Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Same coffee\spice mill for years here.
Makes the grind any where from course to fine depending on how I use it.
Best piece of gear I have that's not a vape or glass.
That's how the coffee grinder works I used (still own two)
I find they are trich hogs though (that grinder "hash" builds up quick and is nice though lol) and the flavour isn't as good now I vape as with a hand grinder
The grinder powder was nice but now I make rosin and oils or even proper hash it's not the same quality
I like the hand grinders for flavour and keeping trichs in the mix these days

Always used the electric coffee grinders though for years for ease of use and speed

That's how the coffee grinder works I used (still own two)
I find they are trich hogs though (that grinder "hash" builds up quick and is nice though lol) and the flavour isn't as good now I vape as with a hand grinder
The grinder powder was nice but now I make rosin and oils or even proper hash it's not the same quality
I like the hand grinders for flavour and keeping trichs in the mix these days

Always used the electric coffee grinders though for years for ease of use and speed
Scissors then grinder (hand)usefully?
Haven’t experienced a coffee grinder?
After a bumper crop like harvest perhaps!

Scissors then grinder (hand)usefully?
Haven’t experienced a coffee grinder?
After a bumper crop like harvest perhaps!
Used bandage scissors for the sharp blades and blunted ends
Nice big holes for my fingers (keep your minds out of the gutter)
Since I got my Santa Cruz grinder it has been better, no scissors
Some finger loops on the unit I have would make it perfect (hint, hint)
IMG_20210620_111426.jpgIMG_20210620_111715.jpg

Used scissors for years when no grinders around (the ol thumb chop sucks lol)
Coffee grinder at home

I find the hand grinders when good quality ones are easier to get the consistent uniform grind without effort
Better mix/chop I feel

I only say this as a vaper, we taste and consume in a way it matters more
As a smoker I loved the whizzer as was quick and easy
Would scrape out the dust in the lid and under blades when built up

arb, I now feel the same way regarding my New Vape grinder.

While it's grind is fine I can achieve any grind I want with it. When grinding for the days use I grind 1/2 fine the other 1/2 I rotate grinder to the right then left & right again done & mix both piles together.

This for me provides the the best flavor & vapor while not using as much herb as would be used if it were all ground fine. On my days off I'll load a basket for my EVO 1/2 full of nothing but super fine ground herb. Usually two of those from whatever strain I have will break through any accumulated tolerance.

not using as much herb as would be used if it were all ground fine.
I am thinking that my large BCG has a finer chop than my 88mm SpaceCase and is the reason I can fit over 3g in one Plenty bowl where before I only used to fit just over 1g...my old scale could not have been that far out of whack.

I definitely prefer a smaller load of finer grind for vapor production.
I don't understand the whole taste better course thing.
Taste is the vapor.........more vapor means more taste no matter how I do it.
I don't seem to be doing that correctly.
Too much fine ground will clog and cause hot spotting but that's user error not better taste........no clog same flavor.
I did go scrape out the unit and it has much more room now.
The scrapings are very tasty and extremely finely ground.
Kieff is super fine and has many of the same characteristics.
Very similar to the grind from a storz and bickel grinder.
:homer:

I definitely prefer a smaller load of finer grind for vapor production.
I don't understand the whole taste better course thing.
Taste is the vapor.........more vapor means more taste no matter how I do it.
I don't seem to be doing that correctly.
Too much fine ground will clog and cause hot spotting but that's user error not better taste........no clog same flavor.
I did go scrape out the unit and it has much more room now.
The scrapings are very tasty and extremely finely ground.
Kieff is super fine and has many of the same characteristics.
Very similar to the grind from a storz and bickel grinder.
:homer:
I use a fine grind in my BCG
Always prefer fine grind as a smoker or vaper

More taste to me is not the fine grind vs coarse
It's the coffee grinder powders most of the trichs and terps into that grinder "hash" so the mix itself loses out on flavour and hit
As a smoker it was no issues, as a vaper there's a noticeable difference
The whizzer powder is fun when I was combusting and as @ataxian would say "uncivilized"
But it has lots more plant material than proper made dry sift or ice hash and tastes no where as good
Hand grinder kief is better also as has gone through a screen and is more pure than whizzer powder (although now I like my trichs in the mix)

Taste is terps not vapour
Otherwise we'd have taste the entire chamber instead of the first few draws before it gets toasty flavoured
When I first started vaping I still used the coffee grinder
After getting decent hand grinders even before the BCG I have noticed a much better flavour and hit from my weed

