Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growing is so relaxing

It's covered by my medical plan. This summer is where i take control of my own medical supply . According to the Health Canada calculator I'm allowed to grow 60 outdoor, or 25 indoor, plants. That's if i apply for a license, which seems like an extra step that provides no real benefits.

Do for self.............I respect that.

I heard a story about one of my old caregivers, they had a powdery mildew issue with their flower and had it processed for BHO. That explained the huge sales, $380/oz, this lasted for about 9 months. This is a medical caregiver, not that it should matter either way. It was at that point that I knew I couldn't trust any of them. Every time I reapply for my medical card, all the patients grow, nobody picks a caregiver.

Here is the list of 'approved' pesticides, from an organization that actually says Health in their title. This could be cross-posted to the Cannabis in Canada thread...

I spoke with another LP, asking them which chemicals they used on their crops. MedReleaf's response: we use all of them, but not all at the same time, and in an ethical manner'.

Registered Pesticides
The Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) maintains a database repository of registered pesticides that are approved for use on marijuana.

As of August 9, 2018, there are 22 registered pesticides approved by PMRA for use on cannabis (marijuana) that is produced commercially indoors. They are:

• Agrotek Ascend Vaporized Sulphur
  • Bio-Ceres G WP
  • Bioprotec Caf
  • Bioprotec Plus
  • Botanigard 22 WP
  • Botanigard ES
  • BW240 WP Biological Fungicide
  • Cyclone
  • Doktor Doom Formula 420 Professional Use 3-in-1
  • Influence LC
  • Kopa Insecticidal Soap
  • Lacto-San
  • MilStop Foliar Fungicide
  • Neudosan Commercial
  • Opal Insecticidal Soap
  • Prestop
  • Purespray green spray oil 13E
  • Rootshield(R) WP Biological Fungicide
  • Rootshield HC Biological Fungicide Wettable Powder
  • Rootshield Plus WP Biological Fungicide
  • Sirocco
  • Vegol Crop Oil
Information and labels for the pesticides approved by the PMRA are available in the Pesticides and Pest Managementsection of the PMRA website.

If licensed producers have questions or concerns regarding pesticides, or would like approval on the use of particular pesticides, they are encouraged to contact PMRA for information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...poses-unauthorized-pest-control-products.html

The disregard for people's health over profit is not a new concept.........sadly I fear it will always happen so better to be safe.
Which will make you feel better and help you relax............viola.

Through a local compassion club, actually at two clubs I've taught people how to grow indoors. I only grow organically so that's all I really know but fairly frequently I was called to someone's house to help with a grow related problem. The things I saw gave me the shivers. Both because of dangerous conditions like shady electrical to putting poison on plants to keep bugs away. And some not only were openly breaking the law but not even taking easy common sense steps to protect themselves from the law. Most of these people were just growing for themselves, but still.....

Through a local compassion club, actually at two clubs I've taught people how to grow indoors. I only grow organically so that's all I really know but fairly frequently I was called to someone's house to help with a grow related problem. The things I saw gave me the shivers. Both because of dangerous conditions like shady electrical to putting poison on plants to keep bugs away. And some not only were openly breaking the law but not even taking easy common sense steps to protect themselves from the law. Most of these people were just growing for themselves, but still.....

Stoopid is an integral part of human nature.........scary is as scary does.

The first time i grew there were bugs chewing on leaves. Not wanting to use toxins i did a search and found a reference to cinnamon water. A tablespoon of cinnamon boiled in a litre or two of water, filtered and sprayed on plants, seemed to work just dandy. No more chewed leaves. I assumed its ok, seeing as it's less toxic than many things at the store. I didn't use it much, and stopped a couple of weeks prior to harvest.
What else might work to keep bugs at bay?

I like predatory insects for indoor issues..........you can tailor them to your issue.
Outdoors I never worried about except for yellow hoppers......those assholes eat the whole damn plant and a tennis racket is all that seems to stop those humps.........lolz.

I must be getting old, 2 hours clipping and I have had enough for the day and barely made a dent in what needs to be done,

IMG_20191027_191932.jpg

I found an item that helps me when mixing nutrients. I have to add 32ml of part A & part B of liquid fertilizer to an 8-liter bucket of water..
I have always used large plastic syringes but always have trouble seeing the correct level.
This new syringe has a plunger that has a screw adjustment to set at your desired level, I got 2 and removed the adjustment screw from one to use as a lock nut on the other,
IMG_20191109_163437.jpg

Nice One @LesPlenty I was using plastic syringes as well but found not only was it difficult to see exact level as you say, the bloody lines printed on them would wipe off eventually. Just got to where I hated throwing away yet another bit of plastic, when it still worked no less. So I found some big glass 10ml pipettes/droppers on the bay that were cheap and well made with baked-on measuring lines and they work well enough but... we're talking unprotected glass in a room with concrete floor. Now those look like the bees knees: reusable, sturdy as hell and not much more than a few plastic syringes (least in UK); well done my man, those are definitely the smart money move. I never thought to look at veterinary/animal husbandry shit, you're a freakin' genius!

EDIT: Guess I can put this here. I wound up with only one baby this run as I lost one during an early transplant, but I was left with a well growing Glookies and decided to let it be all it can be. To that end, I repotted it from a 17L into a bigger 30L (7 gallon) fabric pot, and now going into flower it's a decent size shrubbery. Bushy as hell, lots of side branches and emerging cola sites. So far, my first run with Photos is way more relaxing than my last, which was my first ever and with Autos. I'm kinda glad that I've only got one plant to focus on and that extra TLC seems to have translated into a happier plant. I'm only providing for one vaporist so the yield will be fine, love not smoking on so many different levels!

Last edited:
the bloody lines printed on them would wipe off eventually

I would use an engraver to mark the 32ml level then color over the line with a permanent marker occasionally, just the one black line to line up to but I still like the new one better.

So the weather has finally warmed up and dried out enough for me to strip the buds from the stems to start the curing process (21 to 23 days hanging on a line to get to the crunchy bud, bendy stem stage). One problem, my new 2ltr jars are here but the new 21-liter Cvault I ordered a week earlier is overdue and no reason why...
So lose trichs in the old bucket system or wait for the new drum? The weather is supposed to be getting hotter too...46c or 115f on mainland Oz so colling off to what it was. It is supposed to get to 33c (91f) in Hobart tomorrow (Oz's most southern city)
Too much stress, better have a dab, that latest puck is bloody near empty again..ahhh remember thread title.

So the weather has finally warmed up and dried out enough for me to strip the buds from the stems to start the curing process (21 to 23 days hanging on a line to get to the crunchy bud, bendy stem stage). One problem, my new 2ltr jars are here but the new 21-liter Cvault I ordered a week earlier is overdue and no reason why...
So lose trichs in the old bucket system or wait for the new drum? The weather is supposed to be getting hotter too...46c or 115f on mainland Oz so colling off to what it was. It is supposed to get to 33c (91f) in Hobart tomorrow (Oz's most southern city)
Too much stress, better have a dab, that latest puck is bloody near empty again..ahhh remember thread title.
Ahhh, but the thread title says growing is relaxing. It says nothing about drying and curing, and that is a different animal. Well, it is for me. Something, something, weather, something something humidity, always something. By the time all is dried and cured, I'm a nervous wreck and need the weed to calm down, but that's what it's for, so.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back