Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growing is so relaxing

It looks like they have 'seen it all before...'

Welcome, @Basement Farmer. It's good to have you here, and I'm looking forward to more pix of the pets.
Your helpers are slackers..........
Thanks Madri-Gal. Great to be here. I was a regular on FC a while back but gave up herb for a few years (shouldn't have) When my state went recreational in January, I dug out the lamps and seeds. God I missed it. Ha, ha.

The couch creatures are doing what they do best Shredder, loafing their asses off.

I use 5 gallon plastic buckets to water with. They're actually used 5 gallon kitty litter buckets. I like them better than homer buckets because of the 1\2" wide handles. One of those handles broke on me today in my 10x10 veg room and spilt 4.5 gallons of water including some homemade stinky fertilizer.

The good news was my humidity went from 35% to 55%, lol.

I got myself a Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Plant Care bluetooth monitor,
1576719994467.png

IMG_20191219_123857.jpg

It is a bit warm at this time but the lights are about to turn off for 8 hours so all OK.

I have a cheap tablet monitoring all the time. I had a light blow once and did not find for a few days, this device soon warns if the parameters are not met (no light).
It also gives you graphs to play with for different periods of time (up to years?)
The instructions say the CR2032 battery is meant to last 12 months, mine was lucky to last 2 months (I now run it off a spare cr123a I had for my night vision goggles)
One less thing to worry about!

That's badass @LesPlenty I'll have to remember this before my next run because I've had two weird incidents this time that thankfully I caught early on (I think :tongue: ) and neither were scary safety emergencies just potential trauma to the sole inhabitant. I'm also very grateful that she is a resilient and hearty lady, nothing really gets her down. I'm super stoked because when I selected these beans, this particular strain was fairly new and there wasn't a lot of info but I felt reasonably confident based on parentage & breeder (GG#4xThin Mint GSC and Barney's Farm). Now I find it's a California favourite and highly effective for medical users apparently. :naughty2: SCORE!!!

Glookies aka Gorilla Cookies <-thankfully created so I don't have to say "glookies"; should have seen/heard me ordering from a lovely local lady: "WHAT?!" she said :rofl: I said it three times and then had to spell it! we both had a laugh but I was proper embarrassed by the silly name. I think the awkwardness is going to be worth it though! I'm about a week or so away from the chop and she's really looking good, even got a couple proper colas for @ataxian just the way he likes them! She packs on the weight with many fruit-bearing branches, has excellent cold and mold resistance so it's suited for lots of climates and conditions. I'm in a detached garage with no insulation so all this makes it a perfect Christmas Crop for me!!! Ho-ho-ho! I can't weight to see what the final weight will finally be! Okay, I'll stop now. Sorry... :disgust: So lame...

That's badass @LesPlenty I'll have to remember this before my next run because I've had two weird incidents this time that thankfully I caught early on (I think :tongue: ) and neither were scary safety emergencies just potential trauma to the sole inhabitant. I'm also very grateful that she is a resilient and hearty lady, nothing really gets her down. I'm super stoked because when I selected these beans, this particular strain was fairly new and there wasn't a lot of info but I felt reasonably confident based on parentage & breeder (GG#4xThin Mint GSC and Barney's Farm). Now I find it's a California favourite and highly effective for medical users apparently. :naughty2: SCORE!!!

Glookies aka Gorilla Cookies <-thankfully created so I don't have to say "glookies"; should have seen/heard me ordering from a lovely local lady: "WHAT?!" she said :rofl: I said it three times and then had to spell it! we both had a laugh but I was proper embarrassed by the silly name. I think the awkwardness is going to be worth it though! I'm about a week or so away from the chop and she's really looking good, even got a couple proper colas for @ataxian just the way he likes them! She packs on the weight with many fruit-bearing branches, has excellent cold and mold resistance so it's suited for lots of climates and conditions. I'm in a detached garage with no insulation so all this makes it a perfect Christmas Crop for me!!! Ho-ho-ho! I can't weight to see what the final weight will finally be! Okay, I'll stop now. Sorry... :disgust: So lame...
OUTDOOR is my preference!
I have 10 or more different strain’s of seed’s!
WEDDING CAKE I don’t have?
The CANNABIS STORE has NUGGETS to sample.
BUYING THIS STRAIN I WILL TRY!
If it work’s I will grow some tree’s?
DUTCH TREAT, GIRL SCOUT COOKIES work well for ATAXIA.
GDP I’m night friend before bed.
DUTCH CRUNCH is just for me!
SATIVA SIDE mostly.

Last edited:
I have had some delicious Wedding Cake recently, it is tasty!
I didn’t think you grew at all anymore?
If I lived in Cali, I would like to grow outdoors.
But the good good in all varieties is so freakin cheap there, I might just buy it! :biggrin:
Great thing about farming is you know everything about the crop.
I like that piece of mind and beside...growing is so relaxin! :cool:

Yeah...I live in the northern latitudes too and our sun can be pretty lame....the only thing that grows well outdoors is rutabaga

Homegrown is the same as gardening and canning vegetables or possibly homebrewing. Probably not worth your time if you have decent cheap available produce......but if you enjoy the activity it for sure is. Also, much like produce, it's generally fresher.

