Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Growth timeline

psychonaut

Florist
Company Rep
This handy chart came from canna website.

2019-05-29 21.40.58.png

a. This period varies depending on the species and number of plants per m2.
Mother plants remain in this phase until the end (6 – 12 months).

b. The changeover from 18 to 12 hours varies depending on the variety. The rule of thumb is to change after 2 weeks.

Mother plants remain in this phase until the end (6 – 12 months).
I had the same mumma for about 10 years before I replaced her with her own clone, why only 6 to 12 months?

I had the same mumma for about 10 years before I replaced her with her own clone, why only 6 to 12 months?

Ive never really kept mothers.

Back in the day, I started seeds in plugs for the spring. They went out after last frost. That's may here.

Now indoors I take cuts around the same time as the "mom's" are going into flower. That gives me 20 something inch plants when their moms are harvested.

I grow in a 8 plant scrog under 2k lights. It's a 9 x 4.5 ft area.

The youngins go into the same hole and pot that the mom's occupied. Then a quick top dressing of worm castings. And wheel on the bus go round and round.

I harvest four times a year, every year for the last 5 years. And in a different place I had 5 year run in a smaller grow. It's like a bad habbit, lol.

That chart in the first post seems to show a 17 week total life span.
That chart covers a lot of different strains...the least and most time for each period so it is from 9 weeks (add the shortest times together) to 17 weeks (add the longest times together).
The time frames confused me at first too but you work the chart to your plant type.

That chart covers a lot of different strains...the least and most time for each period so it is from 9 weeks (add the shortest times together) to 17 weeks (add the longest times together).
The time frames confused me at first too but you work the chart to your plant type.
I added to 17 also........what cannabis plant goes from seed to harvest in 17 weeks?

I usually grow sativas which have a longer life cycle. My seedlings are usually a month or two old before they are transplanted outside in the spring. They start to flower in Sept and I harvest in November. So my experience is that the growth cycle I get here in the North is at least 30 weeks or so from sprouting the seed. Keep in mind that this is a natural cycle and that I'm not using supplemental lights or a controlled environment, although I do fertilize the plants every week or so. I am at the mercy of the weather, a cold snap in the spring will surely slow them down for a few weeks.

.what cannabis plant goes from seed to harvest in 17 weeks?
Pretty well any, I flowered off an old Mumma plant once so maybe a year is my record!

Pretty well any, I flowered off an old Mumma plant once so maybe a year is my record!
I am so confused...........lolz.
I meant total life time from seed in the ground to finished flowering at 17 weeks.
I guess if you veg for 7 weeks then flip and chop at 10 weeks you can call it that..........but is it done at 10 especially if you start at 7?
I don't track veg times but do drop da seeds regularly so next round I should actually mark the calender and see.

What?
I seem to be on a different schedule. It's a wonder it ever works out. I just need to keep the babies alive until I can get them outside and hope fresh air and sun take over for my short comings.
I can say everything seems to go better now that I have heat in the room. Much faster growth, and I planted early to allow for slow growth. Might have started too many plants, if that's a thing. I expected, expect, 2/3 to not make it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back