Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growing is so relaxing

Something smelled extra funny in the grow room,
View attachment 33965
I might try a different type as this is the 3rd I have had crap out (3 were installed/used for just over 12 months before these failures started 6 months ago)
Burnt my index finger pretty well (nearly coil temp burn), at least there was no fire but made of non-flammable...crap helped.
All this on top of another 2x lots of clones mostly carking it due to the heat (8 out of 36 survived where I normally have 90%+ success rate with clones)

Great idea...Done!
the problem with this brand of fans, is the poor very poor quality power cord.
if you look closely(I am to imbecile to repost with a circle of the spot),you an see next to axle the burnt spot in the cable . that's causing shortcuts and could very well start a fire.
Anyway, with the brand grow lush, I fucking hate them, myself for bringing such shite products on the market.:twocents:

I fucking hate them, myself for bringing such shite products on the market.:twocents:
Me too! The 3 fans have all crapped out and replaced under warranty...and are now dying again.
That fan prop shaft had all sorts of heat treatment colours!
I cannot find any half-decent looking 220/240v clip fans.
Grolush also made/sold some poor quality HPS lamps too from memory.

So my mumma needs replacing as she is now 6'3" from the bottom of her trunk and just too big,
1644897461697.jpg

She is in a self-watering pot that holds 16ltr(4gallons) of grow juice that was using over 2ltr per day!
Seems a shame to chuck her in the bin...oh well.

Just wondering out loud;@LesPlenty why not put that momma outside on the deck?
you live quite rural as far as I can understand.?I admit I wouldn't chuck her on the deck in an urban area.
It would be fantastic to get flower from a mature girl like that, and since we are heading in to the flower season outside ,why the bin.?
How old is she?
make a clone and keep her going?

sorry, this sounds like harassment, but these are my questions, that will keep me awake at night...:whipit:.

I'm sure he will be replacing her with a new cut of her self
Correct, I have thinned out a lot of clones down to 4 candidates that are booming in the cloning kit. This is the second time (I think) that I have replaced this strains mumma with a clone of herself since the seed.
and since we are heading in to the flower season outside
I thought it was too late for that here, I am not sure as I have been a closet gardener since '95...she would need a lot of help to support the height, more trouble than it is worth plus the smell would get me in trouble...it takes a lot of $ to quietly get rid of smells from an enclosed environment...impossible outside.

Now I can relax...7 hours of trimming,
1662904198742.jpg

My expensive Phresh silenced exhaust fan has died...again for good this time and I am looking at the following (just the exhaust and maybe circulation fan for me), supposed to be about the same sound wise but I will check before I buy. It is also the same price as a Phresh replacement that only comes with a speed controller. This Infinity exhaust fan also has a higher water/dust rating.

I am looking at making my current strain more relaxing...UVB supplemental lighting can increase terpene levels by up to 30%, these are flavour and effect profiles.

This crop has been pretty relaxing, except for when I went to take this picture and noticed my exhaust fan had parted ways with the charcoal filter. Had to push my way thru the jungle to fix...all relaxed again now,
1669780525300.jpg

I did notice the light seemed to 'flicker' a bit at times even though I just replaced the $250 bulb last crop (I should get 6-8 crops from the CMH630 before it becomes too inefficient)
Looks like I might get a few nice crownies if the light works properly, I should buy a PAR light meter as apparently my Lux meter is old-fashioned.
I may go LED:razz2: if these crownies do not fill out properly and have been eyeing off the MarsHydro FC8000 as it seems nice and bright with a good spread of light due to having 8 separate light bars, over a thousand bucks here but should last 10 years or more,
1669781147486.png

Has anyone here ever tried to re-veg a plant? If yes, how was your experience?
I have been toying with the idea of giving it a try with one of my two ladies that I will harvest soon.

Has anyone here ever tried to re-veg a plant? If yes, how was your experience?
I have been toying with the idea of giving it a try with one of my two ladies that I will harvest soon.

Isn't that basically what you're doing when you turn a plant into a mother by clipping for clones? Or is that only done before a plant has matured and flowered?

And... I'm not sure how long you'll be out of town this next go round. But time available to do this might be something to think about here.

Isn't that basically what you're doing when you turn a plant into a mother by clipping for clones? Or is that only done before a plant has matured and flowered?

And... I'm not sure how long you'll be out of town this next go round. But time available to do this might be something to think about here.

I do not know if it is the same thing. I am still not experienced in this.
It is sending the plant back to veg-stage after harvesting.
It is just something I'd like to try out.

Yes, I will be away for a month but this time I will leave three ladies into the tent to veg.

• The clone, which seems to grow happily
  • a second strain which I have just planted...I hope it comes out. It had a very long germination phase
  • one of the two ladies that is flowering with which I want to give it a try with the reveg
I will use the same system that I used once already.
Wi-fi pump, camera, etc...

From the other side of the planet, I will monitor my system through the app :headbang:

It is sending the plant back to veg-stage after harvesting.
It is just something I'd like to try out.
It can be done, I did years ago with a mumma plant just for experimenting/fun...a fair waste of power compared to normal operations though.
Maybe just a jewelers loupe?
That is what I use along with 3.5x reading glasses for my low-def eyesight!

It can be done, I did years ago with a mumma plant just for experimenting/fun...a fair waste of power compared to normal operations though.

In fact, I also simply want to experiment.. Just see what happens.
That is what I use along with 3.5x reading glasses for my low-def eyesight!

This must be the right decision!
All those LED-microscope are just a waste of money. They drive me crazy!

All those LED-microscope are just a waste of money. They drive me crazy!
Thanks for the warning as I had been looking at them. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warning as I had been looking at them. :thumbsup:

You had been considering buying one of them because your 3x5 x jeweler loupe is not satisfying, right?

I have one of 2X5 and I can assure you that it is useless.

I wonder what do other users here use to check the trichomes

What kind of microscope do you use which doesn't drive you crazy to check the stage of the trichomes?
I have a model similar to the second one you show, the Carson Microbrite. I've had it for several years and am very happy with it, but initially it did take some getting used to. Once you find it's sweet spot, it's great. It's small enough to comfortably pocket which is important to me since I grow outdoors.

I have a model similar to the second one you show, the Carson Microbrite. I've had it for several years and am very happy with it, but initially it did take some getting used to. Once you find it's sweet spot, it's great. It's small enough to comfortably pocket which is important to me since I grow outdoors.
In fact before buying it, I made a short research on the internet and it appeared to me to be a good one that is why I bought it.
As far as the potency of magnification, I can say that it is good.

I think that you are right having to get used to it. I haven't had it for long time. I bought it after my first grow because I was not content with the previous microscope and I am using it for the first time.
I might need to practice more patiently.
At the moment, as I said, it simply drives me crazy! :BangHead:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back