Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growing is so relaxing

This is why I say big buds are more desirable than small buds, at least to me

But when people are buying grams or quarters at a time they want/need as much for their $$ as they can get

I definitely prefer a big cola overall
And have not had to scrounge for weed for a good while

But I can understand those on a tight budget looking for every last point they can

If all you have is a $20 gram of weed (at least in ausland) you look at a big stem as a missed cone or two

I feel you though @Shredder and also think if we had more access to better quality full stop in this country it would be a bit different - although once people got used to it they would be the same....lol

Well I hope your govt legalizes soon.

My patients are generally poor and disabled. Its just over $5 here, and its still a lot , IMHO. But I gotta keep the lights on, lol. They get breaks, freebies, and no one goes without if they're broke. I have a great group though, and I work my butt off for them.

Medical dispensaries vary from what im told but nearest to me its $12-15 a grams and recreational dispensaries $17-27. Hopefully those prices will come down as our program matures. Recreational just started recently so as more come on board it should get better.

But even when its legal its best to grow your own or know someone, just like the old days, or some prick (cop, dealer, govt, dispensary) gets all the money.

Well I hope your govt legalizes soon.

My patients are generally poor and disabled. Its just over $5 here, and its still a lot , IMHO. But I gotta keep the lights on, lol. They get breaks, freebies, and no one goes without if they're broke. I have a great group though, and I work my butt off for them.

Medical dispensaries vary from what im told but nearest to me its $12-15 a grams and recreational dispensaries $17-27. Hopefully those prices will come down as our program matures. Recreational just started recently so as more come on board it should get better.

But even when its legal its best to grow your own or know someone, just like the old days, or some prick (cop, dealer, govt, dispensary) gets all the money.
I love the days when I was able.to grow many years ago
Much less tech than nowadays but just as rewarding of an activity

I long for legalisation here where people have proper access

It's medically legal here now but be fucked if you can find a doctor willing to even discuss the topic let alone begin the red tape they have to in order to prescribe

I like the sound of your system currently especially in comparison to what we live with atm

@felvapes My friend, you sound like me talking about the state of things here in England. I qualify on multiple conditions but it’s just as you say.
The best thing to do as a patient here is provide for yourself so you know everything from seed/clone right on through the process. Otherwise in the UK, it’s still an expensive crapshoot and no matter how good it is, those buds have been tumbled & trimmed so much that most trichs are long gone. :hmm: Kills me when I see US & Canadian posts with pics of the latest retail products and the buds look so frosty and well cared for. So in my corner of the world, if you want the good good like you see online or want something for specific medical ailment or maybe you just want clean, high quality solventless extracts, your options are rather limited...:cry:

EDIT: Also, growing is so very relaxing and I find it surprisingly rewarding even beyond the bud. It’s the nurturing and tending to this miraculous plant that in turn nurtures me. For me, that’s a big piece of the joy of the small farmer.

Last edited:
@felvapes My friend, you sound like me talking about the state of things here in England. I qualify on multiple conditions but it’s just as you say.
The best thing to do as a patient here is provide for yourself so you know everything from seed/clone right on through the process. Otherwise in the UK, it’s still an expensive crapshoot and no matter how good it is, those buds have been tumbled & trimmed so much that most trichs are long gone. :hmm: Kills me when I see US & Canadian posts with pics of the latest retail products and the buds look so frosty and well cared for. So in my corner of the world, if you want the good good like you see online or want something for specific medical ailment or maybe you just want clean, high quality solventless extracts, your options are rather limited...:cry:

EDIT: Also, growing is so very relaxing and I find it surprisingly rewarding even beyond the bud. It’s the nurturing and tending to this miraculous plant that in turn nurtures me. For me, that’s a big piece of the joy of the small farmer.
Oh the many pictures and strains from OS..... :drooling:

One day I would love to be in a position to grow again
We have one state going legal next year in January
If federal government doesn't shut it down it's a tempting move

Where are we moving to @felvapes, I am still looking for a block to buy?
I'm not sure where the best bits are to go
But as long as in state we probably good :)
I'll rent the shed/granny flat out back of the block

Unfortunately Jarvis bay is out of the loop with this
It's in NSW but part of act voting boundary
But it misses out on the law change apparently

I'm not sure where the best bits are to go
But as long as in state we probably good :)
I'll rent the shed/granny flat out back of the block

Unfortunately Jarvis bay is out of the loop with this
It's in NSW but part of act voting boundary
But it misses out on the law change apparently
5 acres = $69,000 1979 HAWAIIAN LAND
“. = $8,500,000 2019 same location?
If you can buy land now wherever you are!
PAVED PARADISE?

