Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Help EDA Understand Modern Slang

EveryDayAmnesiac

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
So, a couple nights ago, Sierra was acting bratty. And I was in no mood for it. And I was feeling a mite bratty myself.

So, I tell her that she's acting like a "Saucy Paca."

She bursts into a teary laugh attack. "Dude, what am I?"

"You're a saucy paca."

"LOLOLOLOLOLOL. You don't even know what it means or how to say it! How white are you?!"

"How is it white? And I know what it means. It's like when a girl is being difficult."

"OH MY GOD. MICHAEL. Seriously."

"What? Is it because you're just hella lame?"

"DUDE! SERIOUSLY! STOP!"

"Am I just keepin it too real for you, homeslice?"

"LOLOLOLOLOL. Just stop. PLEASE. Just please stop. It's "Sussy Baka."

"No it's not. I've heard you say it. Saucy Paca."

"Oh my god. IT'S SUSSY BAKA!"

"What the fuck does sussy mean?"

"Like, a person who is like weird and you're suspicious of them."

"Oh, so you're saving one whole syllable with sussy?"

"Dude. Seriously. You are like that white guy English teacher we all had in high school who like hated his life."

"Why does this keep going back to the white thing?"

"LOL. Because you're so fucking white. Oh my god. And Baka is like someone who's an idiot or just like annoying. Please just keep talking like an old white guy because it's the only thing that works for you. LOL."

So yeah. Sussy Baka.

Any terms the kids are using these days that confuse you?

Sussy = Sus (Shorted) = Suspicious (Originally)

Baka (Japanese) = Fool (English)

Sussy Baka = Suspicious Fool (Combined)

interesting never heard such slang either?
idk kids today literally have the vocabulary of about 80-100 words, not exaggerating. pretty fucking sad.

Baby Bat is a new one for me.
A person who recently discovers Goth, often listening to Goth music and having a distinct flair for the occult and lean toward the macabre. Must have a love for Victorian/Georgian societies.
Baby Bats are distinctive from emos in both personality and dress sense. Though the bats often use heavy make-up, they wear more tartan and netting than Emos.
Baby bats grow up into Goths. Emos grow out of the fad, and into accountants.

Last edited:
I'm new to this term, but I think this may apply to this table of goth girls - or baby bats - that I get in trouble for every time Sierra catches me looking at them. I think they're somewhere in-between.

I just have a thing for goth girls. The makeup and the black clothing and netting and attitude and just ... the whole thing. It's fucking hot. I think it goes back to when I saw Beetlejuice as a child and Winona Ryder being all gothy. Winona is beautiful no matter how she's dressed but as a goth girl??!! Holy fucking hell.

And it's not really goth but Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns. Fucking hell. It was all about her eyes. She has the most beautiful blue eyes that have ever existed. The Catwoman costume sure didn't hurt. She was poured into it. She could have spent all nine of her lives with me.

Another term I was unfamiliar with was "thicc." Sometimes spelled as just "thick."

I thought it meant fat ... but then I was bitched out by Sierra for suggesting that so I looked it up ... and read about a hundred different definitions of what it means in slang.

The most common answer I could find was it's a description of a girl who has nice curves and is not skinny. Why does there have to be words for shit like this? Why does anyone under 30 years of age feel the need to put lables on themselves? Hashtag this and hashtag that? Why are young people so obsessed with labeling themselves? It's like they're constantly advertising themselves.

EDA.. CH is pretty thicc
zsO3cez.gif

New one i heard this AM was 'Zaddy'
A handsome Gentleman with a certain Flair and "swag", typically older in Age.
to Women this would suggest a man of a certain swagger, style and/or eliciting sexual connotations, a whole new category above 'Daddy':torching:

Shit. A woman like Christina.

I don't care who you are, what your gender is, what your sexuality is, what your preferences are ... you see a woman like that and you ... continue to look. Jesus Fucking Christ. Just ... FUCKING HELL. She's so sexy that it's not fair.

