Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
The new SLX 2.5 arrives yesterday & I have put a few G through it already. By adding a black ring to the threaded section it has eliminated the potential for grinder lock. After 4 years of hard use my original SLX started to lock shut occasionally but it had taken a beating. The kief screen seems to have a more open weave but time will tell if I get the same fine blonde kief as the 2.0 produces. If it doesn't the old screen fits so I can just use that.

I can't say the 2.5 is a genuine improvement over the 2.0 but so far it is performing as expected & butter smooth. My only regret is I wish I got it in purple not green. The metallic green mist is nice but purple is my colour.

Hehe, I ordered my Purple Haze last week from Ozbongs, some oilslick pressing paper and a nogoo shell concentrate container...still waiting...must be coming by sail!
I almost went for the green, glad I didn't.

The threadless design of the BCG has caught my eye. I had a Chromium Crusher many years ago and always had issues with the threads. I ended up giving it to a friend and went back to my old favorite.

Here's the grinder I've been using for years. It doesn't jam but I do have to dig some sticky bits out of the blades when I'm done. I have a hard time justifying a new grinder when this one works well for me. But I keep looking. :smile:

grinder.jpg

The new SLX 2.5 arrives yesterday & I have put a few G through it already. By adding a black ring to the threaded section it has eliminated the potential for grinder lock. After 4 years of hard use my original SLX started to lock shut occasionally but it had taken a beating. The kief screen seems to have a more open weave but time will tell if I get the same fine blonde kief as the 2.0 produces. If it doesn't the old screen fits so I can just use that.

I can't say the 2.5 is a genuine improvement over the 2.0 but so far it is performing as expected & butter smooth. My only regret is I wish I got it in purple not green. The metallic green mist is nice but purple is my colour.
My color is Blue however pink and white work.
Black is good for the manufacturer’s!

Scissor’s are fine if you’re not in a rush?
GRINDER’S are luxurious!

I got my SLX V2.5 today and I am underwhelmed, it is nowhere near as smooth to operate as my few years old SpaceCase. I am not sure this is a genuine article as I can see a crusty line where the grinding plates meet,
IMG_20190930_131539.jpg

This is brand new and unused, what do you think @Stevenski, are these the real deal, I will send Ozbongs a message to see what they say.
Edit, another picture with a cotton swab of the 'worn' area,
IMG_20190930_133003.jpg

Edit, dry swab after a few turns,
IMG_20190930_134913.jpg

Last edited:
I got my SLX V2.5 today and I am underwhelmed, it is nowhere near as smooth to operate as my few years old SpaceCase. I am not sure this is a genuine article as I can see a crusty line where the grinding plates meet,
View attachment 13445
This is brand new and unused, what do you think @Stevenski, are these the real deal, I will send Ozbongs a message to see what they say.
Edit, another picture with a cotton swab of the 'worn' area,View attachment 13446
View attachment 13447
Gee, I was looking at these
That doesn't look great
BCG flaking, this one looking rough and leaking colour

What do ppl think of the lift?
Or is it just overpriced

Santa Cruz and space case may be the go....??

The shred grinder from HR is doing surprisingly well
It hasn't the price of others but is decent quality
Smooth action compared to many grinders I've tried in the past
Cuts pretty smooth and doesn't gunk up too much
I brush the threads clean after each use
Nice fine/medium grind
Only thing is I'd like a bigger area

I also use a $12 electric coffee grinder I've had for years from Kmart
This works great, just don't buzz too long or its powder

Last edited:
What do ppl think of the lift?
Or is it just overpriced
I like the look of the shiny all polished S/S lift but do not see much info on it,
1569832191212.png

Have to put your name down as they take ages to make due to polishing.

ozbongs,com got back to me with a link to ask SLX directly about the problem I am having, I found this info. on the SLX site;

SLX uses fused ceramic nano-particles that are certified by the Food and Drug Administration as safe for food contact. It is also approved for use in the tobacco manufacturing process. The coating is extremely durable if used appropriately and is able to resist temperatures higher than you will be burning your grind at. Even if a small particle of the coating somehow did chip off, it would not burn or incinerate and you would not be able to inhale it.

Legit or not that grinder has issues. My OG SLX 2.0 looked like that after two years of solid use, abuse & serial overloading but that ain't right after a week. I just wipes my friction areas with a dry cue tip & there has been no loss of coating. My money is on a bad coating batch as I have never heard of Oz Bongs selling KO products. Contact them for sure as that is just not acceptable.

One thing I can say is I had over 4 years of trouble free use with my 2.0 & the 2.5 appears no different so far.

I am looking for a small 3 three piece to load Arizer stems , any thoughts?

You can get a dedicated 3 piece like the SCS or Kannastor GR8TR or converting a 4 piece like the SLX to a 3 piece is a simple enough task.

that ain't right after a week.
I only got it today, Ozbongs handballed me to SLX, obviously, I will not use them again unless I have to as that is crap service.

Do that Les & make sure you let them know about OzBongs terrible service. You will probably get a far more satisfactory resolution from SLX direct anyways. If you can be bothered OzBongs do have an obligation to repair, replace or refund you under Australian consumer law.

The shred grinder from HR is doing surprisingly well
I had a 'Trees' aluminium grinder that came with a vape for free that worked quite well, it was definitely smoother than my new STX v2.ffs hehe

Do that Les
Done, I am sure it will all work out in the end but I think ozbongs have dropped the ball a bit...at least they were cheap!

View attachment 13445
Edit, another picture with a cotton swab of the 'worn' area,View attachment 13446
View attachment 13447
I have a question for you?
In the old daze we had sizzor’s to cut up a COLA before rolling a joint?
Trying to be modern and current I got a SPACE CASE 2.5” 4piece & a 4” 2 piece being the first one’s I bought?
They still work fine?
Maybe I just don’t get it?
My youngest got a electric grinder and it work’s surprisingly well?
Maybe I just don’t get it?
KIEF is $5.00 a gram so a two piece is fine.

I like opulence to a level beyond reason?
This grinder is the CAT’S MEOW?

Last edited:
I have owned my 88mm SpaceCase for a few years and I now that I do not consume as much I do not need to process as much at a time and my old 88mm(Tiger Tank) gets clogged very quickly so I thought I would give the SLX a try as it is reasonably priced and not supposed to gunk up as quickly as all other grinders due to the coating (that I am now having problems with).

Still no word from SLX, I redid the Ticket again earlier this week in case they missed it.
I also got in touch with Ozbongs for more assistance and they told me SLX has a habit of just sending a replacement without warning or notifying the customer.
I wish I had not purchased it, too small anyway and the kief catcher set up sucks.
Nice coloured paperweight.

Just turned my SpacCase 88mm into a 3 piece with a nice large catch area.
The mesh took some getting out and the retainer needed the help of a small drift, the grinder says made in the USA just like the hammer I butchered it with,
IMG_20191018_212511.jpg

Still no word, I sent Ozbongs a request for a return ticket yesterday as SLX should say SLaX.

I have got it spinning freely and smoothly but you can still get a qtip to pick up purple when cleaning. I gave it an iso bath in the ultrasonic cleaner and packed it away. I noticed there is bare metal scrapes where the teeth have hit as well, it really is a POS.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back