Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Gummies questions

Shredder

Dogs like me
How strong are gummies typically? How many does it take to catch a buzz?

I bought some silicone mj leaf gummy molds and they hold 1/2 tsp each. The recipe we're using has one cup of liquids. Plus honey, or a sweetener, and the canna portion.

One cup is 48 tsp or 96 1/2tsp doses. So over 100 gummy doses.

I'm trying to figure doses. I don't envision one gummy to be strong, but something noticable at least.

For now I'm going to use my medicated maple syrup as a sweetener, and it's very strong, but I don't have any numbers on it.

How strong are gummies typically? How many does it take to catch a buzz?
Most of the gummies I've seen for sale (the normal sized ones like you are describing... not the jumbo ones) are usually around 10mg. a piece. And it usually takes 10 of them to get me buzzed.

Without knowing the strength of your syrup, it's going to be hard to calculate dosages. Looks like you're going to have to go the guinea pig route lol.... :science:

I can now report some results.

The gummies turned out soft. Not enough gelatin? Powdered sugar drew out water and made some watery, so we left the majority plain.

The effects we're light, as expected. Taking one and waiting an hour gave me about a 3 out of ten.

I took one an hour for a total of 4, then went to bed. I maintained a nice mellow buzz that increased with each gummy.
I was probably a 7 when I went to bed.

I like the strength, and after being left on a tray in the fridge all night they firmed up a little.

A friend shared some gummies with me that he bought in CO. I believe they were titrated at 10mg doses which sounds like the "standard"

Pretty lame. I'd probably stick to DIY cannabutter myself but I suppose they are\ need to be concerned about the inexperienced customers greening out and winding up in the ED with panic attacks.

How great it is now that I have plenty of :weed:and can infuse as much oil I wish and make something with it.
Well, I am still a beginner with edibles and I am trying to find my feet with it but making gummies does not seem to be an easy thing that you get it right at your first try, do you?
I am struggling with it.
I switched from normal coconut to MCT coconot oil.
Does anyone know some good sources on the internet for recipes with infused MCT oil?

Does anyone know some good sources on the internet for recipes with infused MCT oil?
A quick search came up with this article:

It uses a gummy mix with the oil. I know Levo has one ( which is linked in the article) and Magical Butter does as well here.

A quick search came up with this article:

It uses a gummy mix with the oil. I know Levo has one ( which is linked in the article) and Magical Butter does as well here.
Thank you very much. I visited this page yesterday, already.
I might need to practice with the ration oil - and the rest to make sure that the oil does not separate.
I will continue experimenting tomorrow :biggrin:
It is time to sleep here already.

I have extracted 40 grams of :weed: in 600 Ml MCT oil...
So, I have quite a lot of infused oil to use
gummies are great to take with you...very discreet ....

@sballo I was perusing FaceBook this morning and saw a post regarding gummies... this was the recipe:

1/4 cup unflavored gelatin powder
1 cup cold water
1-5 ml of SOME kind of concentrated flavour extract or powder (I use Kool aid packets or lorann oils but I've also used all sorts of random candy products like warhead sour drops or lic-m-aid or sour dippers) just make sure it's shelf stable. Fruit juice will make them go moldy if not refrigerated, so I don't recommend fruit juice.
Citric acid to taste depending on the flavouring you use (5-15ml usually)
1.5 cups white sugar
Small amount of coconut oil
Concentrated cannabis oil (decarbed shatter, RSO, decarbed distillate all work)

If your extract is not decarbed, you're gonna want to do that first. Put it in an oven safe container, preferably silicon non stick so it's easy to get it back out after. Put it in the oven at 230F for about 20-30 mins.

Mix your cannabis extract approximately 1:1 with the coconut oil in a small glass or ceramic jar, put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Stir. Repeat until it's a smooth consistency.
Mix cold water and gelatin and flavouring vigorously in small saucepan. Let sit 5-10 minutes for the gelatin to 'bloom' (absorb all the water)
Heat slowly (medium heat) and add sugar (and cannabis oil mixed 1:1 with coconut oil) heat JUST to a boil. Remove from heat. Like the second it starts bubbling, take it off the heat. Let it sit until it cools to almost room temperature,stirring every couple minutes. (For firmer/chewy gummies,repeat this step a 2nd time)
Pour into molds and put it in the fridge or freezer for 12-24 hours to set. Remove from molds and set on parchment paper to dry for 4-8 hours
Roll the gummies in sugar or sour sugar(4 parts sugar 1 part citric acid) ,or vanilla sugar if you want em extra sweet. (Vanilla sugar is sold at bulk Barn or sometimes in packets in the baking aisle at the grocery)
Set the gummies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Let them dry with a fan pointed at it for 3-4 days, flipping occasionally.
The consistency changes as they dry, day 1 and 2 is like Jello, day 3 and 4 is like a soft gummi bear, day 5 or 6 they get firmer which some people like, and if you leave em longer you get kind of a hard outer shell and soft middle almost like a jelly bean. Feel free to experiment with the drying process.. it's alot like curing weed. If they're drying out too fast, you can put them in containers with lids then leave the lid on for 12 hours off for 12 hours, or on 24 off 24, etc etc. I usually do about 5-6 days of drying. But it also depends on how dry the air is where you live. It will be very different if you are in the desert or if you live by the ocean.
Once you seal them in a container or bag they will keep the consistency (as long as you don't do it too soon, if you seal them at the Jello stage they will sweat)

@sballo I was perusing FaceBook this morning and saw a post regarding gummies... this was the recipe:
Thank you very much! Indeed, I have been doing some experiments. I realize that it is not something that you will get at the first try. Quite an effort. As I continued to refine my techniques, I noticed a gradual improvement. Each attempt brought new insights, leading to better outcomes. Interestingly, I observed significant enhancements in both the structure and the aroma. It's a learning curve, but it's fascinating to see the progress unfold. The journey is as rewarding as the results themselves:science:

I am toying with the idea of infusing MC oil that has already been infused with cannabis with more cannabis to increase its potency.:science:
It should work, shouldn't it?

Next, I would like to try to infuse with syrup.
I could make my own syrup - just using water and sugar - but I have both some syrup without taste and some with taste which I bought as I was experimenting to make my own gummies with MCT infused oil.

I guess that cannabis syrup is more versatile than MCT oil infused.
Besides, I am not particularly fond of having oil in my drink or the like. I guess that syrup could be better.

@sballo you may get some tips from this thread on gummy recipes. And there is a thread on infusing simple syrup as well here. Tincandtoke goes through a lot of filtering with his process and I'm sure you could probably skip some of the filtering steps to get a simple syrup that would work.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back