So Zaddy is like ... a sexy and rich .... grandpa?

yea something about those curvy gingers right?!
in same category would be Jurassic park chick she's THICC lmao.
i digress. yea Zaddy apparently has been around, were just not hip to it. could be gramps could be you! depends on the lasse who uses the term.

Are you talking about the Howard girl?

Shit. I would do terrible things for that woman. Unspeakable things. Her or Jessica Chastain. Whatever needed doing. No questions asked.

Although Agent Scully is still my favorite. I've had a crush on her since The X-Files first started airing in 1993. I was 13. And I'm still in love with her.

See. Now we're learning. Now we're sharing knowledge.

Is it useless information? Yes. Yes it is.

But someitimes to move forward ... you have to move backward. Or, sparing that, you have to know what the kids are saying these days so you can seem relevant.

I just asked Sierra what "Hellmaxing" means and how I would use it in a sentence.

"Michael. Don't ever use that word. Like ever. You have no idea, dude."

"Well what does it mean?"

"Dude. Seriously. Just .... no."

Whatever, then.

So ... not slang. But something else the kids are doing these days - driving on two wheels.

Sierra and I are just sitting in a parking lot and a dude in a Jeep made such a turn that it ended up on two wheels to the point I was certain it was going to roll over. But he got it just right so it went back to four wheels. Then he did this schreeching circle stop and saw us watching him.

He smiled and started nodding ... like yeah, that's how I fucking roll, bros.

This is what the kids are doing. It's a thing. What the fuck?

Sierra has been cracking up since she saw this:

Ugh. When the girls get together, the modern slang doesn't stop.

So ... "ship."

As in, "Those two are so cute together. I totally wanna ship them."

I guess this means when you want two people to get together, or set them up, so that they hook up and become an item and enter into a relationSHIP. That one is really stupid.

"Pulling trig"

This one is sad. It's when you're binge drinking and you make yourself throw up, or have someone else make you throw up, to avoid a hangover and all the calories. This has been around a while, sure, but I guess now it's quite common, mostly with college girls with eating disorders and who are obsessed with their weight but also college guys too, to some degree. It's sad, stupid, dangerous, extremely damaging to your body, and it doesn't even really work they way kids think it will. Unless it's a life threatening situation, this one gets a big thumbs down from me. How about ... I don't know ... drinking less and using more cannabis instead?

"Cheugy"

This one is frustrating because it can mean several things. But it most often means someone is following trends that are no longer trendy. Whether it be slang, clothes, hairstyles, emojis, whatever. Basically. it means ... you're no longer cool.

Sigh. I remember when slang used to be fun. Now it's just depressing. ... :disgust:

Ugh. When the girls get together, the modern slang doesn't stop.

So ... "ship."

As in, "Those two are so cute together. I totally wanna ship them."

I guess this means when you want two people to get together, or set them up, so that they hook up and become an item and enter into a relationSHIP. That one is really stupid.

"Pulling trig"

This one is sad. It's when you're binge drinking and you make yourself throw up, or have someone else make you throw up, to avoid a hangover and all the calories. This has been around a while, sure, but I guess now it's quite common, mostly with college girls with eating disorders and who are obsessed with their weight but also college guys too, to some degree. It's sad, stupid, dangerous, extremely damaging to your body, and it doesn't even really work they way kids think it will. Unless it's a life threatening situation, this one gets a big thumbs down from me. How about ... I don't know ... drinking less and using more cannabis instead?

"Cheugy"

This one is frustrating because it can mean several things. But it most often means someone is following trends that are no longer trendy. Whether it be slang, clothes, hairstyles, emojis, whatever. Basically. it means ... you're no longer cool.

Sigh. I remember when slang used to be fun. Now it's just depressing. ... :disgust:

Pop culture lost me at two girls, one cup
Never looked up trends people were referencing until this one was referenced in family guy
I will never look one up again

I'd like to know why the hell the 'young folk' feel it's necessary to call women 'dude.' Especially women much older than said youngster.... I mean... wtf?

Dude, if you don't know by now, you never will.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back