Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Health and Beauty Thread

Basement Farmer

At least I have my health...

Anyway, Hey Thedev,

Yeah, I totally agree on the fasting thing.

5 years or so ago I was on a fasting/ pulse diet. Nothing formal, it just required discipline.

Other than being hungry, which is just a sensation that needed getting used to, I had really not felt so good in decades.

Lost almost 100 lbs off my disgusting post dad / divorcee bod. With that loss everything became easier physically. So it sets you off on a self perpetuating journey.

Afterwards could do more w. less O2. My very severe sleep apnea totally went away. A lot of my joints thanked me too.

50 YO dude feels better than his 25 YO self. It's one of those privileges you earn when you get older.....just before you descend into being really old.

Not so disciplined theze days. Way too much wine and cheese. But I know I can start up again if need be.

@Basement Farmer - This has been a passion and lifelong journey for US.

She has a serious sleep disorder, leaky gut syndrome, and spinal issues.

I have R knee ACL + MCL, L Knee Full replacement, fractured Pelvis awaiting the future procedure. Also some further spinal, injuries and mental (not listing more because o tracking and privacy).I get fucked by the VA on a regular basis.

DISCLAIMER: I work full-time and try to have an active life. Please never feel bad or sorry for me, I am doing quite well. Please save these feeling for my friends that made home or their families that have been forgotten

In 2012 I was taking 11 different medications (CNSs , Prozac, buckets of opioids (as many as I wanted), etc)..........today I only take THC, CBD, electrolytes, vitamins C, D3, and zinc.

She replaced all her medications (there were many, some not available or auth here had to be sourced from EU. Therefore our risk was intense for X years). She takes everything and then some: THC, CBD, CBN Isolate, ABV, way too many vitamins and minerals to list.

Modern integrated medicine is the future IMO;

FAIR WARNING: I am not an MD, my opinions and views are unique and unconventional. An open mind and growth mindset is needed to achieve better health and evolution itself.

Last edited:
Resource of the day: Cronometer

"What cant be measure, cannot be managed "
- DarthLuiggi (Reddit)

The free version is more than enough. This is the most complete open-sourced nutritional application ever built. Its code base and documentation are impressive.
We use that to track all nutritional intake, a fair & honest assessment is essential for us.

Last edited:
Not sure about the beauty but i can definitely talk about health....
After returning from the land of diabetes (usa) in 2015, i went on a major health kick... im ocd anyway, so it was to be expected id obsess about this too..
I did much learning before i decided what to jump into.. paleo was the best choice for me as it iv always been fussy and jus eat meat and veg anyway...
My problem was sugar.. i drank 6 - 8 cans of pepsi a day and ate myself into food coma everynight...
That and smoking... quit that same time...

Going keto isnt easy, xmas fucked me over so my body has to now learn again to use fat not carbs for fuel... carbs are scarce on paleo diet... i forgot how shit it feels.. always just feel empty, not hungry, empty..
So little strength or energy (got back on the creatine to help)..
Gyms closed here and thats killing my motivation... got a home gym now but its jus not the same...
Been forcing myself to do shit all time, jus 20 squats here, 10 deadlifts everytime i wanna toilet.. 50 pushups there...

Cant walk past this thing without pullups of some sort...
16105514978282988423254812270303.jpg

Jus gotta keep lifting, keep moving.. make stupid rules to make you do shit..
Gyms will open soon, ill be back full keto training full time and back to optimal again..

I cannot stress enough how good the gym is for my mental health... if anyone is feeling down jus go for a run.. hardest bit is starting, once out i promise it make you feel better...

@Kellya86 Creatine, pullup bars :love: ......Are you a member of Ketogains?Long shot...

It's a lot easier (and way cheaper) for us to eat in the EU than here. We still eat a lot of stuff sourced from there (olive oils, teas, spices, etc).
The quality standards are just a lot higher, and the GMO laws are non-existent here (labels cannot be fully trusted)

Last edited:
Resource of the day: Convict Conditioning - by Paul Wade (coach)

The best modern book on modern progressive calisthenics, some people call it the coach's bible. I see a lot of people talking about back pain, this is how I help and protect mine.

This book is for all levels and ages, loved by inmates, housewives, service members, and others.Will take you a decade or more to develop that type of raw strength and power.

Calisthenics requires zero money and equipment: No excuses !!

51eeR2pRqGL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
Are you a member of Ketogains?Long shot...
I am not but sounds intriguing..

Resource of the day: Convict Conditioning - by Paul Wade (coach)

The best modern book on modern calisthenics, some people call it the coach's bible. I see a lot of people talking about back pain, this is how I help and protect mine.

This book is for all levels and ages, loved by inmates, housewives, service members, and others.Will take you a decade or more to develop that type of raw strength and power.

Calisthenics requires zero money and equipment: No excuses !!

