Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Has anyone here heard of Good Life Grinders?
here's a link
https://www.goodlifegrinders.com/

Sure have. The design is fascinating & certainly unique. I would take a punt on it but shipping is a killer in my neck of the woods.

at least they offer a 3" version.:thumbsup:

For your habits it is perfect Mr Plenty :dog:

The old non stick coating, haven't heard that before:lol:

Have you tried the SLX 2.0? Legit, real deal non stick grinder.

I am yet to find "the" grinder for me. If SLX made a 3 piece maybe? That Goodlife grinder does look interesting though.

I am with you @Stevenski , I am still looking for a good 4 piece fine grinder.....no rush though as my 3.5" Space Case is getting the job done.

Ran my Space Case through the ultrasonic cleaner in a dish of iso, I cannot believe how good a job it does. before;
IMG_20181209_151800.jpg

During;
IMG_20181209_161403.jpg

IMG_20181209_162928.jpg

After;
IMG_20181209_175517.jpg

Bonus from cleaning;
IMG_20181209_152113.jpg

Pollen/kief is sticky, not powdery like my old strain, and I will save the concentrate from the evaporated iso;
Triple filtered;
IMG_20181209_173712.jpg

I love my SpaceCase, tho I confess I’m fascinated by grinder design...raised by artists and engineers....
I clean mine the same way, but use EtOH(?). I scrape the kif, then bathe each piece separately, run them thru the dishwasher after.

I reuse the same ethanol batch until a piece comes out of the wash sticky. I know then that I’ve reached capacity, and I rewash them in a fresh jar while evaporating the old one.

I am yet to find "the" grinder for me. If SLX made a 3 piece maybe? That Goodlife grinder does look interesting though.
Haven't found 'the one true grinder' for myself either. Heard that Newvape has tried to come up with a 3 piece, but they haven't come up with a design that is as heavy duty as their two piece.

I like the large SLX that I use. It has a few minor drawbacks. Like say the pollen tray. KIM It does grip differently with the coating then ordinary teeth. But is my fav over my SCS. Which is a dependable grinder by most peoples standards.

The whole idea of a grinder with multiple teeth and screen choices does seem appealing. And I like things modular. But a solid use-as-needed grinder might waste less with less parts, grooves, etc for smaller bits to hide. Why the 2 piece from Newvape is appealing. If seperating keif isn't a thing. Allthough I suppose I could dump the contents in a old grinder already lying around.

Ran my Space Case through the ultrasonic cleaner in a dish of iso, I cannot believe how good a job it does. before;
You got some ISO tincture for your efforts as well. :science:Use every part of the buffalo.:nod:

Not as effective or refined as going ultrasonic, but heated up ISO with a basting brush will melt the goodness off that gummed up grinder also. Or glass.

A new twist on an old theme, how to dispense your ground herb from your grinder;

What do you think, gimmick, a good idea in theory but may not work in real life?

What do you think, gimmick, a good idea in theory but may not work in real life?

I think it is a well intentioned gimmick but would undoubtedly gum up quickly & retail plenty of bud.

One thing I always forget but need to remember is a clean grinder works so much better. My beat up old SLX was on the verge of replacement but I gave it a good iso soak & the old warhorse is churning buds like butter. Still needs replacing though.

Me too, as you know, I like V2 or later of most products, most bugs are ironed out by then.
I have opened an account with Ozbongs as they also sell Oilslick silicon pressing paper for AU$28 a roll and postage for both and a clam shell silicon case is only AU$12, subscribed to their site to get any info on sales, I can wait for sales...maybe, I want to try that paper!

Edit; Valliant Purple looks good

I got my SLX 2.0 nearly 4 years ago & it is worn & beaten up but she has had a hard life full of abuse :dog: .

I have the slx 2.0 as well. It's about 3 yr old I think. No problems at all, other than some black resin build up on the outside, where I grip it to turn. I'll clean it one of these years.

I'm not all that picky with grinders. I used the orange s and b grinder for many years. And a garage sale coffee grinder for bigger jobs.

My slx is the first grinder I shelled out major bucks for. And I'm happy with it.

My view of the Cloudious, and pretty much any electrical or complicated grinder, is that elegance in function is often found in simplicity and that many of these kinds of products are simply too complex for the simple application and will introduce more issues than solved.

I mean, I did spend pretty much 40 years hand tearing or using cuticle scissors! haha

years hand tearing
The ends of my fingers look a whole lot better since I started using grinders, I always did the hand tear, only 30 years worth for me, just a pup compared!
I have narrowed my choice to the SLX V2.5 or Lift or I might just clean my SpaceCase 88, seems like I only just did it...hmm

Edit; I see from the picture above that I cleaned it in December last year.

I'll clean it one of these years.

You would be surprised how much better it operates after a clean. Now the SLX stays functional much longer than any other grinder I have used but it is kind of like taking your car for a thrash after a service. You notice a difference in general usage.

You would be surprised how much better it operates after a clean.
I had a job to get my SpaceCase to start spinning last night, I better clean it...more before and after shots...tomorrow.
The only difference I notice after a car service is a dirtier windscreen from their so-called wash and a lighter wallet...maybe that is where the performance gain comes from!

After cleaning my SapaceCase again, it is working so nicely I cannot justify to myself a reason to get the SLX V2.5...for now!
Before,
IMG_20190903_160013.jpg

After,
IMG_20190903_182609.jpg

Shiny and slippery again...for a week or three then back on the SLX bandwagon again.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back