?

We got some samples in with some possible new threading options and they all are still capable of tightening a lot. The new version likely won't come out for 12-15 months. So we got plenty of time to fix the issue.

Hmm… What about trying to grind the other direction?

Never even occurred to me to try lol..... :doh: Talk about habit. This works well as long as you keep pressure on the bottom compartments with your finger and thumb. But it could very well be the solution. You might want to add that you should turn it counter clockwise to your directions. :twocents:

I'm wondering if a locking design could be used?

Something with hooks and magnets?

The idea being that the components hook together with an extremely short twist but are held in the locked position with magnets.

***Very rough mock up***

Xpk60BG.jpg

Yep. You're pretty much 100% correct. And what you drew is pretty close to the new threading were working with… We just don't have the stopper added in yet. We just need to add the little vertical stopper in so it doesn't get overly tightened.

r3OC7Zd.jpg

I've also been meaning to post this… We sent a few grinders over to Phil Lewis for him to engrave. And the work he did was pretty amazing.

UKnQDhS.jpg

Here's the album of photos he sent me: http://imgur.com/a/NL5iy

Yep. You're pretty much 100% correct. And what you drew is pretty close to the new threading were working with… We just don't have the stopper added in yet. We just need to add the little vertical stopper in so it doesn't get overly tightened.

r3OC7Zd.jpg

I've also been meaning to post this… We sent a few grinders over to Phil Lewis for him to engrave. And the work he did was pretty amazing.

UKnQDhS.jpg

Here's the album of photos he sent me: http://imgur.com/a/NL5iy

I think that looks awesome fella. That new threading will certainly distinguish your device from the others on the market.

Are you going to use similar threads for the keif tray or are you sticking with the SWII keif tray threads? Mostly curious for those that like to remove the sift screen and work it as a 3 piece grinder. Will you offer different screen/mesh sizes? I suppose there is nothing stopping anyone from buying their own SS mesh and cutting it to shape.

How are the teeth looking?

Much prefer the hole size and spacing, I feel the ones on the SWII are too large (well the double spaced ones at least).

I notice you are going for the phoenician style of sift screen mounting, with the screw in the middle. Any particular reason why you are moving away from the magnetic design of the SWII. Not that I have an issue with it at all, not like one is removing the sift screen all that often, just curious really.

It's looking almost perfect bud, just needs to be in gold now :naughty2:

Are you going to use similar threads for the keif tray or are you sticking with the SWII keif tray threads? Mostly curious for those that like to remove the sift screen and work it as a 3 piece grinder. Will you offer different screen/mesh sizes? I suppose there is nothing stopping anyone from buying their own SS mesh and cutting it to shape.

Yep. the bottom threading will be the same.

The SWII currently has 60 and 100 mesh as options. We'll probably add some more options too… we'll just have to see.

But were still likely 12-15 months out until we make the next batch due to financial reasons. It's a real shame kickstarter and indiegogo changed their TOS...

Much prefer the hole size and spacing, I feel the ones on the SWII are too large (well the double spaced ones at least).

We have something very different we want to do with the holes… We're still working on figuring that out though. But if we end up not being able to pull it off. Well surely do something different with the holes compared to the SWII.

I notice you are going for the phoenician style of sift screen mounting, with the screw in the middle. Any particular reason why you are moving away from the magnetic design of the SWII. Not that I have an issue with it at all, not like one is removing the sift screen all that often, just curious really.

It's just a sample. Were totally sticking with the magnetic screen. The factory were working with just threw that on there to save themselves a few dollars.

It's looking almost perfect bud, just needs to be in gold now :naughty2:

The SWII is in gold!

The SWII is in gold!

I know, I have one :tongue: I likes it.

12-15 months out until we make the next batch

Luckily I'm a patient man.....Is it ready yet? How about now? Now?......:hungry:

Were totally sticking with the magnetic screen.

Glad to hear it, thats a solid design.

We have something very different we want to do with the holes…

Intrigued :sherlock:

After looking at the ad for my portable grinder. I just found out I had an 'air tight storage' compartment in the top. :goofy: Also over time, One of the two removable screens disappeared.
The materials tend to stay in thew grinder section. Which is good for windy conditions. Have a silicone wrist band around mine for grip.

GRINDERVAC-FLYER-WEB.jpg

I am a fan!
What was used was bud that was fairly dried, but that still had a little bit of "bounce" to it.
The first part of the video shows the Chewy 2 and the texture was great... not too fine (like for the MFLB) and just right for use with most vapes.
I loved the texture especially for the Silver Surfer.. as I still could get more hits by stirring the pile up... since it was not ground to dust using the Chewy 2.
The second part shows the "Chube".
I used larger nuggets in this one.
A handy device, alright, but not as consistently fine a grind as the Chewy 2.
The Chube works best when well filled.
Chewy 2 works with one tiny nug or filled to capacity.
I will be showing this to all patients that I meet, that have any "hand issues" whatsoever.
Lets take a look at the Chewy 2 in action:

EDIT:
Important things to take note of:
I did not close the door before closing the spring so viewers could see what was happening in there.
I figured users would read the enclosed instructions and read the posts around mine and that they would "know what's up". The device is meant to be shut before the trigger is released.
I forgot to use the "poker keeper" locvated on the trigger... I was too anxious to get started!

P.S.-
What I did not know was that the Chube was supposed to have no slice on the tip... to make containment more secure, and the grind more complete.

Last edited:
I do have arthritis in both my wrists. I have the chewy as well and mine seems to take a while to grind up a nugget. I would say a couple of minutes. It does a wonderful job with the grind. Light and fluffy as @Vitolo said.
I thought the Chube would be good to keep your stash in, if you are on the go. There doesn't seem to be a smell. I'm not sure if I would use it for a grinder unless I was in a pinch. It would fit nicely in my bag.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back