View attachment 23431

I got really into calisthenics about a year ago when gyms first shut.. really glad i di as its a just another form of strength like plyometrics that i also love..
I can planch and do front levers ect, basic stuff...
Working on human flag and power ups..
Problem is, its a wrist killer so i cant do it too much.. but yeah great for core.. and core weakness is most peoples back issues...

Now plyometrics is brillaint.. its explosive movements.. i can jump from standing about 1.4m.. its great for cardio and fat burning...

plyometrics are very powerful, I currently have to avoid due to my limitations.

Ketogains is a community of ketogenic and health nuts.
Luis has been fighting the good fight for over a decade, I know him way before Keto diets were a thing of mainstream media........his partner, Tyler is also a legend. They are both people that have to help us a lot with free knowledge and support. We often get together here during conferences and to hang out and eat BBQ.
Until 3 years ago they did not monetize from the brand, it was just a really good group(like here), now they have a Bootcamp program and a line of prepackaged electrolytes . You don't need to pay or buy anything at all to be part of it. A lot of knowledge can be found there. READ ALL THE GROUP RULES before anything... it's a serious no fucking around type of place...

plyometrics are very powerful, I currently have to avoid due to my limitations.

Ketogains is a community of ketogenic and health nuts.
Luis has been fighting the good fight for over a decade, I know him way before Keto diets were a thing of mainstream media........his partner, Tyler is also a legend. They are both people that have to help us a lot with free knowledge and support. We often get together here during conferences and to hang out and eat BBQ.
Until 3 years ago they did not monetize from the brand, it was just a really good group(like here), now they have a Bootcamp program and a line of prepackaged electrolytes . You don't need to pay or buy anything at all to be part of it. A lot of knowledge can be found there. READ ALL THE GROUP RULES before anything... it's a serious no fucking around type of place...

Just had a quick look and this is exactly the sort of information i need..
1st random post on their ig was about the need to time your carb intake right so you end up able to strength train.. i figured this out early on..
Get it wrong and i end up gym with no energy..
I work my arse off all day too.. im a carpenter/builder so im manual labour on top of training.. caffeine defo helps...

Thanks for the resource...... much appreciated...

@Kellya86 .....Electrolytes are not optional, never forget them....just came from a hike and was reminded of it the hard way.

Carpentry is fire...In high school I did as an elective, I quite enjoy it.

Coffee is my PWO too, love that.

I am glad you found the info.....always use the search bar there, the knowledge is deep and intense.

My life saver, went way up in price
My back (ankylosing spondylitis), hips and lower legs have gained a lot of mobility from the stretching combined with Tai Chi

My life saver, went way up in price
My back (ankylosing spondylitis), hips and lower legs have gained a lot of mobility from the stretching combined with Tai Chi
I have seen those before at a Hyatt gym, they look awesome...I think they can be very useful.

@Tincandtoke - Are you supplementing collagen at all?

What are you doing for inflammation?

Resource of the day: Turmeric and Curcumin -Your friends with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.​

There are hundreds of studies on it....I frequently use it with excellent results, this is a daily staple in our home. Please note that fat has to be present in the digestive tract for optimal absorption.

Note Acts ad a blood thinner also.​

Pub Med study

Healthline Article

s-l640.jpg

Turmeric by Solgar - Our preferred supplementation provider.

Last edited:

Resource of the day: Turmeric and Curcumin -Your friends with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.​

There are hundreds of studies on it....I frequently use it with excellent results, this is a daily staple in our home. Please note that fat has to be present in the digestive tract for optimal absorption.

Note Acts ad a blood thinner also.​

Pub Med study

Healthline Article

View attachment 23484

Turmeric by Solgar - Our preferred supplementation provider.
My knees and ankles completely agree
Turmeric was recommended by my MD, the brand I bought were horse pills (capsules)

Hello... my name is momofthegoons....

And sugar has me by the short hairs. And has as long as I remember. Most addictive substance on this earth. And the only one I haven't been able to master. I've quit it many times... but somehow it keeps sneaking back into my 'diet.' This last year.. god...

The fucking COVID/15 has hit me with a vengeance. I've fucking named my stomach Charlene. And if this keeps up, I'll have to name my ass as well.

I need to get on a serious course towards losing sugar from my life... and processed foods.

Now that I've confessed....

I'm really glad you guys started this thread. Lots of great information. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

@momofthegoons ..... baby steps, one day at a time.

Here is a little motivation: The healthier you are, the higher you get (for less money).