Nice, I don't care what people say about 'Money Shots' big colas are just a pleasure to live with, from just admiring as they grow to being easy to trim and hang and cure, there is a lot to love when it comes to big colas!

View attachment 15336
Nice and healthy!

I think it's largely a matter of spending time with your plants and identifying what they are trying to tell you "Oh? you need a little more light over here? OK, let.me turn you around" "you're thirsty? OK here's some water"......

But then harvest time comes and they're like "hey, what's up with the shears?"
I had a patients SIL complain that large buds hid big stems and should be broke up. I laughed it off, first time I've ever heard that.

In the 70's we could not identify buds in mexi brick weed. Seeds n stems, stones, dirt, yes, but no buds due to terrible handling and pressing into bricks.

I guess youngins are spoiled. I'd flip out if I seen a bag then, that my patients get now, lol.

A lot of time and effort goes into those pretty flowers.

I tell everyone who will listen that it would be very difficult to get rich growing. ....way too much labor involved unless you can go huge and benefit from economies of scale. I have an agricultural degree so that's my expert opinion.

Anyway, I was telling my 26 YO son stories of back in the day and how half of whatever was in the bag was discarded (seed, stem, unidentifiable) He found a HTs article titled something like "Weed in the 70's and 80's Was Unfit For Human Consumption" complete with money shots from the era. One word: Gross.:puke:

I'd link the article if I could figure out how to. We've come a long way and are entering into the Golden Era.

Depends how much you are buying I guess
When on low budget and buying small amounts a big stem could be a gram of your quarter
I could understand that being annoying

Big buds are nicer to have than lots of little ones though and have come from nice plants usually

I recently saw some bud (in Iowa of all places) that I could very easily live with the price tag of ($10).......I prefer the known of my own......but it's a shit ton of work and itbeing farming there's no 100% guaranteed chance of success. I've just been relatively lucky so far.

Last edited:
I'd link the article if I could figure out how to.
Just copy the url and paste it into the content of your post... I'd love to read it.

I think about the weed we used to smoke... and it was some pretty nasty stuff lol. No flavor (to speak of) other than dirt... and more seeds and stems than actual herb.

Did anyone else miss a few seeds in their joint, only to have them explode and burn your chest (okay... so I was smoking in bed)? :uhoh:

Just copy the url and paste it into the content of your post... I'd love to read it.

I think about the weed we used to smoke... and it was some pretty nasty stuff lol. No flavor (to speak of) other than dirt... and more seeds and stems than actual herb.

Did anyone else miss a few seeds in their joint, only to have them explode and burn your chest (okay... so I was smoking in bed)? :uhoh:

I'm a luddite w my phone Mom but will try to figure it out.

my recollections usually involved dusty, stemmy, seedy mank in foldable lunch have (pre-ziplock)

half of it seemed to wind up returned unused to the earth

a popping seed in a pinner was the cause of much hilarity

My poor plants are now suffering from the heat, it got up to 33C (91f) last night in the bud room (measured from under the canopy) and I have had the aircon going to try and keep cool, only up to 27c (80f) right now so keeping up better tonight.
The 16x plants have sucked 35 liters of Canna Grow A&B in 4 days.
Pics were taken a couple of hours ago,
IMG_20191229_201704.jpg

IMG_20191229_201723.jpg

And for a bit of extra stress, I turned the timer to 12/12 for the budding cycle yesterday.

My poor plants are now suffering from the heat, it got up to 33C (91f) last night in the bud room (measured from under the canopy) and I have had the aircon going to try and keep cool, only up to 27c (80f) right now so keeping up better tonight.
The 16x plants have sucked 35 liters of Canna Grow A&B in 4 days.
Pics were taken a couple of hours ago,
View attachment 15399

View attachment 15400

And for a bit of extra stress, I turned the timer to 12/12 for the budding cycle yesterday.

A temporary solution is to spray with just water. The evaporation helps cool leaves. This might get you through a tough night.

Then of course, you can turn down the lights. Not a great solution but it can get your plants through a hot spell.

Sounds like you run flower lights at night. Another helpful idea, along with lots of air movement.

A temporary solution is to spray with just water. The evaporation helps cool leaves. This might get you through a tough night.

Then of course, you can turn down the lights. Not a great solution but it can get your plants through a hot spell.

Sounds like you run flower lights at night. Another helpful idea, along with lots of air movement.

