Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I've got a slx 2.0 that must be about 3, maybe 4 years now that's still going fine. It's purple, lol.

It's sounds like you got a copy or slx has went way downhill.

I also use a Coffee grinder for big jobs and a trees for small jobs.

I must be easy to please though, I used a plastic s and b grinder for many years.

I was more hands-on, just pull apart, add tobacco, paper, and fire...the good old days?

The ends of my fingers look a lot better since I started using grinders, I must have smoked a lot of skin over the years...I have 'office' hands now!

I was more hands-on, just pull apart, add tobacco, paper, and fire...the good old days?

The ends of my fingers look a lot better since I started using grinders, I must have smoked a lot of skin over the years...I have 'office' hands now!
Before I had a coffee grinder I used scissors
I'm sure I've smoked bits of finger from chopping and cutting myself
Lol

The secret world of vaping has so many benefits...

Young people are catching up though
When posting my hopper back again the other day I had to put down what it was, I told the young lad behind the desk it was a vape pen
He said - what is it a pax?....
Lol
I said na it's a pen e-cig vape

Then after I asked him how does he know what a pax is he said "oh haha experience I guess, na it's been pretty good" he looked half busted then lol

I then said that mine was a grasshopper and he knew

Not sure if I liked the lack of judgement or if I should be offended he immediately assumed I had a weed vape...lol
Felt like schooling him on some better options lol

My monster truck and my mini
20191126_131701.jpg

So I feel like a bit of a prick complaining about no service from SL\X as I just received the following mail,

[IMG]

thank you for your patience in waiting for your replacement SLX.

We apologize for the delay, and feel you deserve an explanation. Over the past six months, the SLX team took a hit - our Replacement Team manager, who had been with us since the beginning, lost his battle with cancer.

It's been a long road, but we have a new manager handling replacements, and shipments are back on track.

In recognition of your wait, we are sending you a factory new complete SLX to replace your damaged unit - regardless of the issue with your current SLX, you'll be receiving an entire new grinder.

Again, our most sincere apologies for the delay. Shipments have started, and depending on your location, should be arriving within 5-7 days (US) or 1-2 weeks (international).

Regards,

The SLX Team

So I should get a replacement in a couple of weeks.

20191203_192304.jpg

This little surprise showed up with my most recent VGoodiez order. :thumbsup: I'm not sure if I should thank Scott for the awesome present or admonish him for trying to trigger my Grinder Acquisition Syndrome!

I'm going to go ahead and thank him as my curiosity was actually piqued by this product in the past......almost like it was meant to happen, destiny on a small scale.

I rate them as 'Uncleanable', wood is great for a lot of things, being a grinder is not one of them!
But that is just me

My limited experience with the Futo has been positive. My 3.5 inch CC seems to get way more clogged up and is pretty gnarly looking on the inside during a grind.

Maybe it's just me, but ground cannabis doesn't seem to stick to wood as much as metal. I believe this to the point that I use tooth picks as my main accessory. To fully disclose tho, I prefer by herb on the dry side too, so that may explain my luck.

Anyway. Back to the grinder, my biggest skepticism is regarding herb cutting ability after long term use. Guess this will have to be wait and see.

So far the grind is comparable to my conventional grinder. Kind of apples to oranges from there tho. It's a 2 piece, weighs a fraction of the big one and fits nicely in a pocket.

Excellent quality and definitely not something I absolutely need, but hey, 90% of the shit in my life isn't mine based on need.

Kind a fun accessory. I'll get back with a report later on if anyone cares to hear it.

Not yet, international buyers have to wait at least 2 weeks longer than the US so it may show up this week or maybe just in time for Xmas.

I have actually been using mine with just the cutting plates held over my SpaceCase herb chamber as it can hold enough for at least a day of vaping.

I have now ultrasonic cleaned it...again and the purple has all but stopped shedding (it looks a bit worn out already though).

I have packed it up to give to a friend for Xmas.

Still got my gr8tr.. just about..
20191220_183227.jpg

Police have had it twice in the last year, got it back both times, full of weed and clearly stinking.... so basically on 2 occasions the police supplied me cannabis..

Good to see you back @Kellya86. Been a while between drinks mate.

Wood grinders are best cleaned with a stiff bristled brush like a toothbrush. So long as the wood is suitably hard it will grind just fine. Be interesting to see how clean @Basement Farmer could get that futo with a brush.

Good to see you back @Kellya86. Been a while between drinks mate.

Thanks mate it has been quite a while..

Anyone here got the gr8tr v2..????

That grinder must smell nice and dank. :smug:

Why yes.....yes it does.:nod:

It looks like it will gunk up quickly and not be as affective at cutting as time passes

Is it sensible to use iso on wood to clean?

Actually it wasn't terrible. I deliberately didn't clean it for the entire grind just to see what happened. I would hold one half at a time and give the bases a few taps to dump it out. Also cleaned the magnets off occasionally as bud would get crushed between them.....something common to any magnetized grinder.

Material was consistent and seemed ground nicely (shredded....not crushed)

I've never had a two piece before so that was a minor challenge as it requires a different work flow.

So far I'm happy with it and think it'd be fine for your average weekend warrior. My curiosity about the long term cutting ability remains.

Thinking I "need" a 3" Mendo Mulcher 2 piece to analyze and compare
:science:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back