Last edited:
Is there a huge difference between the fine and med grind plate? i feel like i should have bought all 3 plates.
the med. seems fine for AP vaping, maybe if GFL gets their lead times shorter i'll try and order a fine plate.
I only have a fine plate so nothing to compare to in the BCG (only comparing to the coffee grinder)
My shred grinder from HR was more coarse and was also good
I still prefer the fine plate on BCG though as you get more vapour and hit as @arb says and I preferred fine as a smoker too

I think I should have got the coarse plate with my LBCG, the grind just looks a bit flat for my convection liking, just not fluffy like the 88mm SpaceCase. I will get some comparison pics eventually.

I think I should have got the coarse plate with my LBCG, the grind just looks a bit flat for my convection liking, just not fluffy like the 88mm SpaceCase. I will get some comparison pics eventually.
I find fine is better for convection too
Coarser seems to make less thick vapour
I get a nice fluffy mix from the fine plate
The medium/coarse plate the shred had did seem a bit fluffier maybe but I think that was just bigger chunks has more space between them so it appeared that way

It's going to be one of those personal preference situations as to which is best
I prefer fine as I get more weed in the bowl and that gives a bigger/thicker cloud and stronger hit especially with convection that isn't getting the oven heat

I know many like medium grinds

I'm a fine grind fan also.
Whatever float’s one’s pool toy///?

CANNABIS (French) base of da peak grown (wind, water, lava soil, sunshine, super cropping = flavor)
Vaporizing COLAS of CANNABIS GIRL’S is CIVILIZED behavior on he dot called home.

I was a lover of scissors back in time until the hand grinder was invented by stoned creator in a pad covered in vegetation provided by the environment (jungle / forest at the base of a range of hill’s covered in volcanic soil!

Had 2 rant?
POT is CIVILIZATIONAL CANNABIS LIFE!

Next HARVEST: coffee grinder 2 test COLAS = (top of the tree that receive’s the light or tail’s of a creature in a Darwin type logic)

@arb what do U purr-ferre?
I hand grind with a 4”space case. 2 piece or a 2” however KIEF is very cheap so no need 2 collect it?

Last edited:
Whatever float’s one’s pool toy///?

CANNABIS (French) base of da peak grown (wind, water, lava soil, sunshine, super cropping = flavor)
Vaporizing COLAS of CANNABIS GIRL’S is CIVILIZED behavior on he dot called home.

I was a lover of scissors back in time until the hand grinder was invented by stoned creator in a pad covered in vegetation provided by the environment (jungle / forest at the base of a range of hill’s covered in volcanic soil!

Had 2 rant?
POT is CIVILIZATIONAL CANNABIS LIFE!

Next HARVEST: coffee grinder 2 test COLAS = (top of the tree that receive’s the light or tail’s of a creature in a Darwin type logic)

@arb what do U purr-ferre?
I hand grind with a 4”space case. 2 piece or a 2” however KIEF is very cheap so no need 2 collect it?
002.jpg

I use that tank of a coffee mil for volume or a storz and bickel for small samples.

Arb, a beaker & straight tube. I have other glass pieces. However for vaping I have yet to find anything that beats a straight tube for over all performance & versatility. I think Old School glass is still the best in some cases. I believe every Vapor / Dabber Guy / Gal should have a heavy 9 mil thick straight tube around. Just to dang versatile not have on hand.

The youngest child still living at home until her brain is full of knowledge taught me how to use a WP?
And I thought I was a pro?
At least the COLAS VAPED R CIVILIZED?
KID”s!
Our youngest is now rock climbing without safety gear for shits and giggles.........kids indeed.
Hope you're feeling well and the pools warm enough.

Our youngest is now rock climbing without safety gear for shits and giggles.........kids indeed.
Hope you're feeling well and the pools warm enough.
I have 2 tell U a true story?
One of da boys was surfing at a break in the South Pacific kind of huge wave’s that required a jet ski 2 even catch a rideable one?
The guy that drove the ski surfed with me and like mined troll’s back in the 1970’s!
Dazed & confused was a normal state of thinking after a session of harvesting R crop of CANNABIS that was crossed with different strain’s of Herb 4 setting our head”s clear.
Sorry 2 rant such garbled history of a hippy surfer on this blue dot we reside on!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back