Personally I'd be a little reluctant to drive the humidity up with those temps. I had to deal with some mold this last time around and it was related directly due to my humidity. As long as things weren't over watered there was no mold.

Maybe hang a few LEDs to get thru the heat of the day? Blast with a fan?

All good now with my w/shop aircon lung room feeding cool air from below with circulating fans and a fine mist spray of room temp tank water before the lights came on tonight. No worries about mold here with an inlet (air-conditioned), circulating and exhaust fans all pumping and blowing away @Basement Farmer especially with my Autopots system.

Well my Glookies came down and took four hours to chop, remove fans and do a rough wet trim. That shit is my least favourite aspect of the process for sure. Harvesting & trimming is so NOT relaxing ime/imo. Only my second run ever and very happy with photo experience compared to autos. It’s absolutely crazy to me that a novice in suboptimal conditions, still making plenty of mistakes can achieve better results than can be bought here. Not bragging, if I can then seriously, anyone can do it.

Personally I'd be a little reluctant to drive the humidity up with those temps. I had to deal with some mold this last time around and it was related directly due to my humidity. As long as things weren't over watered there was no mold.

Maybe hang a few LEDs to get thru the heat of the day? Blast with a fan?

Mold and high heat don't go together. High temps hold more moisture. Damp and cool is mold city. Cooler air can't hold as much water. A common basement grow problem.

If mold was a concern, and it shouldn't be in a well designed room, a little milk in the spray water to raise the pH to 7+ will work. Mold won't get a start at 7 or higher pH. A compost tea spray is good for mold as well, if your not in flower.

Heat is a concern of mine since I don't have AC. But in 6 summers here I never suffered much using these tips.

I've never had mold in 10 years of indoor grows. Outdoors yes.

All good now with my w/shop aircon lung room feeding cool air from below with circulating fans and a fine mist spray of room temp tank water before the lights came on tonight. No worries about mold here with an inlet (air-conditioned), circulating and exhaust fans all pumping and blowing away @Basement Farmer especially with my Autopots system.

Glad it worked out for you. Few things compare to the stress of crops in the field. On a much smaller scale I can relate to what it must feel like to have crops wither and having your livelihood riding on it....tho I wouldn't starve in the middle of winter over it I'd be bummed.......very, very bummed.

Well my Glookies came down and took four hours to chop, remove fans and do a rough wet trim. That shit is my least favourite aspect of the process for sure. Harvesting & trimming is so NOT relaxing ime/imo. Only my second run ever and very happy with photo experience compared to autos. It’s absolutely crazy to me that a novice in suboptimal conditions, still making plenty of mistakes can achieve better results than can be bought here. Not bragging, if I can then seriously, anyone can do it.

That's kinda the epiphany I had when I did it. Like shit, that ain't so hard. Basically a few rudimentary gardening skilz, tools, supplies and a lot of patience.

Even though it is a shit ton of work, I find the harvesting and trimming joyous because it's that much closer to being consumed and it's one less thing to worry about.

Probably helps too that I don't do it in one session.....yeah, that would get old quick. But I break it up over days

Mold and high heat don't go together. High temps hold more moisture. Damp and cool is mold city. Cooler air can't hold as much water. A common basement grow problem.

If mold was a concern, and it shouldn't be in a well designed room, a little milk in the spray water to raise the pH to 7+ will work. Mold won't get a start at 7 or higher pH. A compost tea spray is good for mold as well, if your not in flower.

Heat is a concern of mine since I don't have AC. But in 6 summers here I never suffered much using these tips.

I've never had mold in 10 years of indoor grows. Outdoors yes.

Probably. But the basement is the most stable environment in my house and until this year I never had mold of any kind. The basement doesn't get wild temperature and humidity swings and I can control both with fans and open windows pretty easily. Granted, where I live the weather is all over the place, so stable is a relative term. Outdoors would be a no-go for me. Cold brief summers, nosey neighbors and critters. Not worth it.

I'm pretty sure my mold issue was attributable to my soil that was used. In the past I had used a sand based plant fiber\ peat based mix. It worked well, but dried out very fast and required a lot of attention (I couldn't skip watering more than 1 day) . It was difficult to over water. This last time around it was a composted manure \ plant fiber media. The plants loved it and it retained moisture much better but I over watered once and immediately noticed some mold.I also noticed some fungal growth in the soil which was a first......the plants didn't seem to mind so I didn't sweat it.

Live and learn. I guess that's part of the fun.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back