Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growing is so relaxing

A dehumidifier might help.

I take in air from the outside so the humidity, from intake air, is whatever it is outside. But in winter the air goes through sealed hoods and that helps dry it, and a dehumidifier in the flower room seals the deal.

When it's really cold, like below 10°F I don't take in outside air. But my worm bin keeps the co2 up, so no intake air is ok.

In winter if it gets too dry, I put water on the cement floor. Simple but effective.

One exhaust fan is controlled by a programmable thermostat so heat doesn't build up, and I can keep the temps where I want them.

In summer the dehumidifier adds too much heat, so I control any issues with increased air movement.

I've never had mold or mildew.

I thought I had better check on my plants as they should nearly be ready and found a few have fallen over under their own weight. I just left them like it as it would be just a sticky mess to get in and re-jig the yoyos.
I also noticed the light was still set at 90% from when I transplanted the cuttings...oh well.

I thought I had better check on my plants as they should nearly be ready and found a few have fallen over under their own weight. I just left them like it as it would be just a sticky mess to get in and re-jig the yoyos.
I also noticed the light was still set at 90% from when I transplanted the cuttings...oh well.

File it under " shit happens" lol.

I'm at 6 years of continuous growing. Even through hip replacement surgery and numerous equipment failures, I never stopped.

It's hard to stay on top of things 24/7. Maybe some day I'll take an extended break.

I'm at 6 years of continuous growing. Even through hip replacement surgery and numerous equipment failures, I never stopped.

It's hard to stay on top of things 24/7. Maybe some day I'll take an extended break.
You've said this before.... and I get the feeling that it's like my husband saying he's going to 'retire' from our family business. Never going to happen lol... he's going to be tottering into the office to 'check on things' way past the time of his usefulness. :rofl:

File it under " shit happens" lol.
I have had a mumma plant and crop in at this house since 98, carting buckets of nutrient up a step ladder into an attic since then has helped my balance, 2 at a time climbing a ladder with no hands, usually bent,
IMG_20200222_144412.jpg

A fellow will have to invest in a pump...one day, I do like mixing 1 bucket at a time as it will not hurt much if one is not mixed correctly, or am I just making more room for error?

I have had a mumma plant and crop in at this house since 98, carting buckets of nutrient up a step ladder into an attic since then has helped my balance, 2 at a time climbing a ladder with no hands, usually bent,
View attachment 16819
A fellow will have to invest in a pump...one day, I do like mixing 1 bucket at a time as it will not hurt much if one is not mixed correctly, or am I just making more room for error?
As you've been at it since '98, I'd say you have it down. I'm sure the plants will let you know if they aren't pleased with your methods.

I took my clones last weekend and when I opened up mumma, she had collapsed under her own weight of branches. She went from 6ft high to 4ft overnight and all the tips had started to point back up toward the lights. This made for some interestingly shaped clone stems but they all seem to be rooting fine...from what I can tell at this stage.

I took my clones last weekend and when I opened up mumma, she had collapsed under her own weight of branches. She went from 6ft high to 4ft overnight and all the tips had started to point back up toward the lights. This made for some interestingly shaped clone stems but they all seem to be rooting fine...from what I can tell at this stage.

I wish I kept the picture but it's gone, but back in the day when a had a gorilla grow on federal property I had a beautiful plant that turned all sorts of colors in the fall.

When I came out to check it after a storm it was mostly horizontal and about 1/3 of the branches broke off.

I harvested the broken branches and propped up the others with forest debris until a proper harvest.

It appeared that a sudden down wind flattened it.

I wish I kept the picture but it's gone, but back in the day when a had a gorilla grow on federal property I had a beautiful plant that turned all sorts of colors in the fall.

When I came out to check it after a storm it was mostly horizontal and about 1/3 of the branches broke off.

I harvested the broken branches and propped up the others with forest debris until a proper harvest.

It appeared that a sudden down wind flattened it.
Awk! @Shredder! New picture! Change! Need a moment to adjust. Nice look, @Shredder.
I've got a few babies in the closet. They've moved, pucks to cups. They might get hungry, so that's the next step. Or something.

I just finished getting my flower room ready for the new babies and thought a quick dab to celebrate was in order then noticed my growing man glitter nails and had to take a pick for @momofthegoons, fancy gold vermiculite nails,
IMG_20200326_161757.jpg

I thought I'd posted this picture here already, search not bringing it up but feel free to delete it if I have already.
Back when I was a bad 'un I'd be aiming for big buds @felvapes. The only problem was keeping mould at bay.
This was supposed to be one main bud and a couple of smaller ones. The Skunk 1 had other ideas. About 3oz dry weight.
Screenshot_20200331_144630.jpg

I miss being able to grow, one day.

Found cobwebs and tiny spiders with the jeweler's loop on a couple of the plants leaves a minute ago, found a dead European wasp on the floor that they must have piggybacked in on ffs.
Will wait for the lights to go out in the morning and hit them with whatever I can find...little fuckers, thankfully I took a pic for here otherwise I would not have picked it up for ages.
IMG_20200610_234351.jpg

Cant wait to start growing again.. i have everything ready to go.. but jus cant justify the risk right now. So im jus growing a rose plant instead for a bit.. not as rewarding but i like applying cannabis tech to normal plants....

More relaxing growing time, my main grow hit 40.6c (105f) a minute ago even with my air con feeding it from below...been similar for the last week or so.
The heat did not play well with my just transplanted clones, 6 dead, 2 just alive, and 8 that seem to love the heat and are growing vigorously.:mental:
My mumma plant was so tall I can barely reach the top fresh growth so I cut her back.
Now I am going to wait a couple of weeks before taking more clones then replacing my mumma with the best 2 looking new plants that love the heat/abuse.
A setback like this would have had me panicking in the old combustion days but running low on buds is not a worry I have anymore since vaping/dabbing. :smoke:

Something smelled extra funny in the grow room,
1644461889326.jpg

I might try a different type as this is the 3rd I have had crap out (3 were installed/used for just over 12 months before these failures started 6 months ago)
Burnt my index finger pretty well (nearly coil temp burn), at least there was no fire but made of non-flammable...crap helped.
All this on top of another 2x lots of clones mostly carking it due to the heat (8 out of 36 survived where I normally have 90%+ success rate with clones)
I've had great success wrapping these with clear packing tape
Great idea...Done!

View attachment 33965
I might try a different type as this is the 3rd I have had crap out (3 were installed/used for just over 12 months before these failures started 6 months ago)
Burnt my index finger pretty well (nearly coil temp burn), at least there was no fire but made of non-flammable...crap helped.
All this on top of another 2x lots of clones mostly carking it due to the heat (8 out of 36 survived where I normally have 90%+ success rate with clones)

Great idea...Done!
Lucky for no fires mate that would have sucked

View attachment 33965

Great idea...Done!
the orbital track or last grow season fighting the control of da grow room was
Next 2 impossible?
Da desert like heat is hard on the texture da CANNABIS PLANT?
Outside is easier to grow 4-my lifestyle!
Indoor growing is decent if U can do it?
Least path of resistance?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back