It's partly not your fault, the US food supply, and environmental exposure is designed to keep you addicted and sick.
Sugar is profitable than most people think: fuels addictive behavior and creates a lifetime customer and patient. It is the largest single cause of Metabolic syndrome Americans largest enemy IMO.Our health care system suffers because of it;

It takes over a year for your taste buds to start changing permanently, but after 90 days the cravings are usually not an issue( some women will have during those specific days due to hormones, but there are options for that)

I think an excellent way to get your foot wet is to find good, organic sugar substitutes such as stevia, monk fruit extract and other sugar alcohols.
It's not about radial changes, it is about little changes that snowball over the years

420 is about self-improvement too, 10 extra years on this earth can equal to many dabs and a lot of pleasure :torching:

Last edited:
Resource of the day: Scooby and Scooby Workshop;

His YTC ==>> Scooby's channel

WARNING: If you are homophobic don't go to his website, and fuck you.

Mechanical engineer, aviation enthusiast, a diva, and health nut. I have been a fan since day one (< 2007), his youtube channel is fire. I often use his Ideas and concepts.
I strongly recommend watching his early videos(prior to his retirement)

It's partly not your fault
I agree, governments have been carefully making sure we all consume more sugar... its great way to kill you off early... it causes so many health issues...
The brain requires 30g of sugar a day to work, and only sugar can cross the blood brain barrier... but 30gs is easily achieved with some fruit or honey.. natural sugars...
Why is sugar white...??? It doesnt need to be... they bleach it.. and this bleach causes your cells to suffocate and mutate causing cancer... if you must have procesese foods with sugar, pick something with unbleached organic cane sugar...
I have some chocolate every now and then, but it only has 4 organic ingredients...
Most addictive substance on this earth
It really really is... people have no idea how addicted they are until they try to stop it... its a real thing pinging of receptors in your brain like a crack head wanting a rock..
Sugar, cow juice, and bread......
Start by removing these @momofthegoons...
Just 2 weeks of full paleo would shock your body and you would lose a good amount of any excess weight....
Also being paleo you can eat as much as you want... high fat is the way.. good fats though...
Im on a high fat diet but my body fat is bout 13%.... go keto mom.....

Resource of the day: Scooby and Scooby Workshop;

His YTC ==>> Scooby's channel

WARNING: If you are homophobic don't go to his website, and fuck you.

Mechanical engineer, aviation enthusiast, a diva, and health nut. I have been a fan since day one (< 2007), his youtube channel is fire. I often use his Ideas and concepts.
I strongly recommend watching his early videos(prior to his retirement)

All he says is true...
Although i gotta say ab exercises are useful, they do make core muscles bigger and that makes them show through the fat layer better...
But yeah social media makes it seem like you can jus do a few situps... this whole thing is mainly diet not exercise...
Losing that lower belly fat is really really hard and most people give up....
Its your emergancy desert island last resort fat... your body naturally wants to store some fat for these situations.. without intense hiit workouts you wont burn this off.. the human body would rather eat muscle than the last bit of fat....
Starving yourself is bad too... in this situation, when your body senses food is scarce, it will make extra effort to store some fat...

So the answer is constancy... keep eating right with a slight calorie deficit, and remember even if you only ate 1000 calories today, if its more than 30gs of sugar, that will be fat.....
Its not jus about calories, its about the balance of compounds you need...

And stay the fuck away from liquid calories....

All he says is true...
Although i gotta say ab exercises are useful, they do make core muscles bigger and that makes them show through the fat layer better...
But yeah social media makes it seem like you can jus do a few situps... this whole thing is mainly diet not exercise...
Losing that lower belly fat is really really hard and most people give up....
Its your emergancy desert island last resort fat... your body naturally wants to store some fat for these situations.. without intense hiit workouts you wont burn this off.. the human body would rather eat muscle than the last bit of fat....
Starving yourself is bad too... in this situation, when your body senses food is scarce, it will make extra effort to store some fat...

So the answer is constancy... keep eating right with a slight calorie deficit, and remember even if you only ate 1000 calories today, if its more than 30gs of sugar, that will be fat.....
Its not jus about calories, its about the balance of compounds you need...

And stay the fuck away from liquid calories....
This was my conundrum when I did the the infused simple syrup
It works as a quick delivery that you can control
It makes great edibles
What are folks opinions on small amounts of sugar to deliver thc/cbd?

In the peppermint patties I made there was a teaspoon of infused simple syrup spread over 24 patties(I know all the powdered sugar, just an example)
By concentrating the milligrams into small amounts of the syrup you can add Chile paste or other flavoring and infuse your entree at the very end of the cooking process
Infused coconut oil can be substituted
200mg (or more) can be infused into a dish by adding a teaspoon of infused syrup and 2 tablespoons of Sambal and you have a nice sauce to toss noodles in, just keep in mind that dosing is always an issue so a thorough mix should spread out the mg enough to distribute the dosing over several servings
I watch cannabis cooking shows and they use a lot of high direct heat which seems like it would evaporate/burn off a lot of "medicine"
Trying Malaysian food now and it is perfect for infusing

Sorry for going off topic, more of an edibles post

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back