Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growing is so relaxing

At the moment, as I said, it simply drives me crazy! :BangHead:
Yes, I found it really irritating at first. It's depth of focus is very very short. I stand in front of the plant I'm inspecting and choose a bud. I place the scope on the bud itself, touching it and position myself looking through it. Then I very slowly pull the scope away from the bud maybe a mm at a time until suddenly it all comes into full sharp glorious focus. It takes a bit of fiddling with it to hone your technique but once you're onto it, it's a good device.

You had been considering buying one of them because your 3x5 x jeweler loupe is not satisfying, right?
Wrong, I was looking at them for uploading pictures here. :thumbsup:
I wonder what do other users here use to check the trichomes
My loop has 10x magnification on one end and 20x magnification on the other. Paired with my reading glasses and an Olight H2R headlamp is plenty for the job.:smile:
I've had it for several years and am very happy with it,
OK, I won't delete them from my watch lists just yet.

Yes, I found it really irritating at first. It's depth of focus is very very short. I stand in front of the plant I'm inspecting and choose a bud. I place the scope on the bud itself, touching it and position myself looking through it. Then I very slowly pull the scope away from the bud maybe a mm at a time until suddenly it all comes into full sharp glorious focus. It takes a bit of fiddling with it to hone your technique but once you're onto it, it's a good device.
You have described perfectly :lmao:! It is really a very meticulous job but I think you are right that it is a matter of practice. I will practice tomorrow..They are sleeping now :weed:
Wrong, I was looking at them for uploading pictures here. :thumbsup:

I see.
My loop has 10x magnification on one end and 20x magnification on the other. Paired with my reading glasses and an Olight H2R headlamp is plenty for the job.:smile:

I see. That makes more sense.

Last edited:
You will if I ever get around to buying one!
That said, I do have one of those magnifiers that attach to your phone camera that I forgot I have. I will try it out again now I have a decent phone camera (Poco X3 that has a Sony 64mp sensor, the Amazon microscope uses a 2mp sensor)

You will if I ever get around to buying one!
That said, I do have one of those magnifiers that attach to your phone camera that I forgot I have. I will try it out again now I have a decent phone camera (Poco X3 that has a Sony 64mp sensor, the Amazon microscope uses a 2mp sensor)
My phone - Xiaomi 11t pro - has also a relatively good macro function but it's not as strong as the Carson microscope.

relatively good macro function
The device I am talking about takes advantage of your phone's HD camera by mounting a high-magnification lens onto it as most macro lenses built into phones are not that good.
I just have to find mine, it looks like this but also has LEDs,
1670319159774.png

The device I am talking about takes advantage of your phone's HD camera by mounting a high-magnification lens onto it as most macro lenses built into phones are not that good.
I just have to find mine, it looks like this but also has LEDs,
View attachment 42655

Oh yes I knew about these lenses but I thought that they were ment for smartphone that don't have a macro lens.

I see. I don't know how good they are but I can imagine this should be a more handy / easier way to use than the microscope I'm trying to get used to

Oh yes I knew about these lenses but I thought that they were ment for smartphone that don't have a macro lens.
Your 11tT Pro has a 5MP macro sensor so the pictures may be pretty good, you will have to experiment and post some pics of those trichomes.

4 hours in, had to swap gloves and scissors twice as often, quite sticky with less fox tailing due to better climate control.
Bottom half of the plants tomorrow.
1672645917297.jpg

Sticky fingers=fuzzy pics I am afraid.

I am not having much fun with my new LED light, I don't think it produces enough heat for Tassie winter growing. These clones looked pretty good when transplanted but they have all been slow to grow, been droopy and have all turned yellow. My eyes are hurting from all the jeweler loop inspecting...no critters and the nutrients have been flushed and swapped twice with no help.
I give up on this crop and have turned the light to 12/12 to start budding and get ready for warmer weather growing.
1690073925086.jpg

:thinker:

I have been experiencing a similar issue with one of my two ladies (Super Lemon Haze) with the leaves looking absolutely not healthy.
Difficult to say what the problem could be.
I have always used the same ph and nutrients for all my previous growing. This is the first time that I have experienced this issue.
It could even simply be a bad genetic :weed:
But it is worth mentioning what this poor plant experienced. I don't know if this is the reason why she is still sick?:idon'tknow::

In my absence (6 weeks) the plants grew faster than I calculated and I found the plant touching the lamps. it was pretty burnt! :yikes:
I cleaned her and she slowly recovered but she keeps producing such leaves:

1692363691009.jpg

Any suggestions?

Just keep cutting out the bad leaves (I had to stop as there would be no leaves left), I am also dealing with a new to me problem I have not seen before, I think mine is cold related due to my new LED light not producing much heat compared to my 630wCMH. Instead of a sea of green I have a sea of yellow with tiny popcorn buds :disgust:

Just keep cutting out the bad leaves (I had to stop as there would be no leaves left), I am also dealing with a new to me problem I have not seen before, I think mine is cold related due to my new LED light not producing much heat compared to my 630wCMH. Instead of a sea of green I have a sea of yellow with tiny popcorn buds :disgust:

I am doing it exactly this way.

I got myself some Inkbird controllers and CO2/RH/Temp meters to assist in monitoring with my AC Infinity controller. I have moved to wi-fi with the Inkbird gear as the Bluetooth can be a bit hit or miss. I have re-used my old mobile phones as monitors and you can see I have an alert from my Mumma plant...too hot, I can get the Inkbird ITC-308 to switch on the aircon as it has simple AC plugs to control switching on/off but smart devices that need more than just power added to perform do not work.
1706073298639.jpg

Got a new batch of babies underway,
1709101025979.jpg

Keeping track of strains will take a bit of getting used to...drying and curing will be fun :uhoh:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back