I have had some delicious Wedding Cake recently, it is tasty!
I didn’t think you grew at all anymore?
If I lived in Cali, I would like to grow outdoors.
But the good good in all varieties is so freakin cheap there, I might just buy it! :biggrin:
Great thing about farming is you know everything about the crop.
I like that piece of mind and beside...growing is so relaxin! :cool:
I grow for COLAS mainly!
There is no profit for COLAS?
Just for cultural reason I guess?
I’m in OC and only SURFER’S know about them?
In the earlier 70’s MAINLAND MEXICO (before brick weed) COLAS is what we brought back after surf trip’s!

Last edited:
even got a couple proper colas
Nice, I don't care what people say about 'Money Shots' big colas are just a pleasure to live with, from just admiring as they grow to being easy to trim and hang and cure, there is a lot to love when it comes to big colas!

1577087429102.png

Nice and healthy!

Nice, I don't care what people say about 'Money Shots' big colas are just a pleasure to live with, from just admiring as they grow to being easy to trim and hang and cure, there is a lot to love when it comes to big colas!

View attachment 15336
Nice and healthy!

I had a patients SIL complain that large buds hid big stems and should be broke up. I laughed it off, first time I've ever heard that.

In the 70's we could not identify buds in mexi brick weed. Seeds n stems, stones, dirt, yes, but no buds due to terrible handling and pressing into bricks.

I guess youngins are spoiled. I'd flip out if I seen a bag then, that my patients get now, lol.

A lot of time and effort goes into those pretty flowers.

I had a patients SIL complain that large buds hid big stems and should be broke up. I laughed it off, first time I've ever heard that.

In the 70's we could not identify buds in mexi brick weed. Seeds n stems, stones, dirt, yes, but no buds due to terrible handling and pressing into bricks.

I guess youngins are spoiled. I'd flip out if I seen a bag then, that my patients get now, lol.

Depends how much you are buying I guess
When on low budget and buying small amounts a big stem could be a gram of your quarter
I could understand that being annoying

Big buds are nicer to have than lots of little ones though and have come from nice plants usually

It’s a matter of exposure maybe?
COLAS were a privilege I guess?
I grew acreage outside while I surfed.
Nature did the work?
We pulled the Male’s to prevent seed’s from messing up the joint’s?
Knowledge was not obtained!
SURVIVAL was all that mattered.
My COUSIN’S were from the 60’s & l spend my teenage years in the 70’s.
Missed their era and very jealous!
Now the 70’s was interesting, please don’t miss understand my writing?
Love is all you need.

Last edited:
When on low budget and buying small amounts a big stem could be a gram of your quarter
Haha, that is another good reason why growing is actually relaxing, knowing the whole plant is yours to do with as you like and not having to worry where to get the next best deal from...it is all in your own hands.
Roll on legalization for Oz, for me it would mean access to different strains to grow after being able to sample the strains first to make sure I like them.

Depends how much you are buying I guess
I could understand that being annoying

Big buds are nicer to have than lots of little ones though and have come from nice plants usually

The biggest buds come from a plants top, where they get the most light, and usually the strongest, cannabinoid wise, if not overall.

Ive never had an opportunity to buy buds as big as what my patients get. But I have bought plenty of crappy bags, and some very nice buds, but not 3+ inches long and hard as a rock. I usually press the mid size buds, small ones go in free to patients trim, and big buds are what patients get when they request herb.

The biggest buds come from a plants top, where they get the most light, and usually the strongest, cannabinoid wise, if not overall.

Ive never had an opportunity to buy buds as big as what my patients get. But I have bought plenty of crappy bags, and some very nice buds, but not 3+ inches long and hard as a rock. I usually press the mid size buds, small ones go in free to patients trim, and big buds are what patients get when they request herb.
This is why I say big buds are more desirable than small buds, at least to me

But when people are buying grams or quarters at a time they want/need as much for their $$ as they can get

I definitely prefer a big cola overall
And have not had to scrounge for weed for a good while

But I can understand those on a tight budget looking for every last point they can

If all you have is a $20 gram of weed (at least in ausland) you look at a big stem as a missed cone or two

I feel you though @Shredder and also think if we had more access to better quality full stop in this country it would be a bit different - although once people got used to it they would be the same....lol

This is why I say big buds are more desirable than small buds, at least to me

But when people are buying grams or quarters at a time they want/need as much for their $$ as they can get

I definitely prefer a big cola overall
And have not had to scrounge for weed for a good while

But I can understand those on a tight budget looking for every last point they can

If all you have is a $20 gram of weed (at least in ausland) you look at a big stem as a missed cone or two

I feel you though @Shredder and also think if we had more access to better quality full stop in this country it would be a bit different - although once people got used to it they would be the same....lol
My COLA fedish is my own preference?
Small nugget’s are for keeping the mud off your feet!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back